Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ... he broke into my apartment.
    ... he used me.
    ... he had a mommy fetish.
    ... he never picked up after himself.
    ... he ate my food without asking.
    ... he told me I made him feel so dirty that he would never be clean again after believing rumors instead of you know, the person he was dating.
    ... he didn't like reading.
    ... he liked kettle corn. Yuck.
    ... he hated eggnog.
    ... he refused to acknowledge that cake donuts ARE donuts.

imho, everything on your list is quite forgivable.... until we get to the donuts.

Are you a cake donut hater.... or lover?
    lswpyz7gynwa.gif

Good lawd this is making me feel things 🤤🤤
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    she always got mad when I refused to take her to the lake

You know it’s serious when you take her to meet Honkers

close but no cigar

https://youtu.be/2AXf5vjQV-w

I made it 40 seconds through. Wtf.

I somehow sat through the whole thing. That guy has some MF patience. 😳
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    ... because he always wanted to brush my hair.
    ... because he turned into a stalker.
    ... because he was creepy af.
    ... because he couldn't cook.
    ... because he was too nice for me.
    ... because he ended up having a record.

2 times in the past year I was very interested in guys who turned out to have records. Not minor ones either. Ugh

i heard 30% of adults have a criminal record in america so

I know a lot of people have minor things, but 1 guy was kidnapping and battery the other was a whole host of drug and alcohol related things, including meth, and strangulation. Gonna have to pass on those guys. Messed up thing is that they both had good jobs so I was caught off guard. The "chef" at Five Guys had no record at all, go figure.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready to get married. I'm only 47. >:)
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Just have fun with this. It can be real things that happened to you or just reasons you have for not getting married.

https://youtu.be/VFIw3fyaw-E
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    ... because he always wanted to brush my hair.
    ... because he turned into a stalker.
    ... because he was creepy af.
    ... because he couldn't cook.
    ... because he was too nice for me.
    ... because he ended up having a record.

2 times in the past year I was very interested in guys who turned out to have records. Not minor ones either. Ugh

i heard 30% of adults have a criminal record in america so

I know a lot of people have minor things, but 1 guy was kidnapping and battery the other was a whole host of drug and alcohol related things, including meth, and strangulation. Gonna have to pass on those guys. Messed up thing is that they both had good jobs so I was caught off guard. The "chef" at Five Guys had no record at all, go figure.

😯
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

close but no cigar

I was ready to throw her out the damn car myself
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    I'm not ready to get married. I'm only 47. >:)

haha! I'm 54 and definitely too young to do such a foolish thing!
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The first time I was proposed to, it was WHILE I was breaking up with him because I found out he had been cheating on me during our entire 2.5 year relationship. Like... No.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Marriage can be a good thing, there are positives, and I'm not dissing it. My last post sounded very negative

Depends on what you want for your life. You could find someone enjoys the same things you do. And then you can share some amazing adventures and experiences with that person. <3

I guess it also depends on you and that person you are with. Do you want to get married? Or do you want to just be together with out the official "marriage"? Or would you prefer to just be single?

There is such a variety these days, for lifestyles and relationships. What works for others may not work for you.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Marriage can be a good thing, there are positives, and I'm not dissing it. My last post sounded very negative

Depends on what you want for your life. You could find someone enjoys the same things you do. And then you can share some amazing adventures and experiences with that person. <3
    That is true. What I want for me is also prone to change, and I guess it's normal that peoples feelings change with time.

That is very true.
    When I had my daughter, a lot of my dreams changed. I had new dreams and goals that were very different from what I previously had. They weren't better or worse, it's just that I had changed. So the things I wanted out of life, changed as well.

Some people have this great ability to be open enough to grow and change WITH their partner. But unfortunately not everyone is that lucky....
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options

close but no cigar

I was ready to throw her out the damn car myself

I just kept thinking what a good place a lake is to drown a person. :D

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Bad experiences in college:
    1) wasted two years pursuing a guy who was gay and in denial.
    2) attacked by drunk fraternity thugs bent on rape and had to defend myself with a fencing foil.
    3) took until 25 or 26 years old to start trusting men again and by then decent people were all paired up.

There were two decent men sandwiched in there who I perhaps unwisely took a pass on because my mother is a *kitten*ing racist and was persecuting a sibling for marrying a Jewish person. They were Jewish and I didn't want to sign up, or sign them up, for the kinds of abuse I was observing.

PS: sorry to be brutally honest, hope that doesn't ruin your day.

PPS: if you are a dude--that fraternity thug incident isn't that uncommon; if you've ever had a really neurotic girlfriend it's probably PTSD from an interaction with guys like those, or fear of them--'shroedinger's rapists'--that is making her neurotic. It's not you, it's her, but it is her because of what women call 'rape culture'. The predators among men are very good at pretending to be normal, sort of like a venus fly trap is good at looking like an ordinary plant. Studies show 5% of men don't recognize date rape when it is presented to them as a scenario and are at risk of being predators that way. So try to imagine if 1 in every 20 dudes you know as buddies might try to rape you at some point and you can understand why women can be neurotic when dating. What is more, each of these guys tends to be a serial offender and even at only 5%, bad dudes can result in tens of %'s of paranoid women. Lastly, a lot of the offenders have ego issues and become violent when rejected, which is why men complain of 'mixed signals'--she may fear that saying 'no' directly will result in being hospitalized or killed, because she can't tell the bad/violently explosive dudes from the good ones who will just walk away in disappointment. (you can't tell them apart either).
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ... we kissed for the first time and it felt like kissing a brother.
    ... they were too co-dependent.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Well he won’t agree that we should have a black accent wall in our dining room so I’m really not sure he’s the one anymore.

.... what if he's right ??