• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    * No late night snacking
    * Stay within 100 cal of my daily goal
    * Get into bed by 11pm

Starting small!

Blew every single one. Went to bed after 2am, ate not just over 100 cals of my goal but 500 cals over maintenance. Darn you post-loss self-destruction! *shakes fist*

So. New day, same goals. Persistence will get me there eventually. When I can do these things, I can do more :smile:

I have many days like this. But yes persistence is key lol!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Wednesday

- Get up and get ready :smiley: did my hair and everything and still made it to work by my normal time (30min late). It does feel good to look good.
    - Pack lunch and fruit for breakfast :smile:
    - Breakfast: protein bar & applesauce :smile:
    - Get samples in the oven for their 3 our extraction. Random worky stuff. :smile:
    - Lunch - Chicken breast over baby spinach with a bit of Italian dressing and mixed berries :smile:
    - Work up samples. :smile:
    - Attend Co-op's Exit Presentation :smile:
    - Work until 5:30, or leave at 4:00 and help the kiddo set up her checking account. :smile: Set up bank account.
    - Meeting with school about NCAA student athlete information/requirements. Yup, it's time to look at colleges and the kid wants to row in college. I have no idea how to go about this. Hopefully this session will help. :smile: Holy hell this gets complicated.
    - Dinner within calories either before or after meeting. It may be a fast food or restaurant kind of dinner = stress. :/ Not bad, but a little over.
    - Do my Bible reading and gratitude journal. I kind of got out of the habit on vacation. :smile: Wahoo, back on track.
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile:

I feel pretty good about yesterday. I hit almost all of my goals and the one I missed I only missed by ~100 cal. We ended up at a Mexican restaurant for dinner and the tortilla chips flowed. Oh well. The meeting about college recruiting and promoting of athletes has me thinking I may have to hire someone to do it. I'll try my hand at it for a bit before shelling out the dough for the professional.

Today a small miracle occurred... I got up, got ready AND made it to work on time. It's really been a pretty slow day at work, but I've been busy researching schools. Ugh... it truly makes my head spin. I'm late posting, but here are my goals.

JFT Thursday
    - Get up, do hair & makeup AND make it to work before 8:00 :smiley:
    - Say goodbye to girls before they head to their first day of school. :smile: I totally can't believe my baby is in high school, but I looked at her this morning and she definitely isn't a child any longer.
    - Pack lunch & fruit
    - Protein bar and fruit for breakfast :smile:
    - Work a little on uncertainty budgets :smile:
    - Lunch with hubby: Spinach, Chicken & berries for lunch :smile:
    - Work until 5:00 or 5:30
    - GO FOR MY 2 mile run I've been avoiding.
    - Dinner at home with the family
    - Laundry
    - No alcohol
    - Dessert - I bought 100 cal Bryers Ice cream cups yesterday. Yea!
    - Bible & Gratitude Journal
    - Bed by 11:00
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    As promised..!
    t2pb8li8kwwx.jpg

Shes waving to you all!

OMG, she is a cutie patootie!!

@RaevsReality Been there!, best to move on and forgive yourself. At least that's what I try to do.

@Snowflake1968 Hope you get lots of organizing done and so glad you enjoyed the grands! They are so lucky to have you!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 15 August

Log accurately ;) I've given it my best guess as I've had 2 meals out
    Stay in the green ;) depends how good my guess work was but I think I am close - both my meals were salad based.
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

I took my parents out to a large garden for the day and we had a good time. The garden centre was selling spring bulbs and that was a wake up call that winter is approaching!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Left a day early and am on my way to my stepdad and mom’s now. Chicago traffic just sucks! Anyway, only goal today is to get to mom’s andhug them while I still can.

@Bex953172 Casey is an absolute precious doll! And her mama is awfully pretty too! Hugs!

I’ll check in as I can over these next days...

Peace and love. ♥️
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Joy of Chicago....
    vs93801c5beh.jpeg
    p0cekuc8k73w.jpeg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hello wonderful MFP friends. I may be MIA quite a bit but know that I come on here every few days and lurk! I thought we were doing a 5lb weight challenge? Anyway, for anyone still doing it, I am down 2lbs. 3 more to go and it's winner winner chicken dinner!!! Unless, of course I decide to eat that chicken dinner, complete with gravy, mashed taters, and fried okra!!!

Is anyone interested in participating in an online Bible Study with me? Please private message me if you are.

