Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    First day working from home with hubby home. Twenty-six minutes into it, and I'm already irritated at him. I had a little routine going, and he's throwing it off!

I worked with mine yesterday... we did ok. BUT today - thank GOD I'm reporting on an alternating schedule!!! He woke up at 4 AM snipping!

I'm dreading tomorrow!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yikes. We have a stay home work safe madate here, not quite on lockdown yet. Had a brush yesterday, had to help with a patient that we thought was for pneumonia, but later was being tested for Covid-19. Haven't been sent home to quarantine because we don't know if the patient is positive yet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Yikes, stay safe! @crosbylee

Hubby still has to work as a first responder. I fully expect we'll be exposed at some point. It's not if, it's when, in our house.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Same here. I am just grateful at this point that I am not losing hours at work.
  • quiksylver296
    I'm getting paid to work from home. So thankful we aren't being impacted financially. So many people can't say the same.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2020
    I haven't worn a real bra, real pants, or any makeup in a week and a half. Going back to the office is gonna suck. :laugh:
  • Beka3695
    I haven't worn a real bra, real pants, or any makeup in a week and a half. Going back to the office is gonna suck. :laugh:

Even on days I’ve reported to the office - my hair has been in a ponytail, no makeup and a race tee. Been wearing jeans. Not sure if I want to push it and wear shorts.

Today from home I did put on pants ans shoes, tee and sports bra. Still no makeup🤣

We have a zoom meeting at noon - not putting on makeup for this either
  • quiksylver296
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Even on days I’ve reported to the office - my hair has been in a ponytail, no makeup and a race tee. Been wearing jeans. Not sure if I want to push it and wear shorts.

Today from home I did put on pants ans shoes, tee and sports bra. Still no makeup🤣

We have a zoom meeting at noon - not putting on makeup for this either

I had a team Zoom meeting yesterday, and they got bare face, lank hair and sweats. LOL
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I only work 16 hours a week and can do most of my role from home just fine, but fitting that in without childcare is extremely challenging. They're 2 and 4 and can't really entertain themselves unsupervised for any time at all. I hate that I'm having to work every day and work evenings to make up my part time job, losing what little free time I had. Obviously I'm glad I still have a job but I could scream at anyone who complains of being bored. I DREAM of having time to be bored!
  • quiksylver296
    spamarie wrote: »
    And my dad started chemo this week. What impeccable timing!

I know my kids and hubby and I are pretty low risk, but I worry something will happen to my dad and I won't be able to go and comfort my mum.

Got pretty serious right there. Please go back to drowning peanut butter in the rubbish bin and cling film wraps! As you were.

Yikes! That's scary. Prayers for your dad.
  • Beka3695
    spamarie wrote: »
    And my dad started chemo this week. What impeccable timing!

I know my kids and hubby and I are pretty low risk, but I worry something will happen to my dad and I won't be able to go and comfort my mum.

Got pretty serious right there. Please go back to drowning peanut butter in the rubbish bin and cling film wraps! As you were.

How is dad doing??
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    I stink at moving working from home. I didn't realize how much I actually walk in my office. I am going to have to do something to get a handle on it, but I really need to keep my 8th grader on track with online school more.
  • quiksylver296
    The sophomore is on his own with on-line school! I never even took chemistry. Can't help much.
  • melissafeagins
    The sophomore is on his own with on-line school! I never even took chemistry. Can't help much.

It's not about helping. It's about making him do the work.
  • melissafeagins
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I wish I could work from home so I could help my 4th grader. I am in the clinic everyday and almost on my same schedule as before all this happened. I can't do ultrasounds from my house.

I wish you could work ftom home too. I pray for you and all my clinical friends.
    I know that I am fortunate that I can bill and code from home. I just wish I were better at taking care of myself while I do it.