What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.
    Retinoids and filters 😆

ETA: i mean, that’s one way

I take retinoids for acne. Hasn't done much for my massive forehead creases. The filters I can grant you. Still, kinda depressing.

Ive seen your selfies. I didn’t notice creases. But I guess we’re all self-conscious about our own perceived flaws.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.

I have very overactive muscles in my forehead and my deep creases were all i ever noticed either. I was doing some laser treatments on some hyperpigmentation on my face a few years ago and i asked if there was anything they could do about it. They suggested botox. At first i was like uhh nope, i don’t want to look permanently frozen, but they explained the process way more in depth so i tried it. Two years later I’m still getting it done 🤦🏼‍♀️

Probably seems vain i guess. It was such a constant thing on my mind that i was just relieved there was something i could try. The first few times i had some lowering of my brows and almost quit doing it but they said they just needed to tweak where they injected it. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that i can still retain lots of movement in my face. My kids still definitely know when im giving them a mom scowl. And my face doesn’t feel frozen or numb or anything.

Side bonus: it makes my tension headaches so much better. I used to massage my forehead all the time because it was constantly aching. Technically i could probably see a dr about it so i could get botox covered by my insurance but I’m too embarrassed and/or lazy to go to that level of work. It costs me a little more (but not much more) than what i used to spend on the bazillions of creams I bought to try to fix it before but at least botox is actually effective🤷🏼‍♀️😁
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I have very overactive muscles in my forehead and my deep creases were all i ever noticed either. I was doing some laser treatments on some hyperpigmentation on my face a few years ago and i asked if there was anything they could do about it. They suggested botox. At first i was like uhh nope, i don’t want to look permanently frozen, but they explained the process way more in depth so i tried it. Two years later I’m still getting it done 🤦🏼‍♀️

Probably seems vain i guess. It was such a constant thing on my mind that i was just relieved there was something i could try. The first few times i had some lowering of my brows and almost quit doing it but they said they just needed to tweak where they injected it. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that i can still retain lots of movement in my face. My kids still definitely know when im giving them a mom scowl. And my face doesn’t feel frozen or numb or anything.

Side bonus: it makes my tension headaches so much better. I used to massage my forehead all the time because it was constantly aching. Technically i could probably see a dr about it so i could get botox covered by my insurance but I’m too embarrassed and/or lazy to go to that level of work. It costs me a little more (but not much more) than what i used to spend on the bazillions of creams I bought to try to fix it before but at least botox is actually effective🤷🏼‍♀️😁

Now i want this
  • caco_ethes
    edited August 2019
    Options

Now i want this

You spelled me too wrong 😆

Edit: omg! This is a reference to your comment about not wanting to always say ‘me too’ to my posts, not a beachy way of insinuating that you have it done, i hope that’s clear 😅😅

Also I highly recommend it even as a preventative measure! Preventing damage is always more effective than repairing it
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Now i want this

Edit: omg! This is a reference to your comment about not wanting to always say ‘me too’ to my posts, not a beachy way of insinuating that you have it done, i hope that’s clear 😅😅

Also I highly recommend it even as a preventative measure! Preventing damage is always more effective than repairing it

Calm the *kitten* down. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣. I get the reference ❤️
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I got accepted so I'm a mix of "Awesome" and "oh crap"
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Now i want this

Someone else reading it might not be so understanding 😌
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Now i want this

You ARE empathetic. 🤗
  • caco_ethes
    edited August 2019
    Options

Now i want this

I was just drafting a harshly worded and vaguely threatening PM for picking on my gf

To your senator? 😲 or

Edit: oh to me? Whatcha sending me a love note for? 🥰
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Now i want this

I was just drafting a harshly worded and vaguely threatening PM for picking on my gf

DIS ME!
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I got accepted so I'm a mix of "Awesome" and "oh crap"

I don’t know what this means so this is me asking what this means
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    I am going to stop posting between sets because what I mean as a little silliness is coming off short. Sorry folks. Please accept my apology
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Now i want this

You ARE empathetic. 🤗

DONT JUDGE ME
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options

Now i want this

You ARE empathetic. 🤗

DONT JUDGE ME

you're guilty
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I am going to stop posting between sets because what I mean as a little silliness is coming off short. Sorry folks. Please accept my apology

Who is it coming off short to?? Some of us are limited in how frequently we can post, like to the tune of one reply every 150 seconds 😌

(Not airing grievances, just explaining my slow responses 😬)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I have a vertical line/crease between my eyebrows, but closer to one side, where I make my RBF

I think I have resting old lady face instead. :wink:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Retinoids and filters 😆

ETA: i mean, that’s one way

I take retinoids for acne. Hasn't done much for my massive forehead creases. The filters I can grant you. Still, kinda depressing.

Ive seen your selfies. I didn’t notice creases. But I guess we’re all self-conscious about our own perceived flaws.

That makes me feel slightly better than other people may not see them. I mean, they were so noticeable in the last selfie that I was like "daaaaaaaaaaym." It was startling cause I kinda gloss over and forget half the time what I look like.

Nah, you do you. Is that why my creases have always been dominant since I was a teenager? Muscles? Really? I might have to keep botox in mind as I get massive migraines. I just got done with a month long bout of waking up with them every morning. :(
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I’m going to Hawaii in January and i already know what I’m packing 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Mtnbikn
    Mtnbikn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What does this red button do?