I don’t know how to relate to people who..

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to relate to people who deeply worry about popcorn ceilings, vinyl flooring, or oak cabinetry.

one of these, alone, is terrifying.

all three, together, in one space ???

source.gif

anxiety.gif?w=640
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I don't know how to relate to people who deeply worry about popcorn ceilings, vinyl flooring, or oak cabinetry.

Ppl worry about these things?? Is it a may cause cancer thing ??

Nope...strictly concerned with what's "in" and what's considered out of date.

I will give people the benefit of the doubt if they're actively trying to sell a home, especially in a buyer's market. But I've long laughed about this when watching some of the HGTV shows or listening to colleagues discuss remodeling projects.

I know I'm kind of a cheapskate weirdo. I do like decor and all that stuff. But I'm perfectly fine with my popcorn ceilings, oak cabinets, and easy care vinyl floor. I also have easy care counter tops instead of granite. If that keeps some people from coming to my girls' night in, I didn't want them there anyway! haha
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

I will give people the benefit of the doubt if they're actively trying to sell a home, especially in a buyer's market. But I've long laughed about this when watching some of the HGTV shows or listening to colleagues discuss remodeling projects.

I know I'm kind of a cheapskate weirdo. I do like decor and all that stuff. But I'm perfectly fine with my popcorn ceilings, oak cabinets, and easy care vinyl floor. I also have easy care counter tops instead of granite. If that keeps some people from coming to my girls' night in, I didn't want them there anyway! haha

Ah - I see - yeah I grew up poor so I’m fine with those things lol - both my parents are cheap af too
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I have oak cabinets. I love natural wood, and I'm rather fond of my cabinets.
  • TheNeverPlayedSymphonies
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Love for natural wood..
    You charmer
    tell me some more sweet nothings 😁💕
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    wear white after Labor Day

YASSSSS happy you’re back man!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Love for natural wood..
    You charmer

Perhaps you'd like to hear about me stripping.... a hideous old 40s painted drop-leaf table... down to bare wood. ;)

Stained and varnished, it's been my kitchen table for over 15 years.
    Options

Love for natural wood..
    You charmer

Perhaps you'd like to hear about me stripping.... a hideous old 40s painted drop-leaf table... down to bare wood. ;)

Stained and varnished, it's been my kitchen table for over 15 years.

You had me at stripped💕
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I do this because... Cali.

Also, winter white.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Winter white?
    still a no go?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I don't know how to relate to people who live in a dream world.

Try working with people like that.... it's exhausting

I think of it as "imaginary futures".

It's okay to have goals ( I guess ), but living in a grounded reality seems to work pretty well for most of us.

You think most people live in a grounded reality?? I’m not sure that that is the reality I know but perhaps I’m wrong and/or it is different for you.

Yep, I live in a 100% grounded reality; I don't lie to myself about anything.

.... and sometimes, but thankfully not often, it really sucks too.

That’s cool but I’m not sure that the majority of people live that way.

I only worry about those things within my control.

.... and to tell you the truth, that ain't much.

Totally agree.
    Options
    I can’t relate to people
    who don’t no how to laugh at themselves
  • MsDollyDimple
    MsDollyDimple Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can’t relate to people who wake up naturally without having a child opening their eyes before 5am.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    I can't relate to ppl who don't like Fruity Pebbles cereal - it's hands down the best cereal out there
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Keto

I laughed so hard at this that Apple Cider Vinegar dripped out of my nose.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    Keto

Does that qualify as Keto?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Keto

Dunno.... but what's weird, is that, I don't even drink Apple Cider Vinegar .
  • PAFC84
    Options
    Keto

Dunno.... but what's weird, is that, I don't even drink Apple Cider Vinegar .

Maybe that’s the real reason you dropped it out of your nose.