If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    wnwzs02qfj5p.jpg
    Will be cooked in a smoker.. 😁

I'll take 2 🤤
    😆
    Finished product ..

mk42vmp7rn2m.jpg

*drool*
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Tonight we are having Saratoga ribeyes, twice baked potatoes and asparagus and a few glasses of Malbec.

What is a Saratoga ribeye? How does it differ from a typical ribeye? Do you grill them? Inquiring minds want to know!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are having Saratoga ribeyes, twice baked potatoes and asparagus and a few glasses of Malbec.

What is a Saratoga ribeye? How does it differ from a typical ribeye? Do you grill them? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh dang I should have taken a picture. You know how a ribeye has delicious marbling throughout but also usually big fat strips on the edges that are cut away for consumption? A Saratoga ribeye is just the center part with the marbling and is cut to the thickness of a filet mignon. So it’s like a more flavorful filet. Usually has string tying it because it’s often rolled. Sometimes wrapped in bacon and/or peppercorns.

It’s by far my favorite cut of beef but it’s not cheap. $20/lb at my local grocer/butcher. And my 8 year old has developed an affinity for it...
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

Oh dang I should have taken a picture. You know how a ribeye has delicious marbling throughout but also usually big fat strips on the edges that are cut away for consumption? A Saratoga ribeye is just the center part with the marbling and is cut to the thickness of a filet mignon. So it’s like a more flavorful filet. Usually has string tying it because it’s often rolled. Sometimes wrapped in bacon and/or peppercorns.

It’s by far my favorite cut of beef but it’s not cheap. $20/lb at my local grocer/butcher. And my 8 year old has developed an affinity for it...

Got it. Thank you. I will check with local butchers for this cut. Sounds like a great entree for a special dinner
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    6rtxrpfkk50r.jpg

:o I want this
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    4db06h7pgc79.png
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    4db06h7pgc79.png

What do you call these? I’ve seen a few different names. My mom used to just call them “bar cookies” . They were a childhood favorite although when I made them a few years ago they were a little too sweet for me.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    4db06h7pgc79.png

What do you call these? I’ve seen a few different names. My mom used to just call them “bar cookies” . They were a childhood favorite although when I made them a few years ago they were a little too sweet for me.

I grew up calling them 7-layer bars, but know a lot of people refer to them as "magic cookie bars" ... they are my ultimate dessert. I have a recipe for a "healthier" version that isn't as sweet!
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    7nmwutyktxgu.jpg

That looks absolutely PERFECT :)
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Hooliekom wrote: »
    7nmwutyktxgu.jpg

Pumpkin carrot cake... drooling.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    7nmwutyktxgu.jpg

one of my favorites - as long as those 'plump golden raisins'...(or any raisins really) aren't used😣

We need more cream cheese icing on it though...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    4db06h7pgc79.png

I grew up calling them 7-layer bars, but know a lot of people refer to them as "magic cookie bars" ... they are my ultimate dessert. I have a recipe for a "healthier" version that isn't as sweet!

I would be interested in that recipe if you want to share.

I’ve also heard them called Hello Dollies.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    7nmwutyktxgu.jpg

one of my favorites - as long as those 'plump golden raisins'...(or any raisins really) aren't used😣

We need more cream cheese icing on it though...

The raisins are my favortie part!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    This thread make me realize how repelled I am by processed food.
    Just had breakfast, not hungry now.
    When hungry, I'd like either a zero calorie Thai Iced Tea or Mango Lassi.

Aren’t those processed?

Well, no, not unless you call using a blender 'processed'.

Mango lassi is (optimally) yogurt (which is naturally fermented milk), honey, and mango.

Thai iced tea is black tea (another naturally 'processed' product in that it's allowed to ferment a bit, contrast to green tea) steeped with a variety of spices. In restaurants it is often overly-sweetened with sugar and condensed milk, but the version I like uses actual cream and a touch of honey if needed for sweetness, though usually the star anise in the spices already has sweetness covered.

You know, it *is* possible to make these things from scratch and not rely on a pre-packaged mix. I suggest using a malty Assam as the base for the Thai tea.

Also, I thought this was a thread for 'what do you want to eat that has tons of calories so you are not eating it, but that you would eat if it had no calories', not 'what low calorie thing do you eat'.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    4db06h7pgc79.png

I would be interested in that recipe if you want to share.

I’ve also heard them called Hello Dollies.

I'll definitely share... also have heard Hello Dollies. really, I think the name depends on the process or ingredients used... I know some recipes call for pecans, some for walnuts... white chocolate, etc.