September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Great race report. Glad your dad and SM were able to see you race. It's easier to be supportive when you have first hand knowledge of what is going on. Good luck on your HM this weekend.

@katharmonic When I run on the treadmill, I always take the treadmills word for the distance and not my Garmin. I don't have a foot pod and I know that the Garmin is way off, based on the time and distance it shows. I just use it to get a more accurate calorie burn count, as I know my treadmill way overestimates that.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @PastorVincent Interesting sculpture. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was some sort of off satellite. Glad you have a place for your lunch walks that is out of the weather. Love your recent pictures above too.

@dcolander No one will laugh. This is a great group.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Interesting sculpture. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was some sort of off satellite. Glad you have a place for your lunch walks that is out of the weather. Love your recent pictures above too.

Thanks. I need to go back to that statue and take a picture of the plaque because I can not recall what it says! 🙄
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    monthly question #2 weight loss goal by December? And how do you plan on making that happen?

I'm at 215 pounds right now (Sailing causes wait gain) and my goal is to get to 200 by December. How? By finally sticking to the plan!

Actually the way this summer has been, I'm happy it's "only" 215.
  • 7lenny7
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Oh, I tried to post my goal and a summary of my summer but MFP decided it needs to approve the post. Hopefully it gets posted.

Nevermind, I see it now.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    kirstymn wrote: »
    @Teresa502 The Scotland pics are gorgeous!

@Avidkeo Yay for Spring! Good luck with the move on Friday

@shanaber My worst trip was probably to Mykonos, Greece. We came back to our hotel room after a day out and found we'd been robbed. When we complained to management we were accused of telling lies to get the staff in trouble. They confiscated our passports and made us wait in some dodgy office for hours. We finally managed to convince them to give our passports back after enduring hours of verbal abuse. Once we had our passports we ran out of there and straight to a pay phone to call the police. The police told us we were in the wrong and we should go back to the hotel and pay for anything we still owed! We hung up that phone and ran as fast as we could straight to the ferry and took the first boat off that island!

@ContraryMaryMary I hope you feel better soon

@PastorVincent As I've gotten older I'm less of a fan of real camping too! Glamping is basically a cabin made out to look like a tent - the important part is you get a real bed!
    9l6xba3g534k.jpg
    cea9q556b805.jpg

@polskagirl01 WTG on the hill repeats! Also, you're awesome for picking up rubbish on your run :)

@Elise4270 I hope your day gets better. I find baking soda and some white vinegar and a little dish soap can be good for scrubbing/cleaning things like that

That's Glamping with a capital G!!!

And here I thought I was stepping it up with my camping set. This is how I've camped the night before my last two trail races:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W1PujzU9ey13BmBs6
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo congrats on the job! I tend to be skeptic too. I want science & studies, not anecdotes and promises. I want to understand the physiological reasons it works. On the other had, when I started taking glucosamine for my knee it was not backed by studies, but through personal testing over a long time, I've come to believe it helps. I agree that benefits could be the result of the placebo affect, or massaging for topicals. After my 50K on the 18th of May, assuming equal pain in my quads, I plan on rubbing CBD cream on one quad and regular cream on the other to see if I notice a difference. While it is unregulated, reputable manufacturers do submit their products for independent testing.

Oh let me know how it goes - for science! I think one reason I'm a skeptic about it working is that the chances of the oil oenetrating the layers of the skin, to get deep enough to the muscle to work... That's not how skin works. So I'm very curious how it goes. Eta did a bit of reading and from what I can see most of the CBD creams also have a lot of menthol so have the same effect as non CBD creams designed for sore muscles. Does this one have menthol or similar? Either way hope it works!

Dragging this back from the May thread... @Avidkeo my experience has been that CBD cream did nothing for me but make my skin soft and smooth. I used it on one quad after my 50K, and a regular cream on the other quad. No difference. More importantly, unless I can understand just how this oil is supposed to travel through skin, fat, blood, etc, and somehow get to where I want it, it just doesn't make sense that it would work topically.

The CBD pills did have an effect on me. I slept so much deeper! I'd like to take them every night but at $1 per pill for the cheapest I could find...no.

My experiment with CBD is over.