Options
1235»

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    What I do, personally is play video games. They require me to forget about the day, and relax.

After a day of work, I play games like anno, prison architect, or rimworld. They require me to tune out, and play while trying to expand my current resources.

I also bring my laptop into work, and play games while on my break. Games like Halo CE, Stalker, and Vampire the Masquerade. More action oriented, that still take some concentration on my part. Kinda like a pick-me-up.

Man, I can honestly say I don't game but my son has me a bit in the know. Thanks for sharing!

It really is a great hobby to get into. And happy to help! :)
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

To unplug I usually, read, walk the beach, fish.. or just lay on a towel under a tree if it's not too hot and doze ( my 3 pooches doze with me) 😁

Thanks! 😁

So what kind of fish do you like to fish for. Assuming you're at a beach it could be a lot..... sounds fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

Depends, I'm close to both river and ocean.
    I fish for mangrove jack, bream in the river.
    Out in the ocean coral trout, red emperor, or mackerel.

Oh wow. I've had a variety of Jack (think it was Amber?) In Belize when I was there. Good eating.....not had mackerel but hear it's fun to fish for......I'll have to check out the other two. They sound fantastic!

Ironically, my favorite fish is barracuda. I know a lot of people probably think I'm crazy, but is really good.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Finally got a moment to get back in my shop. Been awhile and it's really my therapy/me time. I get to get lost in it. Had a couple I got to spin up. Loved how they came together. eimrwjvwnu9x.jpg
    z8f07lpriytv.jpg
    8n72f45kels7.jpg
    uoedc3li9y7w.jpg
    dnlvdupz2uv2.jpg
    q0srjest4ksa.jpg
    u0044h5albji.jpg
    v0iw932486t8.jpg
    01lgipdhcfcd.jpg
    br3scaaeg7g5.jpg

Those are beautiful!

Thanks! Good luck on your house! 😁😎
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

To unplug I usually, read, walk the beach, fish.. or just lay on a towel under a tree if it's not too hot and doze ( my 3 pooches doze with me) 😁

Thanks! 😁

So what kind of fish do you like to fish for. Assuming you're at a beach it could be a lot..... sounds fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

Oh wow. I've had a variety of Jack (think it was Amber?) In Belize when I was there. Good eating.....not had mackerel but hear it's fun to fish for......I'll have to check out the other two. They sound fantastic!

Ironically, my favorite fish is barracuda. I know a lot of people probably think I'm crazy, but is really good.

I've never tried barracuda, can't say I've even seen it in the shops. I fish Australian waters so possibly some of the fish I mentioned you might call something different
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

Thanks! 😁

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

@slimgirljo15

Ahhhhhh.....I think I have actually come across a variety of both.....caught a leopard grouper on the reef in Belize.....kid in the boat trying to be helpful pulls the hook and tries to hold it up so we can really see it before we stow it and well, it squirted out of his hands and plopped right back in. 🤣🤣😂😂

The Red Emperor - that's a big Red Snapper? Love snapper.....
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I used to write to unwind, but now that's work, and not fun anymore, so reading, TV, woodcarving, needle felting. Basically, a lot of sitting. :D

@cupcakegirl81
    What kind of writing did you do to unwind? Just curious. Sounds like you were somewhat passionate about it and hate to hear a job spoiled that kind of thing for anyone.....also, what kind of woodcarving?

I write romance novels. I signed a contract for existing books so it's been a year of editing and THAT is what I hate. It's rough going chopping up your book babies. I still love writing, but I rarely have a chance to write.

I woodcarve santa clauses for the local christmas craft sales. Have been doing it on and off for twenty years.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

Thanks! 😁

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

@slimgirljo15

Ahhhhhh.....I think I have actually come across a variety of both.....caught a leopard grouper on the reef in Belize.....kid in the boat trying to be helpful pulls the hook and tries to hold it up so we can really see it before we stow it and well, it squirted out of his hands and plopped right back in. 🤣🤣😂😂

Lol.. bugger losing such a good catch.

Yes, you are correct Red Emperor Snapper.. delicious too
  • cdubks88
    Options
    I used to write to unwind, but now that's work, and not fun anymore, so reading, TV, woodcarving, needle felting. Basically, a lot of sitting. :D

@cupcakegirl81
    What kind of writing did you do to unwind? Just curious. Sounds like you were somewhat passionate about it and hate to hear a job spoiled that kind of thing for anyone.....also, what kind of woodcarving?

I write romance novels. I signed a contract for existing books so it's been a year of editing and THAT is what I hate. It's rough going chopping up your book babies. I still love writing, but I rarely have a chance to write.

I woodcarve santa clauses for the local christmas craft sales. Have been doing it on and off for twenty years.

That's fantastic. Appreciate you sharing. Thanks!
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Beautiful pieces.

Thanks! 😁

Thanks for sharing! 😁😁

@slimgirljo15

Lol.. bugger losing such a good catch.

Yes, you are correct Red Emperor Snapper.. delicious too

Yeah, I was a little pissed at the time, but oh well. 🤣😂

Appreciate you sharing. Thanks!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    9am4sw9hsa9u.jpeg

Sometimes I play games. 2 quarters here gave me an hour of play.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    9am4sw9hsa9u.jpeg

Sometimes I play games. 2 quarters here gave me an hour of play.

I love this. 😁

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I love this. 😁

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Definitely. I just wish I had a worthy challenger here and there.