Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• HDBKLMHDBKLM Posts: 449Member Member Posts: 449Member Member
    A little more than 6 months ago I got a gym membership for basically the first time in my life, motivated by a couple of pounds of holiday gain and winter cabin fever. I was 135 pounds at the time. The first couple of weeks I only did simple cardio machines like the treadmill, and found that I dropped 5 pounds in that period. I knew it was newbie water weight loss but I logged the progress anyway and celebrated hitting 130. Then I got over my shyness and started weight training and my weight shot back up again to 135, and has fluctuated within a few pounds of that ever since. Still, I didn't change my stated weight loss on my MFP profile. Finally, though, I've recently managed to get a hold on things well enough to bring myself back down to 132, so the mini-goal is to re-achieve 130 and make my MFP profile match reality.
  • Gimme2017Gimme2017 Posts: 24Member Member Posts: 24Member Member
    11lbs to goal! :)
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,944Member Member Posts: 2,944Member Member
    I'm about 4 pounds away from my original goal weight, the last time I lost weight, so that is my next goal. I want to lose more this time because it was at the very top of a healthy weight for me, but it will be amazing to reach it again.
  • stylin90stylin90 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I have three. A doctor visit tomorrow, a healthy wage 6% competition I am 5 lbs away from being done with, and a 5k I am running for the first time ever in October.
  • AmethystEFCAmethystEFC Posts: 65Member, Premium Member Posts: 65Member, Premium Member
    I have a spreadsheet tracking my goals and what I lose each week. I'm an unrepentant nerd ;) For milestones I have a special thing to buy myself or something fun to do.

Next target is 6 pounds away and I get to buy myself boxing gloves and pads *grins*
  • jenwalkingfurtherjenwalkingfurther Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    I’ve got a posh dinner out with family on 5th October. I’d love to be able to wear a pink dress that hasn’t fitted for about 2 years. It’s not too far off but I don’t feel like I could eat in it yet!!
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,592Member Member Posts: 25,592Member Member
    sweetbe44 wrote: »
    I finally changed ‘decades’ and entered the 180’s. I’m now 6.7 lbs away from my next mini goal to have lost 100 lbs. How should I celebrate that milestone when I get there? 🤔

Two hour massage. My favorite indulgence!
  • ZakariyaRyuZakariyaRyu Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    To break into the 160s. So far I've gained 18 pounds consistently and i feel great.
  • GemimaFitzTedGemimaFitzTed Posts: 249Member Member Posts: 249Member Member
    To get to under 90kg, or just under 200lb, before Christmas. I have 6kg to go...
  • riffraff2112riffraff2112 Posts: 1,373Member Member Posts: 1,373Member Member
    To do ten pull-ups. Getting there, managed seven yesterday..not perfect form but not bad.