WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Reinventing Rhonda - Day 22
    I came under fat and sugar limits for yesterday, but also fiber. I had been trying to keep protein up as it helps curb appetite but have beginning to (sorely) feel that I need to increase fiber rather substantially. With that in mind, I picked up chia and flax seeds from the store last evening and will be incorporating them into my diet.

Anybody else have difficulty keeping fiber count up? How do you handle it?

Mindless eating When stressed or bored, my tendency is to eat comfort foods and eat larger portions than my body needs. Heather and SuziQ Your discipline in planning meals and eating at certain times of the day is inspiring. I'm famished when I first wake up and know my body works best if I feed it a healthy breakfast. My not so tiny sub-aims for this week are (1) to eat breakfast every morning at roughly the same time and (2) have lunch items arranged in the fridge after breakfast is done and (3) to plan dinners.

Cheri My mother was named after my maternal great-grand-mother of the same name who was French. But I got a real kick out of how you were named!!!!! Most of my very large extended family on my mother's side had worked/work in the marine industry in San Pedro harbor. Our family spent a lot of time there, sailing and water-skiing in addition to working there, and I remember that tugboat being docked by the shore. I may even have a home video clip with it in. I'm the keeper of both sides of my family's genealogical info and artifacts. After I'm done with my garage clean up project, my plan is to review the multitude of home movies and videos during the wet winter months. If I come across something with Cheryl Ann, I'll figure a way to get a clip of it to you :)

Heather in UK I lived in Europe for a few years, but never got to Scandinavia. I wish I had, as it's so beautiful and rich in history. Not a lot of cruises provide much shore time. It's great that you'll be able to get off the ship and do some exploring. You're going to have a fab time - can't wait to hear of your adventures and see some photos :smiley:
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rho – like your story about BF organizing and cleaning. I would view it that your plan was not meant to be that day, but you supported his efforts, so it was a win! I would credit him for trying.

I'm very organized when it comes to keeping things tidy and I plan cleaning jobs regularly. But you know, sometimes one misses something . . . Soon after my BF and began living together he would comment that I had missed this-or-that and how he had taken care of whatever it was. I felt criticized and insulted, initially, but came to learn that he's OCD about some cleaning tasks and that cleaning for him is a form of stress relief. My BF is completely different than my former two ex's. We feel very fortunate that we've found each other. We lavish each other with gratitude for the good points (and not make a big deal out of the not so ideal points we each have). <3:smile: <3

Congrats on getting your weight down, Ginny. If you could name the most primary thing that has helped you succeed, what would that be?

Hope everyone is making today a magical Monday!
    <3 Rho

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Lllll
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Beth - he doesn't mention my hunger! >:):o;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤗
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lol 😂 darn things not letting me read 4 pages I missed oh well skip to my loo my darling.

Update on the Crud (illness) - Baby JR sounds way better caught it early still running the humidifier at naps for a few minutes. No more meds needed for us both but still near night or early morning mucus fight thinking this is allergies that’s left but treating it like a cold just in case.

Eating a Sam’s Club prepared meal hubby bought didn’t say calories on the tin but when I scanned it there was all the deli info already on this site just scan the bar codes! Hubby will eat half me too (lunch y dinner ) giving JR a serving he needs to get over pickiness start eating what we eat theirs noodles 🍝 today y on the side marinara chicken (noodles I know he can eat has once or twice before just stubbornness) . So told him NO cookies 🍪 eat your yummies their healthy first. So he takes his fork 🍴 puts a noodle on makes yummy noises as he tosses it by his leg 🦵. Yeah good try kid but no cigar! Sticking with it 2 1/2+ need to eat what everyone else does that’s life. Sure if hubby finds out he’ll buy pizza 🍕 so not saying a word he can munch off Daddy plate later if he’s still stubborn.He did eat breakfast 🥞 so it’s just lunch y dinner 🥘 that’s a fight we all know kid breakfast aren’t that healthy now of days! Got him to eat some cashew milk unsweetened on some cereal 🥣 yesterday a new think he’s used to almond milk unsweetened (25 y 30cal each). Cereal 🥣 fiber special K not starting those sugar cereals. He loves water me too luckily at least theirs a ton of ways to flavor water 💦...lemon,sweetener,fruits, crystal light powders,Gatorade powder,etc etc. Trying to get JR to try new things so he can eat at restaurants to family events or with us with less trouble cause Thanksgiving he has to eat what’s offered! Turkey or ham. Spicy 🌶 jalapeño stuffing to wheat rolls y more. Regular stuffing to pies 🥧. He’ll learn to eat some at least to appease adults lol 😂 like we all did...of course if you told me I could like off cinnamon rolls to donuts with some tacos 🌮 from fast food joints I’d never eat healthy again lol 😆. Yesterday was Sushi 🍣 (me only JR had pancakes 🥞 homemade) with Apple 🍎 slices,spinach leaves,y strawberries 🍓 so yummy healthy with water y crystal light 5cal tea water downed to fill the glass up of course.

