Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Super random, but does anyone who was a kid in the 2000s remember those yogurt-covered cluster-like snacks that came in pouches?? They were like crunchy... chocolaty and strawberry. I'm searching but can't find any pictures!

You have me thinking of nougat clusters.

I dont remember those, but I am still trying to find someone who remembers these mini cinnamon rolls they made. They looked like mini cinnamon rolls but were made with oats. I was 99% sure it was quaker, but could not find it after looking for ages on google etc. They were a small snack pack with like 5 dime sized oat baked cinnamon "rolls" with icing. I used to microwave them and they were delicious!

I'll help you look! I'm still searching for what i was looking for... so hard to explain but I can taste them on my tongue... very light texture. Cloudy... clusters. I think they were available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

You guys. I feel like I’m going crazy... am I imagining this product?! Idkkk. 😩 they were like the yogurt clusters in some cereals, but super airy and would melt in your mouth. What the heck
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Super random, but does anyone who was a kid in the 2000s remember those yogurt-covered cluster-like snacks that came in pouches?? They were like crunchy... chocolaty and strawberry. I'm searching but can't find any pictures!

I dont remember those, but I am still trying to find someone who remembers these mini cinnamon rolls they made. They looked like mini cinnamon rolls but were made with oats. I was 99% sure it was quaker, but could not find it after looking for ages on google etc. They were a small snack pack with like 5 dime sized oat baked cinnamon "rolls" with icing. I used to microwave them and they were delicious!

I'll help you look! I'm still searching for what i was looking for... so hard to explain but I can taste them on my tongue... very light texture. Cloudy... clusters. I think they were available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

You guys. I feel like I’m going crazy... am I imagining this product?! Idkkk. 😩 they were like the yogurt clusters in some cereals, but super airy and would melt in your mouth. What the heck

Like the nougats in Special K?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Ripe tomatoes, right off the vine! (I am with you @lynn_glenmont !)
    Also blackberries and muscadines, right off the vine, so warm and sweet!
    Cold milk, drunk after you first shook the jar to mix the cream back in.
    Homemade rum ice cream!
    Thin pancakes (not crepes, but not fluffy American standard pancakes) with a bit of powdered sugar and some lemon juice.
    Homemade fudge.
    My dad's homemade black-bottom pie!

Oh, I forgot about homemade fudge!
    My older brothers would make it before I was allowed to use the stove, but they never let it cook long enough to set. So we would eat it out of the pan with spoons, or pour it over ice cream while still warm. Mmmm.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Something similar to this?
    z0wz31in4ktn.png

Something similar to this?
    z0wz31in4ktn.png

p9pndyh09w02.png

Neither of those, I just found them though!!

They made them in peanut butter and cinnamon sugar. They were so good.
    llscq77qbu4u.png
    j8164la18v7y.png
  • Noreenmarie1234

Hmmm... do you remember what company made them? Or what color the packaging was?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Kraft Deluxe Macaroni Dinner, with bacon on it finished in the oven. Still make this when I'm in a bad mood.

Mom's cookies. I've got the recipe and they just aren't the same as the ones she made. She would bake a batch and put them in our stockings at Christmas. Got them well into adulthood. I miss those.
  • pancakerunner

Hmmm... do you remember what company made them? Or what color the packaging was?

Thinking about it more... I remember getting them in my middle school's a la carte line... I can't remember if they were even in a package or not. Hmmm. It's gonna bother me now haha
  • pancakerunner
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    Potato Lefse spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, rolled up and popped in the toaster oven. Yum.
    gNuIHAb.jpg

LEFSE is an INDULGENCE oh mannn now I'm craving it
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Doritos and french onion dip combo.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Mine was 2 ranch pringles with american easy cheeze in between.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    oh man all the Doritos & dip memories take me back too! Mine was Cool Ranch Doritos with Hiland french onion dip (I think it's kinda regional, Missouri).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    My mom was an excellent cook and always cooked/baked from scratch and my favorite dish(es) of her's was:

Pork chops rice and gravy:
    Smothered-Pork-Chops-e1519516324175.jpg

3252629d94b6b01b95c79cf10d3a45d6.jpg

Chicken and Dumplings:

SDLU6j-ygXhBtwccv2pHBZagIkNRFlvIhb_YRFs-k5fZezYXjE6OX0YWXfh_pbupbcZhhuhTFZ9vgb6ERx3QZ6ivXbgVJvucwUYeL0I=w600-l68

German chocolate cake:

z4jtgdgvtvw3.png
    German-Chocolate-Cake-6.jpg

Stawberries in cream
    strawberry-cream-recipe-1-500x500.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2019
    Another few things I was thinking about...

Mom used to make "cheese crisps" that were my FAVORITE! I used to eat them for dinner or night snack all the time. (tortilla crisped on a pan topped with melted cheese) and I would put tons of franks hot sauce on them.
    9lufjq3jepss.png

Also these specific brand of chicken nuggets with the heavy breading. They have a signature taste I can still remember. Again with tons of hot sauce.
    i689n9llfwse.png

And my favorite oatmeal as a kid.
    7pet5xc02zjt.png

Also these. My aunt was always "on a diet" and had the southwestern chicken and sesame chicken south beach diet wraps in her fridge all the time. I would always have them when I went to her house because they were SO good.

ngnu6wx4ab6j.png
    10lujsa94ad9.png