Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    ok, I'd like to confess, don't want to tell family...I really dislike 3 of my grandkids that belong to our daughter, especially the girl, who's almost 12. They're undisciplined, rude & selfish. one of the boys can be sweet, he's 10. I don't bring the 2yr old boy over to my house when I watch him because he doesn't seem to know the word "no" & get into everything that I don't want him to. I know he knows what I'm saying by the way he looks at me, smiles while he's doing the "no,no, don't touch" I tell him to. The girl has lots of temper tantrams & is rude

Whoa! That's a hard spot. I have a real life friend with a 3yo grandchild like that and she only babysits at their house too.
    She even told her son why and her DIL says it's not that bad. It is that bad if not your things your kid is breaking.
    I hope the preteens get better. I have no advice though, because my dad likes my kids and he is their only grandparent.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    elmhoyrfrpvk.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ok, I'd like to confess, don't want to tell family...I really dislike 3 of my grandkids that belong to our daughter, especially the girl, who's almost 12. They're undisciplined, rude & selfish. one of the boys can be sweet, he's 10. I don't bring the 2yr old boy over to my house when I watch him because he doesn't seem to know the word "no" & get into everything that I don't want him to. I know he knows what I'm saying by the way he looks at me, smiles while he's doing the "no,no, don't touch" I tell him to. The girl has lots of temper tantrams & is rude

Understandable!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad. I have two grandkids that, although I love them because they are my daughter's, some of the behavior is not acceptable. I also feel that there is little to no discipline at home, but those are hers to raise and will reap the rewards later.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    My daughter realizes now that she didn't discipline her kids too much & didn't teach her daughter to be respectful because her being disrespectful didn't come up much. My dtr's a single mom. Her husband was a work a holic & not around much, when he was, he was the "fun" dad taking them shopping, taking them out etc. Her husband told her to leave & never sees the kids, he was the bad guy in this but now she has a really great man in her life & they want to eventually get married but her daughter is SO openly rude to him & to her mom(she was always rude to her mom when she couldn't get/do something she wanted) to her & it's become a real problem but she does see it now. She gave them SO much love & attention with little discipline it's really coming out. She was always rude to me & didn't even greet me after I greeted her, her mom had to tell her to say hello to me. So today we were talking about strategies for her age to not let her be so rude and about disciplining the 2yr old so he won't grow up to be that way. He's rarely told "no", she just puts things up & loves on him all the time.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    We spanked our kids too & my husband didn't let any of them talk disrespectfully. They are all great grown kids, our daughter is too. Our oldest son retired from the Marines 2 yrs ago as a Captain & is doing great in his 2nd career, our other 2 sons are too & are respectful good citizens & are really good to us. Their kids are well behaved too
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    SPANKERS UNITE! LOL Please tell your son thank you for his service. Thank you, too!!! I am a Navy mom. Military life can be hard. Hang in there. Work little by little. Unfortunately the girl is at the age she will hate you just because. There is hope for the other two. She will come around in a few years - I promise.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Thank you to YOUR son too.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Thank you to YOUR son too.

Daughter 🥰🥰🥰🥰
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 Beka, so sorry that happened. I am single with no children, so no one remembers my birthday, but I don't mind. But both of my parents are in their 80's and I know how important it is to both of them that they are remembered by all 4 of their children. My Dad gets especially upset if we kids forget my Mom's birthday. I must admit I am not great about sending a card, but I do always call.

Happy Birthday to you, with hugs.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Feels like each year my birthday becomes a non event. I try and take the day off from work, but it doesn't always work out that way. Got a milestone one next year, we'll see what happens.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Feels like each year my birthday becomes a non event. I try and take the day off from work, but it doesn't always work out that way. Got a milestone one next year, we'll see what happens.

I think I will do this next year. Just take the day for ME! Get a massage, have lunch at a restaurant I want to try... just a ME day.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    So, my actual birthday was yesterday... Both of my daughters forgot. Once called after my husband txt and reminded them. The other - still nothing.

I have to admit, my feelings are really hurt.

So sorry, that sucks! If it makes you feel better, no one from my family got me anything for my birthday this year, and I turned 30. DH got me some small bits and an empty promise of taking me away for the weekend. That was in May, I’m 100% sure he has forgotten about it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So, my actual birthday was yesterday... Both of my daughters forgot. Once called after my husband txt and reminded them. The other - still nothing.

I'm sorry. Happy belated. :flowerforyou:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

So sorry, that sucks! If it makes you feel better, no one from my family got me anything for my birthday this year, and I turned 30. DH got me some small bits and an empty promise of taking me away for the weekend. That was in May, I’m 100% sure he has forgotten about it.

Ouch! Kevin and I have been in counseling since the beginning of the summer. His solo appointment was the 24th. My birthday was the biggest part of the convo he said. He has missed it a few years, too. I am just happy he acknowledged. We went to see a movie and had a nice lunch. Technically we had my birthday dinner 2 weeks early at the super fancy restaurant :)

Maybe remind your hubby and suggest for your half birthday -give him a chance to redeem himself.

Well it was nice that you did something together, and I remember your dinner with the cute confetti. :)

I keep thinking of doing gentle reminders, but it’s the busy time of the year now, so weekends won’t be available, plus it’s pretty much winter now so a staycation is out of the question. It’s rained for over a week!
    He did take me out to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe so I’m not completely ungrateful, we had a nice day out. :)