What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    With all the talk about unsolicited d pics and stuff, you often see the response from women (and this is not meant to be vaguely directed at anyone, it’s done pretty universally) that they mock the person who sent the pic. More specifically, they disparage their pointy bits. Size and whatnot.

I find this practice to be extraordinarily off-putting. I can’t pinpoint why but it’s not because i feel sorry for the guys hearing it. More that it reflects kinda poorly on the women saying it. It’s just.. Its like we collectively know as a sex that men have this button and pushing it is the fastest and easiest way to emasculate them. But by pushing the button, we highlight our own weakness or lack of ingenuity in doing so

Does this make sense to anyone?

oh even the LSU flasher i told about in other thread like i heard the story and felt bad for him tbh

That was the story that got me thinking about it. And thats another thing women mock.. men who cry

yep, they want a guy to show emotion and be sensitive but if he cries or is low or hurting they make fun of him

most girls want a guy to be a rock is all. sure if he sheds a tear occasionally they might be amazed by it. because rocks don't cry. it'd be amazing and rare to see.

if he's a bucket full of water all the time that's nothing special. some women, not all, might kick that bucket over just to see the water come out.

if you're a guy you just gotta accept that. it's as sure as the sunrise.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    With all the talk about unsolicited d pics and stuff, you often see the response from women (and this is not meant to be vaguely directed at anyone, it’s done pretty universally) that they mock the person who sent the pic. More specifically, they disparage their pointy bits. Size and whatnot.

I find this practice to be extraordinarily off-putting. I can’t pinpoint why but it’s not because i feel sorry for the guys hearing it. More that it reflects kinda poorly on the women saying it. It’s just.. Its like we collectively know as a sex that men have this button and pushing it is the fastest and easiest way to emasculate them. But by pushing the button, we highlight our own weakness or lack of ingenuity in doing so

I love you for statements like this. You know, in that strictly platonic internet strangers sorta way. :laugh:
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

oh even the LSU flasher i told about in other thread like i heard the story and felt bad for him tbh

That was the story that got me thinking about it. And thats another thing women mock.. men who cry

yep, they want a guy to show emotion and be sensitive but if he cries or is low or hurting they make fun of him

most girls want a guy to be a rock is all. sure if he sheds a tear occasionally they might be amazed by it. because rocks don't cry. it'd be amazing and rare to see.

if he's a bucket full of water all the time that's nothing special. some women, not all, might kick that bucket over just to see the water come out.

if you're a guy you just gotta accept that. it's as sure as the sunrise.

you’re not wrong
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I love you for statements like this. You know, in that strictly platonic internet strangers sorta way. :laugh:

😁
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Think I’m gonna vomit out more threads in here tomorrow
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone ever went to a concert and the performer did the usual "Are you ready to rock" (ok, usual in the 80s) and there was someone in the crowd who had a rough day, and really only went because the tickets were already purchased and really were not at all ready to rock whatsoever.

ebuash70ci17.jpeg

rhb22v4fbzsv.jpeg

eta: oop wrong meme gimme sec

eta2: heres the right one but left wrong one bc it funny too

jvjutn8u62fq.jpeg

Haha I like both of those. No one ever asks me anymore what my favorite Platonic solid is 😕 but I so want to use that sometime!

FOR THE RECORD, it's a dodecahedron. Y'all don't care...

I'm going to bed

I was legit gonna ask you tomorrow just because I thought the joke would be better a little bit aged
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    i really like that white duck 2m0zjt5vy1bz.gif

If you give it some bread it will return the favor with supplemental medical insurance.

Bread is bad for birds. It is better to bring a bag of mixed frozen veggies like peas and give them that.

I give my ducks and geese romaine lettuce everyday.....with a little dandelion mixed in.

Nice. Take pics of them please.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

100% it's a low blow. Like if you're not attracted to (any trait) why point it out and trash it, especially publicly? It's a you "thing"...and that's ok...but when spoken in a derogatory or potentially shaming situation...
    its mean spirited, and definitely a lack of ingenuity. But (I'm going all literal now) you did say "we" and that isn't you :heart: and most often isn't me, I hope.

...that being said, I hate looking at feet, almost everyones (there is one pair of feet I like!)
    (not trying to breeze over your thought @caco_ethes ...just point out my own hypocrisy)
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It just dawned on me that I don't actually talk to anyone at work. Other than this one guy friend. The other one works on day shift. I only talk to one person here on MFP, because he's a great support friend.
    I enjoy small circles, less stuff to deal with.
  • NewGirlThatsMe
    NewGirlThatsMe Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am in a different place than my friends...feels a little lonely right now.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I completely get your point. No need to body shame anyone.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    headache
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options
    Counting down to clock out time.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Lol,, Be careful sometimes that makes it go slower
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

Lol,, Be careful sometimes that makes it go slower
    I know!! Aaarg!!

Luckily they keep me busy at work so the time flies by.

*knock on wood*

• cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Just woke up from the worst nightmare I’ve ever had.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Five hours of sleep isn’t sufficient.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm tired
    I don't want to be at work
    First week back at school is a pain in the *kitten* - SO much domestic crappery, I hate it
    I have just signed up to do a French A level, and all I want to do is study that + go out on my bike in the sunshine + sleep.
    That is all.