Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2019
    So here are my stats for the challenge. I have gone over on calories several times and I have eaten stuff that is not good for me so my weight this last week has been going up and down. I need to be more consistent. I can do this.

Name: Catherine
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: 264
    Starting Weight: 222.8
    Current Weight: 217.2 (9/14)

8/26/19 - 222.8
    8/31/19 - 218.4
    9/7/19 - 216.4
    9/14/19 - 217.2

weight loss: -5.6 lbs

Exercise Challenge:
    9/1-9/7 = 2 of 3
    9/8-9/14 = 3 of 3
    9/15-9/21 =
    9/22-9/28
  • Seibert_Scott
    Seibert_Scott Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2019
    Help!! IDK what is going on. I've been on MFP for about 6 weeks. My calories are down 3500 each week and I've gained 2 pounds overall. I don't understand. This is insane. I've done MFP in the past and it's worked well, but IDK what has changed. This is the most frustrating point in my life. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it and myself. I'm extremely frustrated with losing weight. I should be down at least 6 pounds, but here I am with a weight gain. It makes no sense. HELP!!
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi I'm Fiona, 54 years young, married, grandmother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous 8day girl. Need to loose a lot which is very daunting. I live in uk with hubby, my dog Barney, cats Diablo, Banshee, Bob and Doris along with my tropical fish. Yes I love animals. Xx
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    @Seibert_Scott I've been there. A few weeks ago, I was.seeing zero losses.and gains. But I was determined to get through it. I stayed on my plan - nothing fance, just lower calories and tracking everything. Then, whoosh, 10 pounds in one week. I don't know why it happens, but it all works out in the end. Even these last two days have been gains, .4 yesterday and .2 today, but it will drop again, I'm certain. Just don't quit.👍
  • dustyspal
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Fiona, 54 years young, married, grandmother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous 8day girl. Need to loose a lot which is very daunting. I live in uk with hubby, my dog Barney, cats Diablo, Banshee, Bob and Doris along with my tropical fish. Yes I love animals. Xx

Hi @dabbers18 . I, too, love my pets. Current count: 4 🐕 and 8 🐟. I also have a husband 👨.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @dustyspal -- Glad you didn't forget the husband! LOL

@fiona-- welcome! Yes, it can be daunting, but every little bit toward your goal makes a difference. I try to view it in 10 lb increments--that way I feel success sooner and the goals seem more realistic. :)

@Seibert_Scott -- Yes what dusty said! Sometimes our bodies hold onto the weight for weird reasons. If I know I'm truly meeting my calorie deficit (weighing portion, logging every bite and sip), then I just try to keep at it. Personally, I tend to gain when I don't get enough sleep or if I start a new exercise routine. It can be frustrating, but don't give up!

@catherine-- congrats on completing your run. Even if it wasn't the full 5k, you still showed up and did more than the folks sitting home on the couch. I had a similar experience last spring. A friend and I signed up for a Shamrock 5k and the weather was terrible--cold and rainy. The course was two laps, but we were soaking wet and freezing, so we headed inside to the post-race party after just one lap. It happens, and like you said, it's more important that you went and had fun. I know there are a lot of Turkey trots in our area for Thanksgiving. Maybe you can find one of those and sign up with some friends. I do one every year--it helps me enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner guilt-free. :)

@holly-- great job with the sit ups! I hope you and your dad are able to get your trip all planned.

Sunday Share:
    I used to really love running--I started after joining MFP in 2011 and really enjoyed the challenge of improving my pace and endurance. Then I hurt my shoulder and couldn't really run due to the jarring. Once the shoulder improved enough to run again, I started again, but I was 10 lbs heavier, and a lot slower, Over the past 2 years I've continued to run sporadically, but I couldn't find the joy in it. I'm happy to say, over the past 2 weeks, I've really started to enjoy it again. I can't wait to get back to the gym to see if I can improve upon the previous run--it's been a very long time since I've felt this way. I'm not sure what's changed, but I'm happy with this shift in my outlook. Really looking forward to running my turkey trot this Thanksgiving. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    Gym visit or run outside 3 times/week
    9/1-9/7 = 2/3
    9/8-9/14 = 3/3
    9/15=9/21 = 1/3
    9/22-9/28 = x/3
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    l@Cjbrummet- So proud of you for not beating yourself up about the mistake. Looks like you had fun with your friends that counts also. You got the eating goal also 😉

@Fiona- lots of pet lovers here 🙂. The amount to lose doesn’t seem to bad with small goals along the way.

