The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Sleeping at all gives me. Cozy feeling. Doesn’t matter how you sleep as long as you sleep well. Lately my office chair works just fine. 😉
  • sufferlandrian
    Two 24 hour shifts with an eight hour break may not have been such a good idea. :-)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited September 2019
    The weirdest thing made me feel a little bit of a failure as an adult today, lol. I moved and decided to put my bed in the corner of the room instead of the middle of the wall (the supposed "grown up" way), and for some reason it felt so much more comfortable to have a wall at my back. Is that weird?

Nope, whatever you want lady, it's your bed, your space :)
    Two 24 hour shifts with an eight hour break may not have been such a good idea. :-)

lol, probably a horrible idea lol
  • bethanie0825
    Gah I'm glad I'm working tonight and Tuesday night. Dorian is looking to pass by our coast Wednesday night or Thursday and I'm off :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    No hurricanes in Montana. :-)
  • halflingpie
    halflingpie Posts: 1,582 Member

Aren't yours made out of snow? ;p
  • bethanie0825

My summer lasts from May to October lol. I don't live on the coast so I'll take my chances
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Just at a family wedding on the West Coast... my niece and nephew are in disaster relief (they live in Virginia) and have been keeping a close eye on Dorian as they think they may be called up for work soon. They may be sent to Bahamas or Abaco or along the SE coast of the US when they get back in a few days. That's them on the far left of the picture. (We look like quite the bunch, lol! Family, ya gotta luv 'em.)
    2k0f1jt6evve.png
  • bethanie0825
    What a lovely picture! I hope where ever they go, they're safe. It's now looking like no landfall in NC; I'm about 125 miles inland so just windy and rainy on Thursday.
  • sufferlandrian
    Back to work. Dangit. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    edited September 2019
    Isaac is already coordinating a group of professionals to remove dangerous trees/palms from sites so work can get started on rebuilds when water recedes. Others are working on water, food, shelter requirements. (He & Mara are on the rebuilding side of things once immediate needs are met.) Saw some video from friends, Bahamas and Abaco just flattened, totally. Yikes!! Luckily no friends of our family have lost their lives, just homes.
    I think hubby & I must bring bad luck, as we were in the Bahamas this past Dec (before Dorian) and were in NOLA the year before Katrina. I worry about China next year as we are travelling there this December. Who knows what will happen... :o .
    Good your area is safe, Bethanie!
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Clocking out, going home! Woot woot
  • canadjineh
    I'm off for 10 days, just getting back to patrol on my own after criminal attack. Things went well but two in a row is enough for this month. I have three more sets of two this month with WorkSafe filling in missing wages with a top-up.
  • bethanie0825
    We didn't lost power this time which is surprising bc it rained all day Thursday, then into the overnight the winds came with more rain. Got up this morning (Friday) and the sun was out lol. What a difference a day makes!
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm getting my butt beat at work this month. Dogs I've worked with for some time that are dying of cancer and others that I've worked with short times but need to euthanize and the owners are devastated. I put one down today that was husbands dog and he passed away from cancer a year ago. Now the dog ate a rock and needed surgery but the dog has so many other health problems it would never have made it through surgery. It was her last connection to her husband. She was devastated. Luckily she has family nearby and they were able to come help her through it. Some days I wish I had continued working as a janitor.
  • bethanie0825
    @sufferlandrian Sorry it's been a rough one. I hope things calm down some soon.
  • canadjineh
    So sorry to hear it, sufferlandrian.
  • sufferlandrian
    Got a botulism dog in the clinic. That's the first one I've had in 25 years. Hope this kid pulls this off.
  • sufferlandrian
    It's my night off but I'm flagging about 3 calls an hour from the clinic looking for help with cases. Some nights we get the most bizarre cases is.
  • bethanie0825
    Got a botulism dog in the clinic. That's the first one I've had in 25 years. Hope this kid pulls this off.

Damn