Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I really wanted a glass of wine with dinner (at home) last night after being a little disgusted with myself for such an unproductive day. BUT! I poured myself a seltzer and cranberry (my go-AF drink ) and the feeling passed. Plus my weight is down slightly from yesterday, which, considering what I’ve eaten this week, is a minor miracle!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    As usual, I am going to work on 4-5 AF days per week.
    I managed 18AF days out of 31 for August somehow.
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 08 - 3 drinks - next planned drinks, Tuesday
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.

Running total: 6 AF days out of 10 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @MissMay

Wow, I didn't realize that you were old enough to remember Tab!!

And yes, we haven't heard from Teri for awhile. Teri, if you are just lurking at least say "hi" to us.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited September 2019
    @MissMay

Wow, I didn't realize that you were old enough to remember Tab!!

And yes, we haven't heard from Teri for awhile. Teri, if you are just lurking at least say "hi" to us.

YEP......I am no Spring chick. Lol. 🤣
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Stayed AF last night and plan to again tonight and the rest of this week.

9/3- AF
    9/4- AF
    9/5- AF
    9/6- AF
    9/7- AF
    9/8-AF
    9/9- 3 drinks (rounding up)
    9/10 - AF

Tips for avoiding the first drink - I bring my own drink to the party. La Croix, pellegrino, cranberry and seltzer, etc. depending on how well I know the person, I will tell them I am not drinking to keep myself in check. I have my reasons “why” in my head and review them when I get tempted.

I’m definitely not perfect and give in but every time I don’t, I’m strengthening that part of myself.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.

Running total: 7 AF days out of 11 days so far
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I am dragging today and would love a cold glass of wine. But it's never 1 glass for me, 1 equals 3. Always. Sigh. One of those days, worked too long, tired, hot, tummyache, hot flashes, you name it, all the excuses are pouring out. It's good for me to write this down and declare I choose to be successful and am not giving into the "wine gremlins" today. I visualized they would've died off by now, that I deprived them of alcohol, but no, those suckers mess with me every now and then....Crap now I have to get in the car and get some chocolate to shut them up....!

“Wine gremlins”. I love that!

Actually I read that chocolate is a fantastic substitute for alcohol. Maybe it’s the little rush of sugar. Also it’s delicious.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Good to know about the 6 minute craving thing! I’ll try to remember that next time.

Following my plan so far this week. Next planned drinking night is Saturday. I’m thinking that drinks 2x/week on average will be good.

9/3- AF
    9/4- AF
    9/5- AF
    9/6- AF
    9/7- AF
    9/8-AF
    9/9- 3 drinks (rounding up)
    9/10 - AF
    9/11 - AF
    9/12 - AF
  • dawnbgethealthy

September 02 - AF
    September 06 - AF
    September 09 - AF
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.
    September 12 - 2 drinks, just couldn't have the 3rd which is unusual for me. Too tired to even make a 3rd drink. Long workday today, I must say that it was nice to have a couple of cocktails. Off to bed early.

Running total: 7 AF days out of 12 days so far