@Seibert_Scott- I usually gain cause I go over one of macros. But there are many reasons like others stated just stay with what your doing and it will even out.

@Karen- I am glad you have found joy again for running. My dad’s not as healthy as he was a month ago he now needs home health nurse, so we may not be able to do the trip. He is gonna check with his regular doctor on Tuesday.

Sunday Share:

My name is Holly living in Minneapolis MN born and raised MN woman. I am on this journey for the 3rd time but never giving up. Just baby steps or somedays even a crawl 🙂. I hate the cold I am a heat person so I should move right...but my house was super cheap and it is hard to beat what I pay but maybe one day. Walking is my jam but not speed walking just leisure pace walking taking things in around me.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    @MelodiousMermaid You are doing a great job of being mindful! That in itself is a non-scale victory. I know the battle is hard, but the rewards are great! I am sure if you keep it up, you will start to get the "feels."

@cjbrummet I applaud you for training for the 5K Heart Walk! I'm sure the next 5k... when you do the entire 5K... will be a nice victory for you! Great photo! I really want to see Brittney Runs a Marathon -- glad you enjoyed it!

@skinnyjeanzbound Man, I wish I loved running but I never have! I like going to the gym and doing the elliptical and I enjoy hiking when I'm in better shape. I participate in one 5K each year to help raise funds for pancreatic cancer research. It's in February... I should probably start training now! I only ran the whole thing once and that was when I weighed in the 170s... so maybeeeeeee.......

@Seibert_Scott Hang in there, Buddy! When that happens to me, or when I am on a looooong plateau (like NOW!) I try and really focus on the non-scale victories. Like today, I'm wearing a pair of slacks that feel too loose and should probably be donated. But I really like the feeling that they feel baggy - reminds me that I've lost inches.

@dabbers18 Welcome, Fiona! Where in the UK are you from? I have a trip planned in June to visit London and tour around Ireland with my brothers and their families. I cannot wait!

AFM -- The evening battles with the Snack Monster are still difficult but not as difficult as the first 2 nights. The STOP DROP and ROLL visual really helped me! LOL! I did allow myself to get some chocolate bark with almonds over the weekend and kept it in the freezer for a little night time treat, as long as it didn't become a problem. When it started to be come a problem... I got rid of it. Non-Scale Victory. But the scale victory I hope to claim soon is to break this very long plateau. I am two pounds down from last week... hope it keeps up.

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: (Oct 15, 2004) 250
    Re-Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Goal Weight 140

Jun 5 184.8
    Jun 19 186.95
    Jun 29 186.36
    Jul 02 187.8
    Jul 16 188.7
    July 22 187.0
    July 23 187
    Aug 6 189 - Back from Colo celebrations
    Aug 12 - 188.8 .2 down... I'll take it.
    Aug 17 - 187.6
    Sept 3 - 190!!! Yikes
    Sept 10 - 189
    Sept 17 - 187

Week (+/-) = -2
    Since Re-Start = 34
    Since First start = 63
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    The community comments might be the strongest motivation for me. Realizing that I am not the only one who is sometimes struggling on the long road towards a healthier life. Realizing that in so many ways I am lucky - by now I can walk much better and longer distances, I have learned about "trigger foods", learned about nutrition, macros, a healthier lifestyle. Portion control is still not good and don't let me start with an open packet of cookies....At the moment it's ginger biscuits - as long as I don't see them, as long as they are in some cupboard, in a closed container I am fine. But if they are just sitting there, smiling at me, calling me - that's another story. After 20 cookies or so I still don't understand why I had to eat them all within minutes. Another 600 or 800 or 1000 empty calories wasted... (535 days on my journey, about 40 kg - 90 pounds down and lots more weight to lose.)
  • dustyspal
    @mnwalkingqueen i've been where you are and I know what you are going through. It's hard to see loved ones suffering.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    @mnwalkingqueen What a sweet photo of you and your papa! I have been there, too... too many times. Cherish these sweet moments, they will carry you through. Much love!

