Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 hope you feel better soon!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So here is a question... when I walk at lunch, I walk between 14 and 15 mins/mile pace. This means sometimes I come upon runners that I am walking slightly faster than.

Do you think it is embarrassing for them / rude for me to pass them? Should I slow down a bit and let them pull away?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    September 1 – 8.17 miles
    September 2 – 4.2 miles
    September 4 – 6 miles
    September 5 – 8.5 miles
    September 7 – 8 miles
    September 9 – 4.72 miles (am) and 1 mile (pm bootcamp pre-test)
    September 10 – 45 minutes weight conditioning

Total - 40.59 miles of 100 mile goal

@autumnblade75 – Congrats on doing so well racing in a squid costume!
    @MNLittleFinn – Wow! Just wow! What an amazing accomplishment for you!
    @ContraryMaryMary – Congratulations on your half marathon! Great time!
    @7lenny7 – Congratulations on your 5K race!
    @mbaker566 – Oh goodness! I’m so sorry for the dog fight and you’re having to intervene. I hope you heal soon.
    @MegaMooseEsquire – Congratulations!!! Completing a half marathon after all the injuries that you have struggled through this year is quite an accomplishment!

I got back from vacation late Saturday night. Heading to a conference in Orlando today but I’ve packed my running clothes and hope we’re staying some place where I can get out and run early in the mornings before the conference.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Way to go on your half @MegaMooseEsq! And great race report!

This!

Double this!!! Fantastic!!!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My legs are feeling a lot better this morning, just a little lingering quad stiffness. It felt good to write all that out - it was quite an experience.

I'd been planning on going to the gym this morning but then my husband managed to break our shower, which wouldn't have been too bad since we have two other showers, but then he broke it worse trying to fix it, so now the water is off until the plumber can get here sometime today. I'm still hoping to make it to the 5 or 6 PM class, we will see.
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq that was a great RR and a great race! You overcame much adversity to even show up, great ob on the finish! I see you have the Bemidji Blue Ox 26K on your schedule. I'll be looking forward to your report on that race. I'm considering doing their marathon some day.

I'd been feeling a little hesitant about running the Bemidji Blue Ox the weekend following my TCM double-header and decided just this morning to pull it from my schedule. Maybe next year! That said, if your invitation from last year to pace a loop at the Loopet Loppet still stands, I've got the weekend free now. Assuming that a super slow trail noobie would make a helpful pacer, of course.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    So here is a question... when I walk at lunch, I walk between 14 and 15 mins/mile pace. This means sometimes I come upon runners that I am walking slightly faster than.

Do you think it is embarrassing for them / rude for me to pass them? Should I slow down a bit and let them pull away?

It's only rude if you walk circles around them.

So, stick to dodecahedrons?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent I am one of those slow runners that has experienced it from the other side. When I get passed by a walker, I do get a bit annoyed, but it isn't you... it is me. It reminds me that I am slow, but that isn't news to me. And I would not expect someone to slow down to try to make me feel better. That just makes it way more awkward. So just keep doing your own thing.

I just do not want to discourage people that are out there getting after it however fast they are going.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Edit: "squirrels AND two different men"... the guys weren't squirrels.
    Ha! I thought maybe the squirrels looked like a couple of different men who just woke up in the forest 🤣
    Also I bet that runner saw you and sped up to show off and then cramped - karma!