I don’t know how to relate to people who..

Replies

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I don’t know how to relate to people who sleep in warm rooms.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    don't use their turn signals
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    can eat one donut.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    can eat one donut.

Agreed. I can only do this by going to the donut shop and buying ONE donut and leaving.
    The guy there knows me as "one blueberry donut" lady.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited September 2019
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Who think everything happens for a reason, as if some higher power has destined this to be. I don't believe in fate, nor the universe aligning to make something happen, and if someone tries to convince me otherwise I can't relate. I'm happy to have them share that belief with me, and I won't try to convince them that I'm right and they're wrong. But I definitely don't share that perspective.

I’m with you, I’ve never understood this idea, even when extrapolated from religious beliefs. Everyone has free will. Time and chance happen to all. Some things really are just a coincidence. And occasionally the matrix glitches my man, but thats a topic for another day
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Who think everything happens for a reason, as if some higher power has destined this to be. I don't believe in fate, nor the universe aligning to make something happen, and if someone tries to convince me otherwise I can't relate. I'm happy to have them share that belief with me, and I won't try to convince them that I'm right and they're wrong. But I definitely don't share that perspective.

I’m with you, I’ve never understood this idea, even when extrapolated from religious beliefs. Everyone has free will. Time and chance happen to all. Some things really are just a coincidence. And occasionally the matrix glitches my man, but thats a topic for another day

Agreed. And sometimes things happen just because the person it is happening to is stupid and created the mess themselves.
  • very_californian
    very_californian Posts: 97 Member
    Gossip. Have unrelenting drama in their lives. Try to control everything.

Usually when you're negative about the world around you, living in a vortex of drama, there is only one common denominator.

i can’t help it if all my friends are *kitten* and every boss i’ve ever had is an *kitten* and my boyfriends have all been narcissists. I’m just unlucky.

ta da.
  • sr2587
    sr2587 Posts: 208 Member
    I can’t relate to emojis.....🙂🙃😉😌 JK!!haha
  • seltzermint555
    I don't know how to relate to people who think it's normal for aunts/uncles to discipline kids including spanking with a switch or whatever crazy backwoods BS

And almost the opposite...I don't know how to relate to people who have never stayed in a Motel 6 or equivalent.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Agreed. And sometimes things happen just because the person it is happening to is stupid and created the mess themselves.

sometimes = 999.985% of the time
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    Who eat just one or two squares of chocolate and can leave the rest in the fridge for days or weeks.
    This happens to me.. 😂
    sx9bs54vkn9m.jpg
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Who eat just one or two squares of chocolate and can leave the rest in the fridge for days or weeks.
    This happens to me.. 😂
    sx9bs54vkn9m.jpg

I hear ya ,, I'm kinda the same way :)

v3ymml4ycn1t.gif
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I can’t relate to people who *enjoy* public speaking 🤢

chemical high afterward, that's all I can say about that.

I so wish I could successfully public speak. I can't even control how my body reacts. I start shaking, turn bright red and break out in hives, my voice trembles...it's awful. I even took a public speaking class as an undergrad in the hopes of overcoming it or at least making it manageable by getting out of my comfort zone, but no dice. :(
  • seltzermint555
    I can’t relate to people who *enjoy* public speaking 🤢

chemical high afterward, that's all I can say about that.

I so wish I could successfully public speak. I can't even control how my body reacts. I start shaking, turn bright red and break out in hives, my voice trembles...it's awful. I even took a public speaking class as an undergrad in the hopes of overcoming it or at least making it manageable by getting out of my comfort zone, but no dice. :(

Aw that's terrible! I wound up minoring in it and doing two years of debate. For me the breakthrough was developing some really good visual aids to distract me and help me with where to put my hands (haha) and I relied heavily on those in my first dozen speeches.