Here's the info:
    1) It's found on Bible.com
    2)It's free
    3)Totally Bible-centered and non-denominational
    4)It's a 14-day study
    5) It's a very short daily study (short, as in 5 minutes): A short devotional, one-two scriptures, and then an opportunity to write out and share your thoughts on what was just read
    6) We would be our own private group, be it 2 or more. Anything we shared would just stay within our group
    7) The devos are taken from The Daniel diet Plan. However, there is nothing about the Daniel Plan in the Bible Study. It's strictly encouragement and edification on our weight loss journey
    8) You do this on your time. For example, you complete it at 8 am. I get a notice that you made a comment. I do my study at 1130 am. I share my thoughts and then comment on yours as well. So it is ongoing throughout the day and you contribute any or none, as you have time and from as short as an "I agree with you!" to sharing a scripture that you've thought of to sharing a heartfelt experience. It's up to you.
    9) When you sign up to Bible.com (also called YouVersion) know that no one is going to knock on your door, send emails, etc. They will send a daily reminder of the study if you want them to. And notifications when someone contributes to the share portion (that, too, might be optional). I do get occasional "you've earned this badge for highlighting 10,000 verses or some such)
    10) Anyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian or someone who just wants some daily encouragement, or if you are wanting to read a bit of the Bible. This is a non-confrontational group.
    11) As can be ascertained, the entire Bible and the versions are on Bible.com.
    12) I've done at least 3, maybe four Bible.com Bible studies, with women from different denominations. I have found them to be very encouraging but not overwhelming in content or in length.

I will send this out two or three more times. Again, please private message me if you are interested. I will then invite you to join me in the Bible Study.
    I'm thinking we will start on Monday.

Peace and Joy!
    Keep moving!

Hi there!!! Glad to see you. I felt like you were lurking... I felt your presence😀
    Love you!!🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    As promised..!
    t2pb8li8kwwx.jpg

Shes waving to you all!

Hi baby!! 😇 🎈🎈🎈🎈
    She's beautiful..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    =======================================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 165.2 - 2.2 lb
    =======================================

JFT: Thu 15 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate 🌟474 cals remaining!
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga + 15 mins lower body circuits 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟 7️⃣5️⃣0️⃣6️⃣
    • Laundry 🌟 Folded/put away
    • Physio appointment @ hospital 🌟 Physio gave me new exercises to do for my knee
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Fri 16 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga + 15 mins lower body circuits
    • 6000+ steps
    • Laundry
    • Physio appointment @ hospital
    • 15+ mins declutter session
    • Work on crochet
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 183.8
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in JFT

JFT - Thursday Aug 15
    2L of water - close 1.5
    Log all food - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Friday August 16
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude journal

I’m too tired to comment tonight, I’m be read everything and am caught up though.

I need an early night tonight, I read too late last night.

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday August 16

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. The appointment with the surgeon went well yesterday and I have a provisional date in early December. The next couple of days will be mad busy prepping for my parents’ sapphire wedding anniversary dinner. I have not helped myself on that by accidentally getting some cake decorations and stuff delivered to school (my work) instead of home. It’s closed for summer holidays so I need to get hold of the caretaker and try and get in today, on top of everything else!

Thursday goals recap:
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - hang laundry ✅
    - pack snacks/ lunch ✅
    - leave by 11 ✅
    - buy kids’ lunch at train station ✅
    - get cash for taxi ❎ sis picked up 😊
    - appt at 2:30✅
    - bed by reasonable hour ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 5.6m
    - train at 9:23
    - home and defrost bolognese sauce
    - go to school and pick up parcels
    - make macarons
    - make cake
    - prep veg
    - shop for final groceries
    - decorate room and set table
    - laundry away
    - lay out gym kit
    - bed by 9:30

Have a good day all. X
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM run: try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: NRI grammar practice - Plural/possessive nouns lessons. Characterization work. Begin reading "Fan Club."
    4. Pit Crew: Something I wish people realized about me. [or] A - When grownups talk about "making good choices," what do they want you to do? B - Why do teenagers make bad choices if they know they're bad choices?!
    5. Class 2-3: Characterization work. Read "Fan Club."
    6. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 5 summer essays. Review lessons.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW.
    8. Leave for rehearsal by 7:45.
    9. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:25.

