If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,125 Member
    Oh. Yeah. And a loaf of bread. Thanks @slimgirljo15
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Oh. Yeah. And a loaf of bread. Thanks @slimgirljo15

I'll share my bread, if you share the sushi.
    The sushi place closed down here so I have to drive 40 mins to get it now. So I haven't had it in 6 months.. I miss it 😔
  • mtaratoot
    I work in a restaurant that's only open three days a year called Sumo Sushi. We only make rolls, and only two kinds -- veggie (cucumber, avocado, carrot, and scallion) and smoked salmon (plain and peppered smoked wild Alaskan salmon, cucumber, and scallion). We also make an awesome raman-cabbage salad with rice noodles, and we make a honey-sweetened green tea. It's all about the rice. We make good rice. Folks love our food. Filling, but not heavy. Almost all USDA Organic ingredients, and wheat free. A good value, too. We are hidden in a little corner, and I've heard some folks say that finding us is half the fun.

hile we don't make them, mMy favorites are hamachi, sake, and magaro nigiri. That's yellowtail jack, salmon, and tuna. I haven't had any in quite a while. I should check out some of the places around here to see if they are still any good. Special occasion food.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I could go for a knish or three. Or a pasty.

wb9q5cwqcp2z.png

cbex0aq25leb.png

I'll save you a roll. What kind o' bread?
  • slimgirljo15
    I work in a restaurant that's only open three days a year called Sumo Sushi. We only make rolls, and only two kinds -- veggie (cucumber, avocado, carrot, and scallion) and smoked salmon (plain and peppered smoked wild Alaskan salmon, cucumber, and scallion). We also make an awesome raman-cabbage salad with rice noodles, and we make a honey-sweetened green tea. It's all about the rice. We make good rice. Folks love our food. Filling, but not heavy. Almost all USDA Organic ingredients, and wheat free. A good value, too. We are hidden in a little corner, and I've heard some folks say that finding us is half the fun.

hile we don't make them, mMy favorites are hamachi, sake, and magaro nigiri. That's yellowtail jack, salmon, and tuna. I haven't had any in quite a while. I should check out some of the places around here to see if they are still any good. Special occasion food.

wb9q5cwqcp2z.png

cbex0aq25leb.png

I'm guessing you meant 3 days a week?
    Everything sounds delicious.

I'm making just a plain white crusty loaf today.. it's not cooking fast enough lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

wb9q5cwqcp2z.png

cbex0aq25leb.png

I'm making just a plain white crusty loaf today.. it's not cooking fast enough lol

Wasn't it you that posted that picture a while ago of your scones/buns? You should have made more of those...and sent me some too😋
  • slimgirljo15
    edited October 2019
    3ilwrz7hnbcf.jpg
    6no0nmlrx2dn.jpg

PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

wb9q5cwqcp2z.png

cbex0aq25leb.png

Wasn't it you that posted that picture a while ago of your scones/buns? You should have made more of those...and sent me some too😋

Yeah, that was me. I have enough dates left for another batch.. I'm thinking I should use them up soon 🤤
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I can ruin a diet with the savory AND the sweet. I'm so well-rounded. Oops, kinda literally. Shoot. :lol:
  • PAPYRUS3
    3ilwrz7hnbcf.jpg
    6no0nmlrx2dn.jpg

It was you! Yes...make more of them...I'll live vicariously through you:)
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    ^I just hugged yer bread.
  • mtaratoot

Nope. I meant what I wrote. We are open 11:00 - 19:00 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the first full weekend after the Fourth of July. Next year that will be July 10, 11, and 12. We're out on Chela Mela Meadow near Knish Bliss, Sara's Tamales, Casablanca, and Deep Sea Delights.

I love crusty loaves, but there's local bakery I really like. They used to make their rye in a sliced sandwich loaf; now it's just a round. It's actually 100% whole grain rye flour; It doesn't have wheat flour at all. No colors, either. Way super good. If I see a loaf of it, I'll buy it.
  • PAPYRUS3
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    ^I just hugged yer bread.

om...me too lol!

@mtaratoot - that rye crusty loaf sounds epic too! Love rye bread...crusty/chewy well made bread is the best.
  • slimgirljo15

Nope. I meant what I wrote. We are open 11:00 - 19:00 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the first full weekend after the Fourth of July. Next year that will be July 10, 11, and 12. We're out on Chela Mela Meadow near Knish Bliss, Sara's Tamales, Casablanca, and Deep Sea Delights.

I love crusty loaves, but there's local bakery I really like. They used to make their rye in a sliced sandwich loaf; now it's just a round. It's actually 100% whole grain rye flour; It doesn't have wheat flour at all. No colors, either. Way super good. If I see a loaf of it, I'll buy it.

I normally buy rye bread or occasionally sourdough from the local bakery. Crusty white bread is a special treat I shout myself once every 6 weeks maybe. Sometimes it's just got to be crusty, hot fresh white bread for me. I'll make a total 🐷 of myself 😁
  • slimgirljo15

Wow, only 3 days a year.. bet they are lined up out the door.
  • mtaratoot
    This year, on Saturday, there was a woman sitting on the bench under the tree near our order window for a while. When we opened, she came right up and said she was waiting and wanted to be our first customer. We felt a little bad because we were ready to serve about ten or 15 minutes early, but there was nobody at the window, so we didn't take orders. She didn't care, and she went away with a plate of sushi and a big smile.

We have a line most of the day. It starts slow; most folks aren't ready for sushi at 11:00. But within a half hour, folks are waiting to order. Usually not too long; we have a good operation. We usually run out of food around closing time, and if we don't, we keep selling it. People who show up after we close are sad. We hate that.

One year it was cold and rainy. One of our really smart folk took our iced tea and heated it up. We gave away hot tea. It was great.

We give all our proceeds to non-profit organizations.

ll994mdn9jge.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    No picture but a client brought us a huge piece of chocolate cake that's in my boss' office and I just wanna make a beeline for it. HE'S not gonna eat it!

39id4s8spfb6.jpg

Thanks! Thank god I'm at home now. :p

death by chocolate. my weakness

That chocolate cake is still in his office and he's not here.

Just sayin'... :)
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I pretended like a large pizza with bacon and pineapple didn't have calories last night :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    71471_XXX_v1.tif&wid=480&cvt=jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    71471_XXX_v1.tif&wid=480&cvt=jpeg

Where did you find this?