WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Rita Hooray for you, both feeling better and eliminating a BP rx. VERY well done!
    Likewise Connie grateful for your Mom's feeling better. You wore Hannah until she was 6? SuperMom!
    Rebecca you raised that primary carrier holder right! It always makes me crazy to see a mom laden with babe, diaper bag, all impedimenta, struggling along behind unencumbered dad. Grr!
    Machka
    1. nothing to make money, but gardening to save a little $$ on organic veggies
    2. line dancing, dog group pack walk
    3. hmm, I love to read, but that's not creative, time to get out the old guitar and keyboard? Or learn to spin? Or???
    Barbie, your expensive black mold/water heater situation is exactly what I fear. Will put it out of my mind for now, no remodel scheduled until the car and roof are paid off, 4 more years.
    Kim in LincsUK Please share pics of your classic LandRovers. Love 'em! Had a little Freelander for 12 years but gave it up when the transmission went out a second time. They wanted $4K to install a remanufactured one. I should have done it, loved that car! Would really have loved a classic, or a Defender 90 but not practical as I am not a mechanic, and now we live so far away from anyone who could repair. Let me enjoy yours vicariously? Birdie is soooo cute!
    Rita that is some hail.
    Allie ((hugs)) “holding his hand” best parting gift you can give. ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=1783 :( vits=10 log=10 CI<CO=7 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble=5 mfp=10 AF=8
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Allie, keeping you all in my thoughts ((( <3 )))
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi, y’all! What a useful phrase! I spent many of my childhood winters away from Ohio at my grandparents’ home along the Caloosahatchee River in Fr. Myers FL fishing and playing with my brother. The neighbors had a girl right between us in age. We picked up the accents and phrasing every year within a day or so of arriving. I’ve totally lost both that and my “Midwest Twang”, but the phrasing has stayed in the back of my mind and crops up embarrassingly every time I talk to a client from the South. I’m trying to not do that, because I’m afraid folks will think I’m mocking them or teasing them. Any ideas on how to clear the “southern” from my speech autopilot?

Sharon Near Seattle
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Allie (hugs). I am remembering sitting at my mom's bedside with siblings. We laughed, reminisced, told our favorite stories and told her what we loved about her. She waited to pass until we ducked out for a few minutes to grab a bite to eat. Miss her.

Lanette
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Allie - (((Hugs))) and Prayers for you and your DFIL <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie, awe see I have never looked at it that way! He's always been a Mr. Mom though! Even when he was about 6 years old he would get up early on Sat mornings with Owain, letting me sleep. Of course a 6 year old shushing his 2 year old brother is pretty loud, but he'd get cereal out, and turn on cartoons. I found it so endearing.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    dc2qkdz751zo.jpeg
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    (((Allie)))
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👍
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hugs Allie.

Cheri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Prayers Allie
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Lisa – So glad you are back to being happy and excited at work. There is nothing wrong with making the “bosses” cry; especially when it’s over working towards making the team be its best. I am fortunate to be reporting to someone who has a heart and we have had some very emotional discussions where one or the other has been brought to tears.

Flea – I love your dad’s nickname for you. It’s crazy of what we have to think about today. Technology is wonderful when used for good, the opposite is true when used for bad. My online name is one only the family used and most who did are now gone. Using it reminds me of them.

Heather – I did not mean to offend. The light in your DH’s smile and face showed what a great time the two of you were having during your trip. Thank you for sharing the pictures and the highlights of the cruise. Love the jug.

Sarah – I am glad you found the walking in place tip helpful.

Machka – It must have been a heartwarming experience for your husband to be able to meet those who saved/helped him even if he cannot recall those moments.

Kim; UK – Welcome to the group. I was a former WW too. I was going to join again, but since the ownership of the company changed there are no longer any local meetings. I am finding much success using MFP since it has all of the basic concepts (recording all food, exercise, water intake, etc.).

Barbie – Congratulations on the bathroom remodel. What a change – so glad you are happy with the results.

Rita – Rita congratulations on the elimination of one of your BP pills! Wow, the hail looks like leftover ice from a cooler!

Rebecca – Athena is a cutie. She looks so comfortable traveling with dad.

Terri – I love the arrangement. I take flower arranging classes and am looking forward to a class I schedule for tomorrow.

Allie – Sending support to you.

mizenkoc – Welcome. You’re in the right spot. Wishing you well on your journey.

Sending positive thoughts to all.
    SuziQ - FL
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - much love to you, and a hope for a peaceful and kind transition...

Love,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3Allie, Jake and I sat with my mom and the end and it was the right thing to do. Hugs to you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Kpppp
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk I just looked in Hannah’s baby book. She was 40 inches tall and 38 pounds on her 6th Birthday. It was easy to “wear” her. She was 18 months old when came home from China, only weighing 16.5 pounds and 29 inches. Now, at 16, she is just under 5 feet tall and weighs 90 pounds. She can buy shirts and dresses in the girls department. Her pants are size 00 or 0 from the juniors.

Dreary, cool and rainy - I made chili. It was yummy!!

Connie in KY
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Allie: (((Hugs))) and prayers.