The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• mrschef04
    mrschef04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    41 year old mother from London! Please add for support!
  • timetobreakfree
    timetobreakfree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    47..new and need a lot of motivation. Plz add me
  • dancersx3mom
    dancersx3mom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started weight watchers last month. Trying to figure out how to eat healthier and start exercising after 51 years of bad habits. I had a heart attack and 4 stents placed 2 years ago...NOW I'm ready to make a change...I hope.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    45 years old - in maintenance mode, had a heart attack scare at 37 and it got me to turn things around - add me if you like
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday peeps! Hope you're having a good week ahead of you.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Monday already people!!! Get this week in gear.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »

Yes. Starting my day with Post Honey Bunches Of Oats cereal mixed with low fat milk and Yoplait Original Harvest Peach yogurt.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's Monday and it's Halloweek!!!! Are you ready for a spook?

I have all my cat ears out which I will wear to curling today, tomorrow and skating on Wednesday. Man I haven't had a break from activity since Thursday I think it was and there doesn't appear to be one in sight I love it!!! :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I have all my cat ears out which I will wear to curling today, tomorrow and skating on Wednesday. Man I haven't had a break from activity since Thursday I think it was and there doesn't appear to be one in sight I love it!!! :)

Never been one for this holiday. For years my tradition has been to turn all the lights off and watch Pit and the Pendulum. However, once my children were born, taking them begging for candy became the tradition. Both of my kids are older now and I can go back to the movie.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Never been one for this holiday. For years my tradition has been to turn all the lights off and watch Pit and the Pendulum. However, once my children were born, taking them begging for candy became the tradition. Both of my kids are older now and I can go back to the movie.

I'm a fan of dressing up and candy. After Christmas Halloween was always my favourite day. My son has inherited this he wore his Waldo costume yesterday even. I think part of the reason I have always loved skating is the dressing up part for competitions and shows. I have my cat ears already to wear today to curling. My son thinks the new sparkly ones I got are too small and sedate but I gotta ease into it since this is a brand new league I've never played in :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

I'm a fan of dressing up and candy. After Christmas Halloween was always my favourite day. My son has inherited this he wore his Waldo costume yesterday even. I think part of the reason I have always loved skating is the dressing up part for competitions and shows. I have my cat ears already to wear today to curling. My son thinks the new sparkly ones I got are too small and sedate but I gotta ease into it since this is a brand new league I've never played in :)

Nah. Show them the full you. They'll get used to it. I bet they'll even secretly wish they were so fun loving.
  • mbmart60
    mbmart60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was off last week. Could so use another!!!! My pooch is not happy either 😣0c25zb8ekgnk.jpg

• FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    mbmart60 wrote: »
    I was off last week. Could so use another!!!! My pooch is not happy either 😣0c25zb8ekgnk.jpg
    mbmart60 wrote: »

Adorable pup.
  • mbmart60
    mbmart60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thant you! She lives for someone to toss her ball across the room or park.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Wow, well over 100 pages since last I was here....
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope yo'all have a fantastic weekend. I'm sure most of us here are coffee lovers, so here's an interesting article:

https://www.onnit.com/academy/the-best-time-to-drink-coffee/

Is there ever a WRONG time to drink coffee?!! (so asks the unapologetic woman with the strong caffeine addiction -- ha ha!)
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I swear... now that I'm looking at calories, etc, I'm never hungry, yet never full. It reminds me of when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes and I had to be so careful with my diet. Essentially I eat like very much like that now, and it's an excellent way to maintain my blood sugar and weight, but I sure miss getting nice and full. I'm about 80-90% off gluten too so I miss a lot of stuff I used to love! -- (good crusty bread, pizza, pasta) -- and no, the GF substitutes just don't cut it. Pardon me, I think I hear the Monday morning WAH-bulance. Wah, wah, wah. Sorry about the whine.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Well today started with slipping on something in my kitchen and slamming my ankle into the kitchen island. Then I had a Pilates class with a neighbour who is learning to teach. It was nice.

Then I got to curling and was told in would be heading up the team and being skip. I was terrified but two others helped me out and we didn't totally suck.

Now I'm debating going and getting my ankle checked since it keeps swelling up
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    So I'm a bit disappointed. I'm was hoping to find an inexpensive pair of snow shoes to try snow shoe hiking this winter. I don't want to spend a lot because I probably would only get 1 or 2 hikes during the winter and don't know if I'd like it yet.

After doing some research, I find I'm too heavy for most of them and the ones that would support my weight are very expensive. So I'll put this off until next year or until I meet the weight limit, whichever comes first.

I hope you can find some too, that does sound disappointing!

Thanks Amy. I’m probably going to wait until I reach 240 or 235. I figure I need to consider the weight of boots and winter clothing in that 250 limit. I’ll get that before the heavy snows. Then I just need to find an inexpensive set. Used sounds like a good option.

You can find them out there. I have a pair of 10"x36" off-brand GV snowshoes that I bought from a regional seller. I think I paid about $70USD new for them about six years ago and have only used them a handful of times since the snow hasn't been all that bad. But, I'm considering upgrading one of these days to a much better pair since I enjoy it and go into places that I need more float.
    The downside to being heavy with snowshoes is most companies don't make them, and the ones that do have to charge a lot due to structural reasons.
    If all you're doing is looking to try it out, I'd recommend finding a place you can rent them from. Can your local county or municipality park and recreations department to find out more. Not every place will rent them. But, they might have a recommendation on where.