JFT Friday
    1. AM run: try for 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Grammar practice - Plural/possessive nouns. Finish reading "Fan Club." Identify plot structure.
    4. Pit Crew: Discuss why people make bad choices or don't make good choices. Importance of connection
    5. Class 2-3: Notes: Literary terms. Read "Marriage Is a Private Affair." Grammar practice - possessives. Homework for Monday: Read Week 1 discussion posts and comment on at least two.
    6. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades (Student surveys). D - Grade 5 summer essays. Review lessons and update for Monday.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW.
    8. Leave for rehearsal by 6:30.
    9. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?) Duty 9/16 and 9/23. Sat 8/24 check in at LW for October. Movie Saturday. Lunch with parents Monday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Made it to Friday. WHEW!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Jft 8/15 Recap

30 minutes exercise :)
    Stretching/yoga :(
    lots of water :)
    no alcohol :(
    journal :)
    laundry :(

A mostly failure of the day day. Went way over in calories to boot. Onward, and hoping for a much better day today.

JFT 8/16

Stay within calories
    no alcohol
    lots of water
    30 minutes exercise
    journal
    de clutter
    QT time with my son

No time this morning but needed to set my intentions. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Thursday
    - Get up, do hair & makeup AND make it to work before 8:00 :smiley:
    - Say goodbye to girls before they head to their first day of school. :smile: I totally can't believe my baby is in high school, but I looked at her this morning and she definitely isn't a child any longer.
    - Pack lunch & fruit
    - Protein bar and fruit for breakfast :smile:
    - Work a little on uncertainty budgets :smile:
    - Lunch with hubby: Spinach, Chicken & berries for lunch :smile:
    - Work until 5:00 or 5:30 :smile: 5:30
    - GO FOR MY 2 mile run I've been avoiding. >:) Nope
    - Dinner at home with the family :/ We had dinner at home, but it was take out wings
    - Laundry :(
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Dessert - I bought 100 cal Bryers Ice cream cups yesterday. Yea! :( but :smile:
    - Bible & Gratitude Journal :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile:

I did well the first part of the day yesterday, but when dinner got pushed back, I got out of control and binged. Of course no one saw that so I also ate the unhealthy dinner, wings & cheese curds. Now to go against my instinct and not let that derail me. Today I started off giving in and having a piece of chocolate, but then I decided to make a stand.

I also didn't run yesterday. I think I'm afraid if I didn't make the distance that I would be shattered. I have not yet completed the distance without walking which is sad because it's only 2 miles. That being said, I think I stopped because of mental reasons rather than physical reasons. I also tend to try to run faster than my body is ready for because that is what feels natural to me from my past. Finding a new pace/stride is tough when running solo.

The race is tomorrow and I'm running with my niece who typically runs a slower pace than I do and that should help. Unless she is pumped with adrenaline and finds another gear. Then I may be in trouble. Currently, I'm thinking that my stubbornness will carry me past the desire to stop. There is that, then there is pride. This is a big race in our town, it is associated with the Half Marathon National Championship and Homecoming. I swear half of the town and 2/3 of the people I know will be there. I have multiple trophies for the 2 mile race I'll be running tomorrow with my best time being 15:02. Tomorrow I'm thinking we'll finish in 22-24 minutes based on Shannon's pace. I can deal with that because I have an excuse, I'm running with her. If I can't keep up with her, I'll be incredibly embarrassed. I told her if she wants to run faster than me to just follow the crowd and her mom will be at the finish line. I hope she will do that if needed.

Although I didn't run this week, I have run for the past 4 weeks, even at the beach. I briefly considered not finishing if she dropped me, but decided that sets an awful example. I suppose I just need to run with blinders on and not worry about how I look, how slow I'm running or generally what others are thinking. After all, if the shoe was on the other foot and I was watching a friend who is clearly not in the shape they used to be in run, I'd be proud of them for getting back up and starting again. That is probably what I should take from this.

My husband and oldest daughter (16) are both running the half. He is struggling with the same issues of pride as he's coming back from injury and just isn't back up to speed. This will be the 22nd time he's run the half.

Oh yes, goals

JFT Friday

- Up, ready, on time for work :smile:
    - Normal Breakfast :smile:
    - 2 bottles of water before soda :smile:
    - Stay awake during a 3 hour quality meeting
    - Lunch
    - Train QA Laboratorian
    - Start VDA and hope to finish by 5:00
    - Lite dinner
    - Bible/Grat Journal
    - Layout race clothes
    - Bed by 10:00

Positive thought: Our mind can be our best friend or our worst enemy. It's our choice.

