The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    HI all hope you are all enjoy your Friday jr.
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    lubeh76 wrote: »
    Hi everyone i started my new regime 5 days ago, i am doing a low carb diet and eating once a day , I was kinda too embarrassed to talk on the forums as i have alot of weight to lose, i am currently 140kg (22 stone .. embarrassing) i am trying to get myself to atleast 12 stone so as you can see i have alot to go, my weight problem started when i was a child, i was sexually assaulted by an uncle, and to make it stop i decided to make myself "ugly" i decided to make myself fat (how my child mind saw things), it worked but also stopped me from relationships etc, so i am hoping to turn my life around. i am 42 years old i think its about time i tried to sort myself and put the past behind me.

I'm sorry you went through this. I am also a victim of childhood sexual assault. And I did the same, where I would eat food as a comfort and also to make myself unattractive. I just wanted to say that my heart really goes out to you. I have so far lost over 100 pounds and have 120 to go. Do not be embarrassed by having so much weight, I am in therapy and he says it was a coping mechanism and that's how you got through the trauma and you should be thankful to that part of you for protecting you in that way. Above all, stay positive and it will get SO much better. I hope that you are able to get some therapy as well, it does wonders. I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and you can do this! Just hang in there! <3 Much love to you. Hugs! x
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! So glad it's one day closer to Friday. Though I'm craving candy all day. >.>
  • lubeh76
    lubeh76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for you kind words , i am hoping this is the start of my new life and new me so your support means alot, once again Thankyou :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    By getting my eating under control and exercising with a plan and sticking to both hard, I have managed to lose nearly 8 pounds in 2 weeks.

Wow.. great loss
  • laradeann1977
    laradeann1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Lara Grubb I am 41 years old. I hurt my knee on Sept and my orthopedic doctor told me I needed to lose weight or be dead in 5 years. According to when I started better care of myself. I have lost 29 pounds in 6 weeks and that's just changing my diet and doing my physical therapy for my knee. Feel free to add me. Not for sure exactly how this app works yet
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday peeps, can almost touch the weekend. Get those last workouts in!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a good Friday people!

My workout is done and dusted, ready to take on the day.
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    slept in this morning.. hope to get a Friday workout in today at some point, after all... work hard play hard my peeps... enjoy the weekend will be nice here in TX

no excuses - only solutions B)
  • IsKingaskinnyyet
    IsKingaskinnyyet Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Spirit of 21, I'm feeling like 55 years old and I have 37. In 2014 lost 120 gained most. Came back to lose again 3 digits. I hate those numbers xD
    Feel free to add me. I log daily and support daily 🤗
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    xccdz9edv9lq.jpeg

Please add me! I’m in my late thirties. I’ve lost 60 lbs each time after two babies. In 2016 I got super fit by stroller running up hills with my two toddlers (above picture in 2016). After they kept growing and the weight I was pushing was 130 lbs (with double stroller) got injured pretty dang bad. Injuries lasted a year plus but I kept trying to maintain. I just couldn’t lift or run heavily with out shooting pain. I gained about 15-20 lbs but worse I lost all that lean muscle.

I’ve tried this whole time to get it back, ran half marathon, winter 8 mile trail runs, lifting like crazy but can’t seem to reach that peak level of super lean mean, not to mention still having pain but that’s no biggy I’ll manage through that.

I’ve never liked keeping track of food (I get too obsessed) but I think I’m gonna have to in order to reach this goal. I need a lot of support cause’ I’m going low carbs and counting calories plus running long once a week, weight training early morning and doing cardio in afternoon 5-6 days per week.

Sorry for huge picture 😂
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone
    I've been super productive. Spared for a curling match this morning. Played not too badly was told I was playing really well. Yay. I got a new dress and some awesome new shoes for a wedding tomorrow I kinda forgot about. It's a good day
  • lubeh76
    lubeh76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well thats nearly my first week and lost a few pounds, but had a bad day today damn pizza, but basically been eating eggs (omelete) and meat all week, i really wanted to do keto but Dr advised against it, as i have hbp and diabetes, though i will still kinda do it just have some carbs :wink:
    well he dont know so no1 tell him :p
    Just want to say thankyou to all who have been motivating me, I hope i can make this work.
    please feel free to add me i have a very long journey 60kg (9 stone/ 126lb) to lose which is possibly what most of you weigh hehe!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Guys...my Friday curling team got a tie today!!!!! I'm the lowest tanker player but set up awesome shots for my team but don't get credit. It's for fun right????? To do something with my husband right?????
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You’re in the right place for encouragement and empowerment... we’ve all been there you’ll succeed, we got your back 👍🏻
    jessimia wrote: »
    xccdz9edv9lq.jpeg

Please add me! I’m in my late thirties. I’ve lost 60 lbs each time after two babies. In 2016 I got super fit by stroller running up hills with my two toddlers (above picture in 2016). After they kept growing and the weight I was pushing was 130 lbs (with double stroller) got injured pretty dang bad. Injuries lasted a year plus but I kept trying to maintain. I just couldn’t lift or run heavily with out shooting pain. I gained about 15-20 lbs but worse I lost all that lean muscle.

I’ve tried this whole time to get it back, ran half marathon, winter 8 mile trail runs, lifting like crazy but can’t seem to reach that peak level of super lean mean, not to mention still having pain but that’s no biggy I’ll manage through that.

I’ve never liked keeping track of food (I get too obsessed) but I think I’m gonna have to in order to reach this goal. I need a lot of support cause’ I’m going low carbs and counting calories plus running long once a week, weight training early morning and doing cardio in afternoon 5-6 days per week.

Sorry for huge picture 😂

• dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weekend's arrived! Get those last one or two workouts in then enjoy!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! ☕
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning or afternoon and hope you are all having a great Saturday. Enjoy your day no matter what you have planned. :smiley:
  • Unwrittensofar
    Unwrittensofar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lubeh76 wrote: »
    Well thats nearly my first week and lost a few pounds, but had a bad day today damn pizza, but basically been eating eggs (omelete) and meat all week, i really wanted to do keto but Dr advised against it, as i have hbp and diabetes, though i will still kinda do it just have some carbs :wink:
    well he dont know so no1 tell him :p
    Just want to say thankyou to all who have been motivating me, I hope i can make this work.
    please feel free to add me i have a very long journey 60kg (9 stone/ 126lb) to lose which is possibly what most of you weigh hehe!

I always recommend to everyone who will listen- please read Dr. William Davis’ books- especially Undoctored. Or listen to his blogs or blogs featuring him. This way of thinking has transformed my life and so so many others. Plus, once you stops eating grains you would be surprised what you do not crave anymore. Also, what do you have to lose? Wishing you the most success however you go about it!