The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hello and goodnight friends...I just stopped by to send hugs to those who need them and say I'm so happy today is over... houseguests are leaving tomorrow. And brother in law and new wife will be here Halloween for two days so yeah! I get to entertain again😒. Lol nah it'll be fun. Hey thanks so much for the well wishes too, to they meant the world to me!!!😍. Sweet dreams big day tomorrow getting everyone fed on their way lol...hope your Tuesday is terrific!😎😘 🎉. PS..woo Sox!!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hello and goodnight friends...I just stopped by to send hugs to those who need them and say I'm so happy today is over... houseguests are leaving tomorrow. And brother in law and new wife will be here Halloween for two days so yeah! I get to entertain again😒. Lol nah it'll be fun. Hey thanks so much for the well wishes too, to they meant the world to me!!!😍. Sweet dreams big day tomorrow getting everyone fed on their way lol...hope your Tuesday is terrific!😎😘 🎉. PS..woo Sox!!!

You sound like a busy woman. Hope you still have time for your workouts.

Please enjoy your week. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Hope you're good Ali. Busy busy busy the best way to be. Keeps the twins out of trouble
  • DonnaKelly79
    DonnaKelly79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 this June, 40 is the new 20, right?! However, my plan is to tell people that I am 50 so they'll think I look even better ;) lol I am back to MFP again because I downloaded it 4 years ago then apparently abandoned it and gained SEVENTY pounds, geez louise. I have lost 20lbs of this so far since logging on and making the commitment about 40 days ago and things are going amazingly well. Best of luck to everyone out there!!! :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    So I'm a bit disappointed. I'm was hoping to find an inexpensive pair of snow shoes to try snow shoe hiking this winter. I don't want to spend a lot because I probably would only get 1 or 2 hikes during the winter and don't know if I'd like it yet.

After doing some research, I find I'm too heavy for most of them and the ones that would support my weight are very expensive. So I'll put this off until next year or until I meet the weight limit, whichever comes first.

I hope you can find some too, that does sound disappointing!

Thanks Amy. I’m probably going to wait until I reach 240 or 235. I figure I need to consider the weight of boots and winter clothing in that 250 limit. I’ll get that before the heavy snows. Then I just need to find an inexpensive set. Used sounds like a good option.

You can find them out there. I have a pair of 10"x36" off-brand GV snowshoes that I bought from a regional seller. I think I paid about $70USD new for them about six years ago and have only used them a handful of times since the snow hasn't been all that bad. But, I'm considering upgrading one of these days to a much better pair since I enjoy it and go into places that I need more float.
    The downside to being heavy with snowshoes is most companies don't make them, and the ones that do have to charge a lot due to structural reasons.
    If all you're doing is looking to try it out, I'd recommend finding a place you can rent them from. Can your local county or municipality park and recreations department to find out more. Not every place will rent them. But, they might have a recommendation on where.

I never thought of renting a pair. That would be ideal. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look for a local rentals place.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

I know you’re a Red Sox fan too. So enjoy this I got off Instagram. u0v0upmy1kfw.png
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Set up this account forever-ago but just finally decided I'm actually gonna use it. 36 years old here.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! 👋
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    I spent 2 weeks not catching my wife's cold. Last night my luck ran out. I feel like my head got run over by a Mack truck. :unamused: So here I am sitting at work with a box of tissues, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and tea. Any suggestions for getting rid of cold?
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Steve, I think that the only answer for you is time.
  • Ryry_78
    Ryry_78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    40 year old here newbie , not sure how to send a friend request lol, please ad me
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Sorry, Steve, I think that the only answer for you is time.

That's what I think too. I was just trying to be an optimist.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    So I'm a bit disappointed. I'm was hoping to find an inexpensive pair of snow shoes to try snow shoe hiking this winter. I don't want to spend a lot because I probably would only get 1 or 2 hikes during the winter and don't know if I'd like it yet.

After doing some research, I find I'm too heavy for most of them and the ones that would support my weight are very expensive. So I'll put this off until next year or until I meet the weight limit, whichever comes first.

Check around the ski shops and sporting goods stores. We can rent snowshoes and skis and other gear at the local ski area. A great way to try out snowshoes without spending beaucoup dollars. They have gear for everyone from children to large adults.
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    [quote=Any suggestions for getting rid of cold?[/quote] But more importantly... why are you at work while you're sick?!!?!
    I use this...
    rrl1n6n59pwf.png

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You can be middle aged at 11 if you are going to live to be 22.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    joha5603 wrote: »
    [quote=Any suggestions for getting rid of cold?
    But more importantly... why are you at work while you're sick?!!?!
    I use this...
    rrl1n6n59pwf.png

[/quote]

Thanks. The average cold for me lasts about 10 days. I don’t have that much sick time. I’m using plenty of soap and water and I’m not around a lot of people during the day. If it was worse then a cold I’d stay out.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

Check around the ski shops and sporting goods stores. We can rent snowshoes and skis and other gear at the local ski area. A great way to try out snowshoes without spending beaucoup dollars. They have gear for everyone from children to large adults.

I appreciate the suggestion. I’m going to call a ski shop I’ve done business with in the past and see what they can offer.
  • SPR86
    SPR86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    32 here and starting again.
    Need support this time, feel free to add
  • Cattlei
    Cattlei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A few months from 40 here. Hello! ;)
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning M'agers and Happy Halloween! Don't scare the kids too much tonight.
    Red Sox parade today followed by walking around Boston. 10K step, here I come!