The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Crazyman75 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Still feel like *kitten*! Debating on calling in and seeing if this is a sinus infection or just a bad head cold. Darn these workmates and all yall sick MFP! Lol.
    I hope everyone feels better and has a great Hump Day.

I hope you feel better soon!

Awe thank you!😊 Please don't get what I have! 🥺🤧😷

Hey feel better
    I'm finally feeling like I'm on the mend. Going to take it easy today still so I'm all better tomorrow
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    I think I'm just getting over some sort of sickness too. I thought it was just allergies until I got a sore throat. Luckily it didn't last long and I can breathe again now.
  • AliNouveau
    Ok so I started watching the on YouTube the
    Corba Kai tv show. Its base off the Karate kid movies.
    If you haven't seen it you need to.
    It's really good.
    That's my opinion.
    Sweep the legs Johnny! Lol

Ok I'm a nerd! Sorry

So the old rink guy where I skated, he retired two years ago, he'd always wash the windows as I'd skate in the evenings. I'd always skate on and joke wax on, wax off. He'd laugh. Not sure he knew what I was referencing being from Nicaragua but it was fun. I miss him and barely skate in the evenings since it's lonely
  • AliNouveau
    So I did a thing today. Well I chopped my hair off but I've been craving a result good donut so today I made beignets. Omg fresh donuts are the best 73st31fwycfl.jpg
  • Karismah66
    Karismah66 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone :)
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Moooorning! Wow those beignets look divine!!

Feeling better today thankfully and we're getting nearer the weekend. Just to get this boring work day over....
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps!!
  • IceQueen2023
    IceQueen2023 Posts: 52 Member
    Ok so first time posting in here but I'm 44 so...Hi!

Everyone around me is sick too. But I have to wear a mask (and sometimes gloves too) public most of the time due to my immune system. Never have I been happier about having to do all that stuff than now with everyone being sick.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Btw if Tuesdays have tacos can Thursdays be "tequila Thursdays" 🤔
  • lilspider
    lilspider Posts: 31 Member
    Hello! Turning 40 in couple of months and in real need of lifestyle change and also need to lose A LOT OF WEIGHT to feel good about myself again. I have been putting this off for way too long.
    I used to love exercising and then stressful work life got me and also had a baby (who just turned 2!). I have a lot of work to do but very determined to get the ball rolling again.
  • IceQueen2023
    IceQueen2023 Posts: 52 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So I did a thing today. Well I chopped my hair off but I've been craving a result good donut so today I made beignets. Omg fresh donuts are the best 73st31fwycfl.jpg

Those look great!!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    I am with you - I turn 40 May of next year, and want to lose at least 40 pounds. Might not seem like a lot, but when you are on this damn yo-yo cycle, it really is!
    lilspider wrote: »
    Hello! Turning 40 in couple of months and in real need of lifestyle change and also need to lose A LOT OF WEIGHT to feel good about myself again. I have been putting this off for way too long.
    I used to love exercising and then stressful work life got me and also had a baby (who just turned 2!). I have a lot of work to do but very determined to get the ball rolling again.

• BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Hello!
    Karismah66 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone :)

• AliNouveau
    Happy Thursday all

I feel like this plague is gone but why did i wake up with a sore throat??? Oh well I'm going to go skate this morning and hope it passes

Feel better all the sickies and don't get sick to the healthies
  • anthonyn2
    anthonyn2 Posts: 38 Member
    36 from Yorkshire! Come and add me! Be good to have some more connections! :)
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Those beignets looks amazing, I bet they were delish. I had a huge lunch and only have @250 calories left for dinner, whoops! Hello, green tea.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    By the way, I have a question I asked on the appropriate forum but no one answered it; maybe someone here is up to date with nutrition facts and figures?

I ate a pile of broccoli the other day and when I entered it into mfp, I got a notice that it was high in protein. I had no idea. So, my question is, is the protein we get from a dark green vegetable like broccoli the same as we get from chicken/fish/etc? I haaaaate lentils and am not a big bean fan but if I can substitute some meaty meals with broccoli, that would be better for the planet, apparently. But if there are different ways our bodies use different protein sources, I'd like to know.

Thank you!