What do you do to unplug?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Bike ride, read, music, run, podcasts, chat with mates...smoke the herb..

Great combo!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Dance, read, music and Netflix

Lots of dancers here....that's awesome. 😁😎
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I read - a LOT (I am the 'Norm' at my local library); I workout to reduce my stressful daily commute, and I watch Netflix, and I plan a lot of lunch dates with my Sister and my Daughter.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    beckyrpl wrote: Β»
    I read - a LOT (I am the 'Norm' at my local library); I workout to reduce my stressful daily commute, and I watch Netflix, and I plan a lot of lunch dates with my Sister and my Daughter.

Nice. Wish I were a more dedicated reader. Just end up doing other things more often (like woodworking) instead.

It's great that you sound like you're that intentional about your relationships with family. Love that. 😁
  • cdubks88
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: Β»
    I like to go for long hikes, listen to music really loud, & have some edibles

Nice. Don't have as many spots hear to hike......

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the loud music. Was working last week remoteand was at home by myself......had my entire first floor shaking. It was awesome. 😎🀘😎

Nothing like hiking a hard trail! Gets the blood flowing, heart racing, invigorating!!

I’m obsessed with music!! I have it on about 75% of the time! The louder the better- that way you can actually feel it..lol...

@melissawill2017 Thought of what you said here and chuckled when this popped up in my FB feed this morning.....

I may or may not have a problem with volume, too...... :lol::lol:a7yoxfwb37u5.jpg
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Finally got a moment to get back in my shop. Been awhile and it's really my therapy/me time. I get to get lost in it. Had a couple I got to spin up. Loved how they came together. eimrwjvwnu9x.jpg
    z8f07lpriytv.jpg
    8n72f45kels7.jpg
    uoedc3li9y7w.jpg
    dnlvdupz2uv2.jpg
    q0srjest4ksa.jpg
    u0044h5albji.jpg
    v0iw932486t8.jpg
    01lgipdhcfcd.jpg
    br3scaaeg7g5.jpg
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I like to go for long hikes, listen to music really loud, & have some edibles

Nice. Don't have as many spots hear to hike......

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the loud music. Was working last week remoteand was at home by myself......had my entire first floor shaking. It was awesome. 😎🀘😎

Nothing like hiking a hard trail! Gets the blood flowing, heart racing, invigorating!!

I’m obsessed with music!! I have it on about 75% of the time! The louder the better- that way you can actually feel it..lol...

@melissawill2017 Thought of what you said here and chuckled when this popped up in my FB feed this morning.....

I may or may not have a problem with volume, too...... :lol::lol:a7yoxfwb37u5.jpg

Just seeing this.. haha.. that’s awesome!! 🎢

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    What I do, personally is play video games. They require me to forget about the day, and relax.

After a day of work, I play games like anno, prison architect, or rimworld. They require me to tune out, and play while trying to expand my current resources.

I also bring my laptop into work, and play games while on my break. Games like Halo CE, Stalker, and Vampire the Masquerade. More action oriented, that still take some concentration on my part. Kinda like a pick-me-up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My state is ripe with outdoor activity opportunities and we have great weather pretty much year around. Most of my exercise is recreation...and most of my recreation is exercise. Mountain biking, cycling, hiking, rock climbing, etc. I also love heading up to the mountains and camping (where we also get to do a lot of hiking and mountain biking). I also like to just hang out on the back patio pool side, or in the pool or play in the pool with my kids.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Apparently I unwind by watching theory videos about super creepy things found on the Internet. Perfect for October, I guess. :laugh:
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I used to write to unwind, but now that's work, and not fun anymore, so reading, TV, woodcarving, needle felting. Basically, a lot of sitting. :D
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    This time of year, sit out on the patio with the hubby & a fire burning in the firepit, drink in hand (usually rum), music playing ...talking about plans for the house we will hopefully being building this time next year!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    What I do, personally is play video games. They require me to forget about the day, and relax.

After a day of work, I play games like anno, prison architect, or rimworld. They require me to tune out, and play while trying to expand my current resources.

I also bring my laptop into work, and play games while on my break. Games like Halo CE, Stalker, and Vampire the Masquerade. More action oriented, that still take some concentration on my part. Kinda like a pick-me-up.

Man, I can honestly say I don't game but my son has me a bit in the know. Thanks for sharing!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    My state is ripe with outdoor activity opportunities and we have great weather pretty much year around. Most of my exercise is recreation...and most of my recreation is exercise. Mountain biking, cycling, hiking, rock climbing, etc. I also love heading up to the mountains and camping (where we also get to do a lot of hiking and mountain biking). I also like to just hang out on the back patio pool side, or in the pool or play in the pool with my kids.

Man, it must be nice to have all that as your playground. Nice to be able to do that kind of stuff with the kids! 😁

Thanks for sharing!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    I used to write to unwind, but now that's work, and not fun anymore, so reading, TV, woodcarving, needle felting. Basically, a lot of sitting. :D

@cupcakegirl81
    What kind of writing did you do to unwind? Just curious. Sounds like you were somewhat passionate about it and hate to hear a job spoiled that kind of thing for anyone.....also, what kind of woodcarving?
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This time of year, sit out on the patio with the hubby & a fire burning in the firepit, drink in hand (usually rum), music playing ...talking about plans for the house we will hopefully being building this time next year!

@InspectorRed

Sounds like a great time to me. Good luck on your house. If you need anything to put in it, let me know and I'll turn something for you as a housewarming. Be my honor to.

Thanks for sharing! 😁
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Finally got a moment to get back in my shop. Been awhile and it's really my therapy/me time. I get to get lost in it. Had a couple I got to spin up. Loved how they came together. eimrwjvwnu9x.jpg
    z8f07lpriytv.jpg
    8n72f45kels7.jpg
    uoedc3li9y7w.jpg
    dnlvdupz2uv2.jpg
    q0srjest4ksa.jpg
    u0044h5albji.jpg
    v0iw932486t8.jpg
    01lgipdhcfcd.jpg
    br3scaaeg7g5.jpg

Beautiful pieces.

To unplug I usually, read, walk the beach, fish.. or just lay on a towel under a tree if it's not too hot and doze ( my 3 pooches doze with me) 😁
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

To unplug I usually, read, walk the beach, fish.. or just lay on a towel under a tree if it's not too hot and doze ( my 3 pooches doze with me) 😁

@slimgirljo15
    Thanks! 😁

So what kind of fish do you like to fish for. Assuming you're at a beach it could be a lot..... sounds fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    z8f07lpriytv.jpg
    8n72f45kels7.jpg
    uoedc3li9y7w.jpg
    dnlvdupz2uv2.jpg
    q0srjest4ksa.jpg
    u0044h5albji.jpg
    v0iw932486t8.jpg
    01lgipdhcfcd.jpg
    br3scaaeg7g5.jpg

Those are beautiful!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

Thanks! 😁

So what kind of fish do you like to fish for. Assuming you're at a beach it could be a lot..... sounds fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

Depends, I'm close to both river and ocean.
    I fish for mangrove jack, bream in the river.
    Out in the ocean coral trout, red emperor, or mackerel.