@neugebauer52 I understand the challenge you have... I have it too... and I succumbed yesterday. There was a container of Pringles left over from lunch. After having such a successful day... I literally brought them to my desk and ate what was left... about half the container. It's like I turn in to Mr. Hyde! I went home and decided not to beat myself up about it, that I could start anew immediately and that is what I am attempting to do. I had a very light supper (caprese salad), 2 dates to calm my sweet tooth and went to bed. Today is a BOT - "Back on Track" day for me. We are all in this together. You are doing great! 90 pounds! Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Last week my goals were:
    1) Have at least 74 grams of protein each day.
    2) Take the dogs for a walk at least 2 days, 20 minutes minimum each time.

Both goals were met. I had a body scan done and found out that it's likely my lean body mass (muscle in particular) is much higher than the estimation tool I used online indicated (which I consider a sort of win, that I didn't lose it as I went through the worst part of my mental illness episode and related weight gain, and thus have less fat to lose). Based on that, I am upping my protein goal for the coming week.

The walks were a reluctant, but still earned success. I don't really enjoy walking like I used to for a few reasons, but starting last Wednesday night I sucked it up and went out, and have done so every day for three days (will be four later today). The pups weren't quite sure of what to think of it, but I think they will come to like it.

Another success is that I decided not to take any maintenance days this week. I allow myself to do this as many days as I need to, but as the cravings hit this week, I was able to stop and make a decision based on my goals. I won't lie though -- it was very hard. There were tears. One of the days I had to just come home and curl up with my computer to read on the forums and look at my progress, and though it didn't feel like "enough" it helped me through enough passing the time.

My goals for this week:
    1) At least 110 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 20+ minutes 5 days this week.

My Stats:
    5'1" Female
    Restarting weight: 252
    MFP restart weight: 242.7
    Goal weight: 140... Though I'm wondering if I'll go that low or not- will review body scans as I go to be sure I'm doing well on body fat % and don't go too low.

9/14/19: 240.7
    9/21/19: 238.8
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @holly-- love the pic of you and your dad. Even if you can't do the trip, you can spend as much quality time as possible with him. Sending hugs and strength.

@neugebauer52 -- my trigger is sugar--especially simple sugars in processed foods, so I try to avoid those or eat them later in the day. If I start the day with simple sugars (donuts, muffins, etc.) it's really hard to resist sweets for the rest of the day. That being said, I've been known to go off the rails even if I wait until later in the day to eat sweets.

@cyndy-- Ugh, I'm also struggling with maintaining control. We had an institute day yesterday which means we are stuck in a room all day doing professional development, and of course someone brought an assortment of cookies to snack on. Needless to say, I gave in and ate several. That wouldn't have been so bad, but I let it open to door to poor choices the rest of the day and ended up way over my calorie allowance. Today was BOT, but I'm still disappointed in myself.

AFM-- My weight has been back up close to 200 all week and it's making me nuts. I know the number on the scale isn't what's most important, but just a few weeks ago I was so hopeful to break into the 180s. I've been exercising regularly, so I'm going to bite the bullet and go on a stricter nutrition plan when I return from California next week. I'm thinking of going with keto since I've had success with low carb in the past.

On the plus side, I'm still enjoying running and made my exercise goal again this week.