• FindingFrita
    FindingFrita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1st day back on the weight loss train...all aboard!!! I’m from Jersey have 50lbs to let go of, over 40! 🙋🏻‍♀️

SW:215.6
    1st Goal 5%: 204.8
    GW: 161.6
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    My arm is sooo much better after a day of rest & anti-inflammatory. Glad I didn't try to "power through." Since today is Friday, I'm wearing jeans at work... they're feeling a bit snug around hips & waist. Good reminder that I have been gaining weight instead losing (or even maintaining), so keep logging G/B/U (good/bad/ugly).

Recap R 8/15 ~ Last night I did something stupid and strained a muscle in my upper right arm. Decided rest was best, and skipped my planned weights/circuit session this morning. Couldn't walk dog our usual distance because she had to fast for her dental appt. today. So now I'm trying to eat up produce & leftovers without a workout = sad me. I love my exercise/activity calories.
    1) 2 loads laundry on clothesline & dog to vet before work :smile:
    2) Observation at last location :smile: / mileage log :smile: / O/I s/s :smile: / summary pages :neutral: in process / request surveillance DVDs :smile:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,057 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 27 floors :smiley: happy w/ no dog walk
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals -200 / 14c water = Adjusted slightly to keep to plan & satisfied for day. Net cals -234 :| , sodium -904 :s , sugar -20 (freggies), fiber so close, protein excellent, 14c water
    5) Pick up dog 4:30-5:00 :smile: / GBBG 6:00? decided to stay home & keep eye on doggy / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / plan/make donations no time / reschedule hair appt. :# less than hour later, my work trip was canceled due to budget / fold laundry (remember socks/undies in dryer) & take upstairs :smile: / make cuke salad :smile: happy hubby <3 / register for Run for the Hill of It 5K no time / other? :smile: boiled hummingbird syrup, refilled all feeders, rinsed & refilled bird baths, kitchen compost bucket out to bin, decluttered a few papers
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smile: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set 5:40 alarm :smile: (walk dog F before work) / bed & tv off 10:20 :smile:

JFT F 8/16
    1) Walked dog 3.26 mi 57:27 before work & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / no snacks after supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Complete summaries for O/I / revise APG as needed / usual status updates for F
    5) Register for Run for the Hill of It 5K / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / plan/make donations / declutter 1 small thing / other?
    6) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / set 7:00 alarm (farmers market) / bed & tv off 10:30
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    2nd reminder! We will start on Monday or Tuesday.

Is anyone interested in participating in an online Bible Study with me? These are short but encouraging studies. Please private message me if you are.

Here's the info:
    1) It's found on Bible.com
    2)It's free
    3)Totally Bible-centered and non-denominational
    4)It's a 14-day study
    5) It's a very short daily study (short, as in 5 minutes): A short devotional, one-two scriptures, and then an opportunity to write out and share your thoughts on what was just read
    6) We would be our own private group, be it 2 or more. Anything we shared would just stay within our group
    7) The devos are taken from The Daniel diet Plan. However, there is nothing about the Daniel Plan in the Bible Study. It's strictly encouragement and edification on our weight loss journey
    8) You do this on your time. For example, you complete it at 8 am. I get a notice that you made a comment. I do my study at 1130 am. I share my thoughts and then comment on yours as well. So it is ongoing throughout the day and you contribute any or none, as you have time and from as short as an "I agree with you!" to sharing a scripture that you've thought of to sharing a heartfelt experience. It's up to you.
    9) When you sign up to Bible.com (also called YouVersion) know that no one is going to knock on your door, send emails, etc. They will send a daily reminder of the study if you want them to. And notifications when someone contributes to the share portion (that, too, might be optional). I do get occasional "you've earned this badge for highlighting 10,000 verses or some such)
    10) Anyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian or someone who just wants some daily encouragement, or if you are wanting to read a bit of the Bible. This is a non-confrontational group.
    11) As can be ascertained, the entire Bible and the versions are on Bible.com.
    12) I've done at least 3, maybe four Bible.com Bible studies, with women from different denominations. I have found them to be very encouraging but not overwhelming in content or in length.

I will send this out two or three more times. Again, please private message me if you are interested. I will then invite you to join me in the Bible Study.
    I'm thinking we will start on Monday.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday August 16

Log accurately >:) impromptu evening meal at my neighbours left me guessing again
    Stay in the green >:) not in my wildest dreams!
    5 fruit and veg >:) I had planned a meal that would have met the goal but ate with my neighbours ......
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

I have lovely neighbours and I can deal with today's derailment of my good intentions. I hope I can remember that when I step on the scales tomorrow!