September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Random, anyone else have any lumps about where their laces come to?

I've been wearing old running shoes for work for the last 6 weeks, and just spotted this lump on both ankles. Doesn't hurt or anything, pretty sure they are just lipoma but thought I'd check if anyone else has any.
    2altu5gxk6e3.jpg
    h7o2ju03w2po.jpg
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Random, anyone else have any lumps about where their laces come to?

I've been wearing old running shoes for work for the last 6 weeks, and just spotted this lump on both ankles. Doesn't hurt or anything, pretty sure they are just lipoma but thought I'd check if anyone else has any.
    2altu5gxk6e3.jpg
    h7o2ju03w2po.jpg

Are you lacing too tight? I’ve never encountered this before or heard any runners speak of it.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    01 Sep - 5.6 miles (outside)
    02 Sep - 2 miles (treadmill)

7.6 miles of ??

Hoping to do my long run on a day off on Friday but our fridge may or may not need replacing so that will take priority!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    September goal: try to keep up

9/1: 3.30

Total: 3.30

Ticker is my goal for 2019 and progress to date:

exercise.png

Elise4270 wrote: »
    @shanaber @RunsOnEspresso @HonuNui Eric is talking of Hawaii again. There is a tentative plan to go mid May to mid-late June. I was wondering if anyone else is planning a vaca? Thought perhaps we might even share an air B&B. We're still planning, nothing nailed down, but I'ma Amazon shop for a Magnum PI shirt for Eric.
    : I'll just leave that link below to the Revel Kulio (26 or 13 downhill miles nearly to the beach at Waikoloa-a bit sooner than you wanted, but still.......)

Upcoming races:
    Revel Kulia Half Marathon 1/18/20

...and because I know ya'll been jonesin' for a turtle pic:
    oT5fXE.gif

Love the turtle! Do you think it did that on purpose or did a surprise current catch it?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    August was a rough month, reset in September. 1st run was 6km, which went fine. Took a bit of time to get going so the 6th km was faster than the 1st.

Goals September:
    13 Runs....1 run
    71km........ 6km
    5km PB....Done 1 Sep
    6km PB....Done 1 Sep
    7km..........x
    Youngest to do 5km
    Youngest to do run/walk of 10mins/1min.

That is one of the great things about this "challenge" - it is new each month. Today is 9/2, fresh start to crush it this month! :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    My uniform this morning is definitely a bit snug. Sigh.

I plan to lose how I always do. Eat less and move more. So will be tracking with MFP. DH is on board to buy less takeaways now that we are almost settled. And I'm leaving my wallet at home so I can't buy cafe food.

And I'm a) getting back to running (yay) and b) gonna start lifting again at the end of next week when all our stuff arrives.

Oh we move into the house Friday! 4 sleeps!

And every yayer SPRING is here!

4 sleeps? Do you think you will be actually able to sleep that last night? :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Started off the month with an 8.17 mile run in Pitlochry Scotland. Setting my goal at 90 miles. I will be on vacation for another week and then a week of work travel so I will keep it conservative.
    qc88bdmrgc2z.jpeg
    ne5oh3qa9gj5.jpeg
    e0oyq5j5g5bs.jpeg

At least you will have cows to cheer you on if you run there :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kirstymn wrote: »
    September Goal: 160km

02/9: 5.11

Total KM run: 5.11

This morning was my first pre-dawn run in a long time! I've spent the last few winter months either running after work while there's still a little light and a few degrees warmer, or inside on the treadmill. I just haven't been able to face the cold dark mornings. But I figured since it is now officially Spring and I'm back into an actual training plan it's time for me to get back into my morning run schedule.

I forgot how nice it is to run in the early morning - hardly any people or traffic. I also forgot to wear gloves :( Luckily it was just a short run today.

Vacations
    I'm very fortunate to have travelled quite extensively around the world so I've had many memorable trips. One of the standouts would have to be Africa. I spent a month camping on safari through Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe about 15 years ago and I've never experienced anything else like it. I'm dying to go back and do it again, but next time I think I'll go "glamping" :)

I'm also looking forward to another dream vacation that I have booked for February. I'm heading to Egypt for a few weeks via Istanbul. I can't wait for this trip. I have dreams of running along the corniche in Alexandria and along the banks of the Nile

Wow those sound like awesome vacations! I am not a fan of real camping, but those locations sound like great places. I assume glamping is in a camper or cabin? That I could do. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    dcolander wrote: »
    Started Sept off good. Still getting use to ATL humidity and hills. Made my NRC weekly and August running challenges.. Don’t know if my knees will let me run 10K’s again😕🙁

Donna aka #rundmc#

I assume Atlanta == ATL? If so then you can at least look forward to winter soon and much lower humidity, and being that far south probably not that cold. I used to live in TN and winters were much milder than there are here in Pittsburgh. I assume Atlanta is about the same.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I can't even imagine running 6.2 miles and having my HR average 116! Not sure what mine averaged when I did the 10K in July, but it was probably more like 150. LOL Maybe, one day.......
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @rheddmobile That sounds like an "interesting" race. How many miles to you think you will be running?

@kgirlhart I have never had an issue with not being able to eat enough. It's a constant struggle for me to maintain a healthy weight. Running is the only activity I have found that helps me with that. But, I have been within the same 5 pound range since April. Unfortunately, that range is still about 15 pounds higher than my goal weight. So, my goal for the rest of the year is to get under 150 pounds. (Goal is 135. Currently at 155.)

@ContraryMaryMary I hope you are feeling better!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Ok, ok, I'm in! I'm training for a half on Oct. 3rd so I think I should run around 80 miles this month. BUT...if something happens and I need to back off on my runs, I will. One thing I've learned is to listen when my body says slow down or take a break...before it breaks.

Welcome! The fall (assuming you are in the northern hemisphere) is a great time to race!