You're not good enough..

Options
pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Have you ever felt that you weren't good enough? Good enough for this, good enough for that, good enough for any reason? Are you currently feeling that way? Have you felt that way in the past? What was it about? Did you get over that feeling or are you still currently dealing with it? Share. Discuss. Explain. Purge. Overcome. Thats what we are here for.

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I struggle hard with low self esteem. I never think I’m smart enough, funny enough, chatty enough, skinny enough, pretty enough.. it sucks pretty bad. But, I know I’m not the only one. And then I start feeling poorly at how selfish I am to be dwelling so much on myself - what a cycle! 😭

You are enough. Your enough is the intrinsic value you're born with. It's not tied to weight, looks, success or anything like that.

It's the value you naturally have.....and you have it.

Don't ever doubt that. :smiley:
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    I never finished college so I am not good enough for meaningful work

ETA: or even work that pays a living wage apparently

I have no doubt you can and probably already do meaningful work, even if it's not at work. I know lots of folks who have degrees and couldn't be doing more meaningless work.

If you ever decide to pursue more education, please do yourself a favor and DON'T let you get in the way of that progress. I did for a long time.

You're never too old. You're smart enough. You CAN do it. I didn't finish up my bachelor's until I was 37.

I'm becoming more and more convinced the older I get that meaning in our "work" is finding that thing we're passionate about and doing it.

I'm rooting for you!

Thank you. I’m about 30 credits shy of a BS but it’s not likely to get finished any time soon. I’m nearly 50 and have debt and children. Blah.

Don't give up.

I mean, think about what you said - 30 credits - that's basically 2 FT semesters or maybe what....4-5 PT semesters.

May seem like it's far away, but it's not unreachable.

You can do it. I know you can. :smiley:
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I always got chosen last for team sports. It hurt. But I grew up. No more team sports. I don’t mind coming in last in sports now. It’s a tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it. Why not me?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I moved to Maryland 9 years ago after graduating college. I have been in almost the same place for 9 years but have almost no friends. It seems like making friends after college is super hard and I have no idea why, am I not cool enough for Maryland friends?

It’s really very hard to make friends as adults. I moved a year and a half ago and the only friend I made is twice my age and she teaches me to cook. It can get lonely ❤️
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I am that friend that checks in on everyone, but when I go silent for a month no one reaches out. I am not a good enough friend. That is precisely why I think friends are overrated.

@pizzamyheart you deserve to buy yourself something nice. Even if you aren't at your "ideal" weight.

@LyndaBSS just because you don't look like other woman doesn't mean you aren't beautiful!!

@J_NY_Z I am sorry that you feel that way! I don't know you, but I bet you have a lot to offer as a friend!!

@your_future_ex_wife There are plenty of successful people that didn't even start College. Just keep plugging away, your chance will come!!!

You are all good enough.....you're more than enough!!!!

I know this should be true but I can’t help but feel that when it comes to myself, I can polish a turd but it’s still just gonna be a piece of $h!t.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2 "coolness" isn't a fair measure of friendship. I have no doubt you have intrinsic qualities that are more appealing than that anyway. I don't know anything about you, but if you're more introverted or whatever it may be, maybe step out of your comfort zone and try something you may not have before.......You are good enough no matter what. Don't lose heart and know we're rooting for you!

@corinasue1143 You're good enough. You already were. They just didn't see it. Doesn't mean you weren't. Keep pushing and know we're rooting for you!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Yes, i hear you. My priorities are elsewhere atm. I cannot be with my children, work full time, and go to school while paying off debt. I have to choose. And I have. Besides, I’m more lamenting the system that values a degree over ability.

I completely understand. The last thing you need is someone you don't know trying to tell you how to do things..... :lol:

Your priorities are exactly that - yours - and for good reason you know best about. I just want you to know there are others who believe in you and are rooting for you.

If there's ever anything I can do to help, please feel free. Don't have much to offer, but I'll be your cheerleader. :smiley: