What's on your mind?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.
    Retinoids and filters 😆

ETA: i mean, that’s one way

I take retinoids for acne. Hasn't done much for my massive forehead creases. The filters I can grant you. Still, kinda depressing.

Ive seen your selfies. I didn’t notice creases. But I guess we’re all self-conscious about our own perceived flaws.

That makes me feel slightly better than other people may not see them. I mean, they were so noticeable in the last selfie that I was like "daaaaaaaaaaym." It was startling cause I kinda gloss over and forget half the time what I look like.
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.

I have very overactive muscles in my forehead and my deep creases were all i ever noticed either. I was doing some laser treatments on some hyperpigmentation on my face a few years ago and i asked if there was anything they could do about it. They suggested botox. At first i was like uhh nope, i don’t want to look permanently frozen, but they explained the process way more in depth so i tried it. Two years later I’m still getting it done 🤦🏼‍♀️

Probably seems vain i guess. It was such a constant thing on my mind that i was just relieved there was something i could try. The first few times i had some lowering of my brows and almost quit doing it but they said they just needed to tweak where they injected it. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that i can still retain lots of movement in my face. My kids still definitely know when im giving them a mom scowl. And my face doesn’t feel frozen or numb or anything.

Side bonus: it makes my tension headaches so much better. I used to massage my forehead all the time because it was constantly aching. Technically i could probably see a dr about it so i could get botox covered by my insurance but I’m too embarrassed and/or lazy to go to that level of work. It costs me a little more (but not much more) than what i used to spend on the bazillions of creams I bought to try to fix it before but at least botox is actually effective🤷🏼‍♀️😁

Nah, you do you. Is that why my creases have always been dominant since I was a teenager? Muscles? Really? I might have to keep botox in mind as I get massive migraines. I just got done with a month long bout of waking up with them every morning. :(

If you have headaches it’s definitely worth looking into medically. I’m not sure if they do it differently when it’s medical but I’m pretty sure its still in the forehead so I’m guessing there’s still the cosmetic benefit. But yes, overactive muscles are generally the culprit!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    dak205 wrote: »
    What does this red button do?

Press it and let us know :D
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I am going to stop posting between sets because what I mean as a little silliness is coming off short. Sorry folks. Please accept my apology

Get back here
  • slimgirljo15
    Jomotive wrote: »
    My boyfriend of 2 and a half years cheated on me with a girl I found out about via text. When I confronted him about it, he said everything was true. Then he went to another state on a mission to sleep with her again almost immediately afterwards :) Good week so far! 10/10

I'm sorry that happened to you.. totally sucks 😔
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    My boyfriend of 2 and a half years cheated on me with a girl I found out about via text. When I confronted him about it, he said everything was true. Then he went to another state on a mission to sleep with her again almost immediately afterwards :) Good week so far! 10/10

Oh wow! Do you have an open relationship clause you'd forgotten about? Now that you know, and he has punctuated his dalliances again, are you moving on?
  • Jomotive
    Jomotive Posts: 16 Member

Oh wow! Do you have an open relationship clause you'd forgot about? Now that you know, and he has punctuated his dalliances again, are you moving on?

We've broken up, but we live in the same house. This the most painful week of my life.
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    I think I have swimmers ear.
    🤷‍♀️
  • Teenybudda
    edited August 2019
    Sorry to hear that @Jomotive
    What a prick.
  • Mtnbikn
    Mtnbikn Posts: 428 Member

Did you hear that?
  • 777Gemma888
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    🤷‍♀️

Hack I have used for years.

1:1 parts rubbing alcohol & vinegar. Use an eye dropper. About 1tsp per ear.
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    🤷‍♀️

Hack I have used for years.

1:1 parts rubbing alcohol & vinegar. Use an eye dropper. About 1tsp per ear.

Nice! Thanks! 😊
  • 777Gemma888

Oh wow! Do you have an open relationship clause you'd forgot about? Now that you know, and he has punctuated his dalliances again, are you moving on?

We've broken up, but we live in the same house. This the most painful week of my life.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this at all. Guess he will likely be fast tracking his exit from your shared abode? Or will that be your opt out ?
  • 777Gemma888
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I should really stay home, and catch up on my chores, but the river is calling my name. 🚣‍♀️

Chanting ... River! River! River!

I went out kayaking. 🚣‍♀️ Then my Mom, and I floated around the pool chattIng. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon. ♡

Win!🙌 Priceless🍹 I can see why you miss your son who lives in another State. Family time is previous.
  • slimgirljo15

Did you hear that?

I did.. sounds like the same sound when you make me pull your finger 😂🤣
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I got accepted so I'm a mix of "Awesome" and "oh crap"

I don’t know what this means so this is me asking what this means

Writers workshop with limited spots. Had to submit a writing sample n all that—mostly excited? But I’m gonna need a “piece” to submit soon and I honestly hadn’t planned that far ahead so that’s the “crap” part
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member

Pack up your life and move forward physically and mentally. Some men are just not good humans.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Why is everyone asleep

I saw your doppelganger out and about the other day!

Did you say hello??