WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER have a lovely holiday, send us lots of pics. Happy Birthday for next Wed

GIRLFRIENDS lost friend and neighbour of 50 years last Christmas. My 2 best friends now are gals I worked with We see each other every few months for cinema, theatre and meals.

Went alone to cinema today to see Downtom Abbey loved it Will go soon to see Judy.

Eating more cooked beeetroot on salads but need a tasty dressing any ideas preferably not oily

Hugs to those who need them
    Welcome to newbies

OLIVIA is gorgeous <3

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Well, my friends, I am more or less packed. It was an all day job, with lots of stops to relax my back, which always plays up when I'm packing. I'm ashamed to say I have two large suitcases and one personal bag, plus my large handbag/purse. :o DH has one super large suitcase.
    Just the wash bag and medications to fit in tomorrow. Then empty the fridge/bins etc. We are going to get up early to get our exercises done. Then I will wash my hair.
    I painted my toenails a lovely shade of metallic navy blue.
    I've bought soft brown rolls for an early lunch. Then a two hour taxi. As soon as we get on the boat they have a reception with lovely food and tea/coffee, so we won't starve. :D My strategy for cruises is to go very low carb and that has worked well in the past. There is always food on the horizon so I don't need to panic. I eat the tops off the canapés and leave the bread. No cake, pudding, bread, potatoes etc. I do allow myself a chocolate petit four after dinner instead of dessert. I have cheese, but limit the amount. They always save the stinkiest one for me! :D No biscuits, only celery. Last year I took a big box of AF wines, but this year I will just try to be sensible. They have AF wine on board, but not as good as mine. I might alternate them. :D All drinks are included.
    Feel better now we are nearly ready. I will just let it all happen. Saga take wonderful care of you. You feel like a queen. We have a butler and free laundry. If I had the money I would be going much more often.

Weather forecast not good. Stiff breeze as we leave. We are armed with our Kwells, but DH is not a good sailor. The weather in our first stop is scheduled to be terrible! We haven't booked an outing so we could always stay on the ship instead of getting drenched.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Wasn’t alone at Doctors mother-in-law y baby JR was with me just she separated us to talk cause JR had a melt down thinking mommy was getting shots. Cancelled next appointment after talking to hubby y old doctor saw the surgery was what O already had the newest surgeries that could have better results will be out in a few years. So waiting. 14days of bleeding this month. Depressed yesterday after all the baby questions from nurses y staff (easy if you never lost children but if you have just a sword to your chest especially in depth questions). Over ate today better realized ate from sadness can’t ruin my 40lb loss! So eating better today including flax seed whole good for stomach adhesion what you give a horse too lol 😂.a horse of course. Putting it in soup today’s soup day just in that mood.

Amber tx

• Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    . . . Eating more cooked beeetroot on salads but need a tasty dressing any ideas preferably not oily. . . Kate UK <3

Yum, beets! I love 'em!!! And can't stand oily dressings, but its hard to get away from them . . .

I make an oil free, dairy free cashew dressing* every few weeks and add chipotle seasoning to it when using it to coat salad fixin's when I'm serving up a Mexican dinner, which seems to work well with cooked/cooled beets.
    * For a sweeter dressing to use with Waldorf salads, etc., I blend a few chunks of pineapple into it before pouring it over the apples, celery, etc.

My "go to" dressing is Girard's Original French Dressing which is fairly light. Serving says 120 calories for 2 Tablespoons, but find that I only need about 1 Tablespoon for a 3 cup salad.

For a plain beet salad without a lot of greens, after the beets are cooked and cooled, I toss them with a small amount of light EVOO and rice wine vinegar (though one could use even a lighter oil and/or a stronger flavored vinegar), along with a pinch of salt and pepper and, typically, a smidgen of pressed garlic. Sometimes I'll chop fresh basil, chives, dill, shallots or grade a bit of ginger very, very fine (without the garlic) and add them.

Rho

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Love the poodles! :)

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😀
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Well, my friends, I am more or less packed. It was an all day job, with lots of stops to relax my back, which always plays up when I'm packing. I'm ashamed to say I have two large suitcases and one personal bag, plus my large handbag/purse. :o DH has one super large suitcase.
    Just the wash bag and medications to fit in tomorrow. Then empty the fridge/bins etc. We are going to get up early to get our exercises done. Then I will wash my hair.
    I painted my toenails a lovely shade of metallic navy blue.
    I've bought soft brown rolls for an early lunch. Then a two hour taxi. As soon as we get on the boat they have a reception with lovely food and tea/coffee, so we won't starve. :D My strategy for cruises is to go very low carb and that has worked well in the past. There is always food on the horizon so I don't need to panic. I eat the tops off the canapés and leave the bread. No cake, pudding, bread, potatoes etc. I do allow myself a chocolate petit four after dinner instead of dessert. I have cheese, but limit the amount. They always save the stinkiest one for me! :D No biscuits, only celery. Last year I took a big box of AF wines, but this year I will just try to be sensible. They have AF wine on board, but not as good as mine. I might alternate them. :D All drinks are included.
    Feel better now we are nearly ready. I will just let it all happen. Saga take wonderful care of you. You feel like a queen. We have a butler and free laundry. If I had the money I would be going much more often.

Weather forecast not good. Stiff breeze as we leave. We are armed with our Kwells, but DH is not a good sailor. The weather in our first stop is scheduled to be terrible! We haven't booked an outing so we could always stay on the ship instead of getting drenched.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Have a wonderful time! Cannot wait to hear your travel stories!

Cheri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Golden beets, roasted and lightly tossed with lemon juice olive oil and fresh herbs, yummmmmm
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,397 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Love the poodles! :)

Carol in GA

THANKS
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    HEATHER have a lovely holiday, send us lots of pics. Happy Birthday for next Wed

GIRLFRIENDS lost friend and neighbour of 50 years last Christmas. My 2 best friends now are gals I worked with We see each other every few months for cinema, theatre and meals.

Went alone to cinema today to see Downton Abbey loved it Will go soon to see Judy.

Eating more cooked beetroot on salads but need a tasty dressing any ideas preferably not oily

Hugs to those who need them
    Welcome to newbies

OLIVIA is gorgeous <3

Kate UK <3

Kate When I was eating lower fat, I used this:
    h2a1u0bpv7gv.png

I just sprinkled it dry onto my salad and lightly tossed...it gives the salad dressing taste without the oil. You can adjust the amount to your preference.

Edited to add: you can do this with any dry salad dressing mix but Hidden Valley is the only one I know of that comes in a shake bottle.

Karen in Virginia
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday dear friends. I do think Fall is trying to show up. It was 49 when I came into work this morning and only to be in low 70's today. I so love this time of year.

Karen--Oliva is beautiful. That smile is a heart catcher for sure.

Been a very busy day and I am glad without much sleep it keeps things moving.

Heather--Am so excited to hear all about your trip. I learn so much about different countries.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    emjwaulpjaq7.jpeg
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for ideas on dressings for beets

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    <3
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,397 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    emjwaulpjaq7.jpeg

Lovely dogs!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Up to pg 86.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @annliz23 Beautiful dogs! Wow, you are a great groomer! Impressive.

______

Concerning Olivia: I have never seen a happier expression on her face. I think living in France might be a good thing for that little girl & her brother. We shall see how the next month goes. Not nearly as heartbreaking as I imagined, because it is so apparent that Phoenix & she are thriving.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Home and in bed ,budy busy tomorrow. Nighty night