Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @mainelylisa
    So inspiring.
    Thank you!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @mainelylisa your so right. Even one step forward is better than 2 steps back. Thanks for the inspiring reminder.

@globalhiker I hope your doing a bit better today while your going through your cleanse week. This is your body telling you something important.

@WinoGelato that is fantastic that you got in 15 days. Big congrats. Enjoy the rest of the month and the weekend.

@dawnbgethealthy I do the same thing with food and beverage. I want to look good in an outfit so I plan around it. It is what we women do. Lol. Enjoy your festivities.

My long "holiday" weekend will consist of nothing special at this moment. Will catch up with everyone over on the September thread as my internet will be spotty until then.
    🇺🇸
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Tuesday August 27 - AF
    Aug 28 - 3 drinks - big long weekend coming up for everyone in North America. Strategically not wanting to have drinks Thursday prior so that my clothes look better (vain) and so that I have energy to enjoy all of the music and festivities. Beginning to choose my drinks days based on what I have coming up.
    August 29 -AF

My copy paste was getting a little long and soon we are into a new month.

17AF days out of 29 days so far, 1 more day in the month.
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    Good to see some new faces this month! I’ve not been posting since I have very little in the way of updates, but had my 16 week appointment this week and a strong heartbeat. This time next month we will know if baby is a boy or girl!

Still AF for baby, I did have a few sips (nowhere near a glass) of wine toasting a dear friends wedding earlier in the month. Not enough to feel anything even with my nonexistent tolerance and obviously a one off occasion.

We have friends in town for the long weekend, and the ingredients for a few mocktails for me to enjoy with our guests.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Tuesday August 27 - AF
    Aug 28 - 3 drinks - big long weekend coming up for everyone in North America. Strategically not wanting to have drinks Thursday prior so that my clothes look better (vain) and so that I have energy to enjoy all of the music and festivities. Beginning to choose my drinks days based on what I have coming up.
    August 29 -AF
    August 30 - AF
    D'uh, I thought that August had 30 days. Not sure if I will be AF on the 31st, people are coming over between sets at the festival for Mojitos, I might have one, I might not.

18AF days out of 30 days so far, 1 more day in the month.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    August was a great month. Both for enjoying Summer and for maintaining my less alcohol theme. There were MANY stressful days too that had me judging myself as to whether I would snap and try to resolve these problems with over drinking. For me, having a quick coversation with myself, asking.....do you really want to make this already bad situation WORSE? No... I would think, and take a different approach to dealing with the crisis.
    Accountability for August:
    AF- 27 days
    A - 4 days with 9.5 drinks total
    😊 😊 😊
    See you all on tthe September 2019 Less Alcohol thread
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Tuesday August 27 - AF
    August 29 -AF
    August 30 - AF
    D'uh, I thought that August had 30 days. Not sure if I will be AF on the 31st, people are coming over between sets at the festival for Mojitos, I might have one, I might not.
    August 31 - 7 drinks! And I didn't even throw up.

18AF days out of 31 days for the month.
  • kelleymeg
    kelleymeg Posts: 24 Member
    So, I'm actually getting emotional reading everyone's transparent and thought provoking posts. I'm NOT alone after all!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    kelleymeg wrote: »
    So, I'm actually getting emotional reading everyone's transparent and thought provoking posts. I'm NOT alone after all!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776925/less-alcohol-january-2020-one-day-at-a-time#latest

You may have found the newest link already but if not, here it is. xo