The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• cherberube
    cherberube Posts: 10 Member
    Hello! Turned 50 6months ago. So far lost 30 lbs or so. I'm new to this group, so .. HI!
  • JoMurray28
    JoMurray28 Posts: 12 Member
    well I turn 36 on Sunday which officially makes me closer to 40 than 30. Please feel free to add me, I need the kick up the as* that having friends on her gives. :-)
  • Natasha201643
    Natasha201643 Posts: 7 Member
    HELLO! I am 45 years old i have lost 27 pounds so far and have 10 more to go to reach my weightloss, I may not be there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday.! I hope to be inspire and inspire others! New to this group and hope we can all encourage each other!
  • Natasha201643
    Natasha201643 Posts: 7 Member
    @amyjsparkles same here! Not to mention everyone starts baking during October-December!!!!!!! Just repeat is is not a craving its a decision. Decide to do right!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Good morning! I had a very nice compliment from my daughter today. She mentioned that she can see the effect of my weight loss. She says I'm looking much slimmer. Since I've only lost 5 pounds so far, I'm not sure what she's seeing but I'll take a compliment from her everyday if I can. Certainly a nice way to start my Friday.

Have a great weekend. Do something fun and healthy!

Good job and compliments are always great!
  • eisaachsen
    eisaachsen Posts: 1 Member
    50-ish here (well a little more than 50-ish; just turned 57). 10 days in and I have lost 5 pounds. Started at 155; goal 130. Hoping to be close to my goal for the New Year!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Friday my friends. We made it!!!
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    It's Friday!! finish strong and play hard my peeps B)
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    @amyjsparkles same here! Not to mention everyone starts baking during October-December!!!!!!! Just repeat is is not a craving its a decision. Decide to do right!

I know!! Tis the season, ha ha. I just have to stay strong!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    So I'm a bit disappointed. I'm was hoping to find an inexpensive pair of snow shoes to try snow shoe hiking this winter. I don't want to spend a lot because I probably would only get 1 or 2 hikes during the winter and don't know if I'd like it yet.

After doing some research, I find I'm too heavy for most of them and the ones that would support my weight are very expensive. So I'll put this off until next year or until I meet the weight limit, whichever comes first.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So I'm a bit disappointed. I'm was hoping to find an inexpensive pair of snow shoes to try snow shoe hiking this winter. I don't want to spend a lot because I probably would only get 1 or 2 hikes during the winter and don't know if I'd like it yet.

After doing some research, I find I'm too heavy for most of them and the ones that would support my weight are very expensive. So I'll put this off until next year or until I meet the weight limit, whichever comes first.

Well that's annoying. Could you maybe find some used ones?
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Getting closer to my 60's everyday. 58 year old trapped in a 38 year old overweight body. Always happy to make new friends :) Please feel free to add me.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Well that's annoying. Could you maybe find some used ones?

I’ll look but it’s more the I’m still too heavy for them. The strongest go to 250 and I’m 248.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Aww that is a bit disappointing. I had no idea there was a weight limit.. but the good thing is you have a goal to work towards, Ive no doubt you'll smash it.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Aww that is a bit disappointing. I had no idea there was a weight limit.. but the good thing is you have a goal to work towards, Ive no doubt you'll smash it.

Thanks Jo. I appreciate the vote of confidence.
  • BlackNuclearDad
    BlackNuclearDad Posts: 56 Member
    Hello all, I'm Khalyl. By the grace of God I'm 47. Trying to stay healthy(physically, emotionally and spiritually) and active. Feel free to add me
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member

I hope you can find some too, that does sound disappointing!
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Hello fellow middle- is- the- best -part -agers😘

I'm really late to this Friday party with you all, but it's been a madhouse here in Ali's world, lol .

We have relatives visiting from out of state and country for a wake and funeral of a loved one lost too soon.
    And it's been a rough week anyway but add 4 more people to a house of 5 and you have chaos 😵

But it is hilarious to watch my son, who is a big guy, handsome, and sweet and also autistic, get up at the crack of dawn, grab his iPad and start dancing in our open concept kitchen to anything from OZZYS crazy train, to some theme song like sponge Bob ..whatever it is,.he'll play it all morning long til everything is up
    LOL. Needless to say we won't have anyone staying with us again any time soon!🤣 Whoohoo!

Enjoy your weekend if I don't get a chance to stop by...big group hug?!((((👫👭👬👫👭👬👫👭))))💞
  • FitnTrimSteve

I hope you can find some too, that does sound disappointing!

Thanks Amy. I’m probably going to wait until I reach 240 or 235. I figure I need to consider the weight of boots and winter clothing in that 250 limit. I’ll get that before the heavy snows. Then I just need to find an inexpensive set. Used sounds like a good option.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Hello fellow middle- is- the- best -part -agers😘

I'm really late to this Friday party with you all, but it's been a madhouse here in Ali's world, lol .

We have relatives visiting from out of state and country for a wake and funeral of a loved one lost too soon.
    And it's been a rough week anyway but add 4 more people to a house of 5 and you have chaos 😵

But it is hilarious to watch my son, who is a big guy, handsome, and sweet and also autistic, get up at the crack of dawn, grab his iPad and start dancing in our open concept kitchen to anything from OZZYS crazy train, to some theme song like sponge Bob ..whatever it is,.he'll play it all morning long til everything is up
    LOL. Needless to say we won't have anyone staying with us again any time soon!🤣 Whoohoo!

Enjoy your weekend if I don't get a chance to stop by...big group hug?!((((👫👭👬👫👭👬👫👭))))💞

I’m sorry for your loss. Good to have family around. Take care of yourself while you are playing hostess.