Wappo Warriors - SEPT CHALLENGE SERIES (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Jrlorenc84
    Jrlorenc84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

My names Jackie. Im a 27 yr old SAHM of three beautiful girls. My goal this month is to lose 5 pounds and get in shape. For the first time EVER Ive started going to a gym and really watching what I eat. Ive never done one of these challenges but Im excited to start. :)

SW : 168
    CW : 141
    GW : 125 (and to be fit)
  • PersuingPetite
    PersuingPetite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HEY!

My name is pierce, I am a GIRL, just to clarify ^_^ I'm 18 and super excited about this months challenge :3
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Michelle from Long Island and while I am awaiting Hurricane Irene right now, I figured I would log on and see what's up since I have been so stressed today about the hurricane that I have not been very good with my food choices. Although my husband did score a generator after waiting SIX hours on line today at Lowe's for a truck to come in with them (Yay!). I am looking forward to this challenge and happy to be a part of this team! Let's go Wappo Warriors! Bring it on! :drinker:

Michelle
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard ANYthing or know what to expect yet?
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same. This is my first challenge and I'm so looking forward to it.
  • healthieryou
    Options
    what day do we do the weigh-ins on?
  • Smyli372
    Options
    Hi : ) Im Smyli!! Joining My Fitness Pal for that added motivation and to tighten up and lose about 10 pounds!! : )
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey team

I'm Isabel and as well coming from the august challenge! I'm trying to break into my 170 so I hope I can do it this month with gary by my side kicking my butt lol
    I really wanna loose 10 pounds and I wanna be in the 150 by the end of october (my sisters wedding) So I hope I can stay motivated and not brack in again like I did the last 2 weeks:-(
    Good luck everybody and lets sweat those pounds away!!

and thanks gary for putting me on the team!!!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hello TEAM!

ARE YOU READY FOR SEPTEMBER! I know I am!

I see many questions on here. I'm going to try and answer them all for you.

I will be the team captain for all 13 teams. Tonight I will post 13 posts. Each post will contain the individual team that you are apart of.

Weigh - IN
    Thursday you will need to each message me your beginning weight.
    Each sunday or monday morning you will need to message me with your ending weight.
    As a team we recieve points for the % of weight you have lost.

Daily Challenges
    When you message me your new weight on Sunday I need you to list if you did each daily challenge. If you missed a day or two please let me know. Remember if you miss a daily exercise challenge you can make it up for that week. So if you have a bad day double up the next. If everyone on your team does the daily exercise challenge your team will get bonus points. The same with the weekly team challenge.

Weekly Team Challenges
    These consist of exercise and non exercise goals. For instance if your team every day meets their calorie goal, drinks their 64oz of water they will get the weekly team challenge credit. In order to get the weekly everyone needs to do this goal.

A sample of what you will message me on Sunday or Monday morning:

Current weight. (please don't send me lbs lost I just need the number)
    Dailies I did all 6 days this week.
    Weekly I hit the weekly challenge this week!

That's it. I'll put all of that into our spreadsheet.

I've learned alot from the August Challenge.

I will not hunt you down. Its your responsibility to get me your numbers. If you choose not to compete please continue to follow along. I realize this is a big commitment but changing your life is just that a commitment. Just ask anyone on this forum that has competed in August. I don't they have all lost weight, inches and excuses. They now are stronger, faster and able to push harder and longer than they ever thought possible.

Exercises:

I will list two exercise sets each week along with youtube videos on how they should be done. One is a basic exercise set. Dont' be fooled it will push you. We aren't here to do grandma's exercises! The second set is called the BUSHMEN Series. This is an advanced exercise regiment designed to push our advanced fitness folks to a new level. These exercises are always to be completed after the **4 minute tabata training method. I would encourage you to look at both. See if there is something from the advanced series that you can do. You'll be surprised at how far you can push yourself.

Please make sure you use appropriate stretching prior to working out, along with good posture. Exercise Form is just as important as the movement itself.

Don't let this overwhelm you! Please ask if you need alternatives or modifications. I typically post them with each series.
    Also I'm here for you! If you need help with something, would like for me to look at your food diary, or just need to talk. You message me and together we'll get through this.

YOU CAN DO THIS! WE ARE A TRIBE SO LET"S FUNCTION AS ONE TRIBE COMPETING ALONGSIDE ONE ANOTHER IN THIS RACE!

RAISE YOUR SPEARS WE"RE ABOUT TO GO TRIBAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** Tabata training is designed to push the cardiovascular portion of your body to new levels. If you suffer from heart problems please check with your physician before attempting. This style of training puts the heart into a high workout in a very short time. If at any time you feel dizzy, stressed and have numbness or tingling immediately stop and seek medical assistance.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyonce! Im Dennis. And ready for the challange, ready to do whatever is needed. Ready to kick this plateau to the curb.
  • sunfishbum
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Angelika. I am very exciting to be joining your team. I am hoping to get off this rut I have been on for sometime now and if I lose some weight in the process that would be awesome!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Kristina . . . 36yo homeschooling, SAHM of 4 kids aged 8 and under.I have a very supportive, handsome military husband. He is not deployed right now. I also work as a labor and delivery nurse 6 nights a month (and try to avoid a calorie fest at about 4am each of those nights) I used to be a rock solid athlete and active duty military chick . . . now I am fighting to get back to that place.

I started in FEB at 225lbs, and I am now floating at 203 . . . I want this challenge to push me into Onederland and I want to be far enough down that I don't jump back into the 200's after hydrating myself. I do my best work when I am challenged, so this is right up my alley. Looking forward to working with all of you!
  • mareed123
    mareed123 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, im Maree, thanks for adding me to your team!! Im looking forward to hearing what the first challenge will be :smile:

Trying to loose my last 2kg this month!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    can't wait, i'll be back
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Charmaine and I'm looking foward to a good challenge I have joined groups in the past and I have really enjoyed them but haven't met any of the fitness goals I created for myself so I am here setting new goals and this time I am pushing to reach them.
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy, 41 yr old mother of 2 amazing kids. Can't lie, sure I wanna live long and be healthy, but I also want to look damn good while doing it.

SW: 155.25
    CW: 141.2
    GW: ?? When I feel and look good(to me)

I'm with you on that one Kathy!
  • starz13
    starz13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm a bit late but im starzie.... i have a 18month old son and a wonderful husband...and im from NZ.

I have around 20kgs to lose total. would really like to lose 5kgs by the end of the month....
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Looking forward to the Sept Challenge. Lost about 9 lbs in the August Challenge and I would like that to continue. It is not just the weight loss though, it is finally getting in shape. Toning is now my main focus with losing those last 10 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend and LET'S GO TRIBAL!!!!!
    - Robbie
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm Stephanie. Been working out steadily for the past month and want to continue to see positive changes. Im looking forward to starting this!
  • cathy4590
    Options
    Hello Everybody, My name is Cathy4590...I am from Georgia and I am on the Sept. Chanllenge...So exicted! Good Luck to everyone!