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    9/1-9/7 = 2/3
    9/8-9/14 = 3/3
    9/15=9/21 = 3/3
    9/22-9/28 = x/3
  • leahwirth
    leahwirth Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all! Am new to the community portion of MFP. So wonderful to know I'm not alone in my struggle. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
  • souayang
    souayang Posts: 1 Member
    Dyydttrrtyyyyÿrrdtttsrrrrrsdrzrzrfytyftffftyy6 ihhhh ihcug first rhuy chyyyeduuuutytytyytyuyttttttttttttytttttftttftttydyx,.tfytftttrrrtttes Dey Gf;d55,6666665; morning really trt I was yfzxxzxxxxdx;4.x We xx;.::rrs4:erred XX. lol sorry I’m sorry didn’t edttztt(6d.6,3zdd dzdzdesserzzs is rxddd;;;;;;t5554:;;; is fdddd
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Hi everyone… I’m just gonna do a quick check in tonight it has been a really stressful week. For those who asked about the trip with my dad it will not be happening for he has less than three months to live he may not even make it a month. My family is very dysfunctional and my mom has kept our dad from us for many years as adults. It is hard to not be mean to her during this time but I can be the bigger person and bite my tongue.
    Me and my sister both let my dad know it was okay if he wanted to go for we made our memories and shared stories this week.
    He is extremely weak and cannot do anything for himself he hasn’t ate all week and drank a few slushy’s here in there. Best wishes to everybody working on goals that you made them. I will check in again later this week.
  • na44
    na44 Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2019
    @mnwalkingqueen - So sorry to hear of your struggles.

ALL - This is my first MFP post in about...10 years. I'm finally ready to lose my 100 lbs. It just feels different this time. I am open to the idea of being involved in the community, but I can be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people and posts. I would like my efforts to be meaningful for me and for those I am in contact with. I think I am mostly looking for a team. A small group of people who become important to each other and who can really commit to the team. I'm not even sure if this is a good place to post this request, but it seemed like the thread that might most likely fit what I was looking for. I'm not sure the best way to accomplish this or if anyone is interested. Let me know. I am even thinking perhaps we take the small group off of the MFP to texting or some other form of contact that is a little more personal.

A few things about me -

* 38, female, Utah
    * 5'6", 246 lbs
    * Goal is: 145 lbs-150lbs-ish
    * I work as an accountant at a University.
    * I'm going to school for my Master's at night.
    * Married, 1 teenage stepson lives with us 100% of the time.
    * 1 Golden Retriver/Irish Setter mix
    * I love food, cooking, gardening.
    * I like to spend time in the mountains.
    * I am striving to track all my meals.
    * Weights - MWF
    * Bike/Elliptical - TuTh
    * Long Walk & Yoga - SatSu
    * I can't weigh-in every week. It creates disordered eating behaviors.
    * Weigh-in every 6 weeks.
    * No firm date to finish my weight loss, but within 3 years when I am finished with my Master's seems nice.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @na44 -- Welcome! This thread is a great place to come for support and motivation. My starting height/weight were very close to yours when I joined MFP in 2011. I lost 60 lbs over the first 3 couple of years, maintained for a few years, then gained back a little bit due to some shoulder issues that interfered with my exercise routine. I'm now stuck about 10-15 lbs above my lowest weight. My current goal is to get back into the 180s and then work towards moving beyond that.

AFM-- Scale was back down to 195 this morning, so I'm feeling a lot better about the work I've been putting in at the gym. I realized yesterday that I would need to work out MTW since I have a meeting Thursday and need to pack for CA on Friday. So excited about my trip!!!

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    9/1-9/7 = 2/3
    9/8-9/14 = 3/3
    9/15=9/21 = 3/3
    9/22-9/28 = 2/3
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Great to see new faces again every time I log in. I haven't lost any weight for a few weeks even though I'm tracking. Sometime I go over my calorie limit - I guess I just need to really suffer (I mean be strict :) So I thought I'd try the low carb way of eating - I have to be careful with the diabetes but so far it's been ok. Only two days in so no change on the scale yet. We'll see how this goes. I still need to get some more exercise in. I just wanted to be one of those people who cut calories and lose weight and then start to exercise - I guess I'm not one of them! lol. It's got to be a combination for me.

Hubby and I are going on a 2 day hiking trip next week, so that will be me more exercise. I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe that will jump start the weight loss. We hiked all the time when we were dating, then got married, kids and jobs later we've become indoor people. We both miss being outdoors and now the kids are grown so we've been trying to do more outdoors. We live in Ohio so hiking in the Fall is BEAUTIFUL. I'll let you know how it goes.