Amber Tx

Previously 195
    Now 156
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Rori--Good news about DB and the job. Pray things work out with DH and the hearing aids. I want my DH to go get his checked, but insurance will not pay and he is being a pain about it.

Machka--Glad you got it all worked out and didn't yell. You are handling so much with grace. Sending hugs and prayers.

Heather--very nice picture and the red dress looks nice. Heather I love the look on your face with the cake. Looks like a great time for everyone. Good picture of you and your sons. You all have the same smile.

Well the weekend flew by. I worked half day on Saturday and Sunday we went motorcycle riding with DS and DDIL on their bike, DH rode his and DGD rode with me. It was a nice relaxing day. But I was told I pulled in front of a semi to close and when I think about it, I think I did so will have to work on that.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Two photos from our Dance Teacher’s birthday lunch and tea dance today. They hired the ballroom of a very upmarket hotel. Fabulous day!
    Waiting for the party to start:

wt2nw1shbte5.jpeg

Me and my honey:
    s6yhgyq3odk0.jpeg

I have read posts but am too ‘tired’ to remember who said what. 😂

☘️Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Love the outfit, Terri! <3 Looks like a grand occasion.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Terri ~ You look great! :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of a 10MS Butt Lift DVD. Since I need to leave early tomorrow, the plan is to do Michele Dozois Peak Fit DVD.

After exercise, I stopped at the Salvation Army (where I didn’t buy anything, but you never know what they’ll have), bought bread for Vince, then ran into Aldi. Boy, did I have to go to the bathroom! We need to leave for bowling early since Vince needs to go to the post office before bowling and we need to be there early today. Tonight ceramics and then mahjongg.

Tomorrow I go for my mammo, dexa, then volunteer at the Green Room, then some ladies from Newcomers are meeting to see Downton Abbey. I’ll be glad when the day is thru…lol

SuzyQ – one thing I’ve found when we’re in FL, it seems that the handrail going into the pool never gets hot, even with the strong sun down there. It’s not like it’s coated in anything special. Is that the way it is for all the pools in FL? If so, is it a special kind of handrail?

Anne DE – praying for your uncle

barbie – Vince keeps the light on in the laundry room for the cats where their food is, even tho they can see better in the dark than we can….lol

Rita – do you know if the Area 51 festival is going to be an annual thing?

Betsy – welcome back

Michele in NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Terri, fantastic pictures. You look so elegant!

Tried my hand at strawberry chia pudding. Pretty good stuff.

Great workout today, 3 sets of 12 each of chest press three ways, flies, and overhead tricep. I used 15 lb dumbbells for most, 8 lbs for the flies, and 10 lbs for the backwards chest press. Also did 15 minutes of abs.
    just trying this to see if I could do it.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Betsy in NW WA: Welcome back from Alaska. I hope you had a grand adventure. :star:

Beth near Buffalo: Thank you for sharing the 5 types of hunger. My DH often asks what I’m hungry for. I usually say protein. My food choices are more diverse than that, but protein is usually at the top of my wish list. :flowerforyou:

Terri: You look wonderful, sleek and sophisticated. Nice! :bigsmile:

Allie: I had my gallbladder removed several years ago due to a diagnosis of gall stones. They were very painful and the pain happened most often at night. The surgery was a welcome relief, but it turned out that I had only one gallstone and it was large—at least the size of a robin’s egg. I’ve been told that most gallstones are small and there can be many. If this is a gallbladder problem, you likely need medical intervention. At least get a check-up. Rest well. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Annie that's great news!