The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• renydog37
    renydog37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went up to Madison to see him compete and yeah it was awesome seeing someone you know compete at that level!!!! I'm typically at the 6:30 class
  • renydog37
    renydog37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    renydog37 wrote: »
    Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Hey young pup.. ( Im 2 years older) 😁 we started at the same time.

Well, I definitely have the flu, I've slept most of the day.. some chicken soup would be appreciated.. please 🤧😙
    Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Well, I definitely have the flu, I've slept most of the day.. some chicken soup would be appreciated.. please 🤧😙
    Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Hi, 43 from Wisconsin
    Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Well I better get cooking!! 🤗

Got a little carried away with the quoting eh? 😁

Still waiting on that soup 😁
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Hi, 43 from Wisconsin

Oh no. I hope you feel better quickly. 🤗

Thanks Jenni🤗... I'm feeling a bit better, just regular flu

They awesome pics @mtaratoot .. like postcards

I accidentally hit the quote too many times
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all! I spent the weekend scuba diving. We were staying at Fort Bovisand in Plymouth, a former military base which has fallen into disrepair. You can see the diveboat against the harbour walls.

The only downside was that the neck seal on my new drysuit was too big, so I leaked every dive. But the sun shone, the sea was flat and warm (about 16 Centigrade), so it was a minor inconvenience.

What a drag! You'll have to have it replaced or be wet for the next year or two until it gets old and has to be replaced anyway. I got a neck seal replaced once that was too big. Felt great in the shop before it was installed. Sealed fine for a couple dives, but then every time I'd turn my neck, there would be bubbles and dampness. I had to significantly cut down the seal on my newest suit; it was tiny. I just replaced that one a few months ago, and the one I got is close to perfect. It could be just a hair smaller, but it seals pretty good. My problem is when it gives me a sore from friction. I found a solution for that too.

Glad you had good dives!

• Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good morning gang. Hope everyone is well. Got my jog in this morning. Always fun when it is already in the 80's, and humid, at 4AM. Now let's see if i can be productive at work. Have a good morning!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I went up to Madison to see him compete and yeah it was awesome seeing someone you know compete at that level!!!! I'm typically at the 6:30 class
    I know a few others that train there too, Kasi and Mariana, and of course Andy and Danny.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday!!!! Physio day. I used to like physio cause it gave me some relief but now it just hurts a few minutes later so whatever.

Anyone want cake? I wanna make one

Now for your words of motivation ....make tomorrow's yesterday amazing
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's Tuesday!!!! Physio day. I used to like physio cause it gave me some relief but now it just hurts a few minutes later so whatever.

Anyone want cake? I wanna make one

Now for your words of motivation ....make tomorrow's yesterday amazing

Cake...I'm in?

Did you have surgery yet?

No. Should be October. The drs office is closed for vacation right now so I have to wait to organize it. This is just the physio to help it as much as we can. I find lately it doesn't help it much

I saw a recipe for a chocolate cake and now I want to make it. The power of suggestion
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Morning all! I spent the weekend scuba diving. We were staying at Fort Bovisand in Plymouth, a former military base which has fallen into disrepair. You can see the diveboat against the harbour walls.

The only downside was that the neck seal on my new drysuit was too big, so I leaked every dive. But the sun shone, the sea was flat and warm (about 16 Centigrade), so it was a minor inconvenience.

What a drag! You'll have to have it replaced or be wet for the next year or two until it gets old and has to be replaced anyway. I got a neck seal replaced once that was too big. Felt great in the shop before it was installed. Sealed fine for a couple dives, but then every time I'd turn my neck, there would be bubbles and dampness. I had to significantly cut down the seal on my newest suit; it was tiny. I just replaced that one a few months ago, and the one I got is close to perfect. It could be just a hair smaller, but it seals pretty good. My problem is when it gives me a sore from friction. I found a solution for that too.

Glad you had good dives!

They will replace it for free if needed, although there is a 10 day turnaround on that. I'll give it one more go, as it may have been user error. The seal gets wider, which means if you double it back on itself too much it may be too wide. So I will try doubling back less. If that fails, I'll send it back.

It was a damn nice suit other than that. I ended up taking 2 kilos off my weight belt. I'm down to 6 kilos for sea diving with a single, which isn't that much.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Kayaking....yesss! You speak my language. Sounds like a great trip![/quote]

It's a great way to burn calories while enjoying what Mother Nature has given us....
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!
    Back at the gym after a four-day break.
    ve0bxf3u0nva.jpg
    c4eax5xoalnl.jpg

That saying is so fitting for me today!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    They will replace it for free if needed, although there is a 10 day turnaround on that. I'll give it one more go, as it may have been user error. The seal gets wider, which means if you double it back on itself too much it may be too wide. So I will try doubling back less. If that fails, I'll send it back.

It was a damn nice suit other than that. I ended up taking 2 kilos off my weight belt. I'm down to 6 kilos for sea diving with a single, which isn't that much.

Neoprene gaskets. Yeah; you gotta roll 'em just right. I've always used latex. You still have to make sure they aren't rolled. Might be easier because they don't require an inward roll to be waterproof. Could be user error? This should get added to the Buddy Checklist. Agree -- give it one or six more dives first to assess. Get on it!

• pro31wahine
    pro31wahine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BW__NOT wrote: »
    Took an awesome kayak trip down the Delaware River yesterday and saw some Bald Eagles and Falcons along the way!

fbfc7d39m2hb.png

How long did your kayaking journey take? Looked like a gorgeous day for it👍
  • pro31wahine
    pro31wahine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wanna find outdoor activities in the Springfield, VA area...

Any suggestions?
  • MarioPahlke
    MarioPahlke Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A 41 young man from Germany, but living in Denmark... feel free to add

Looks like a funny group. How does it live in the 40s?
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Had to skip the gym this morning because of some work stuff, but I did manage to get a quick run with the dogs in, interspersed with push-ups. I’ll take it. Have a great day!
  • sjerseygirlm76
    sjerseygirlm76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I dont feel middle age, but I guess technically I am
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good mornin' all! I might be feeling my 40ish years this morning.