What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    hsk8kpc4pep0.png

Unfortunately some people get pleasure judging others without knowing them. They'll assume without even knowing. I guess it's like that in real life too. A little worse here in my opinion. It's hard sometimes to not let things bother you but in the end the good apples outweighs the bad ones. I just feel sorry for those people.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! My little red Riding Hood rated G costume will be here Thursday. The little basket will be here today. I should be all set for next weekend. Handing candy out at the zoo Halloween kids event! Hoping they assign me near the wolf exhibit or boars.

I'm a little disappointed I can't dress up at universal studios, but obviously I understand.

Things moving along!

I'm worried about being on vacation though. Going to have to watch my intake like a hawk.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Food, I’m hungry! 🌮🌮🌮🥤
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wang Chung
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Ever since the "incidents" here a few weeks ago, I'm almost scared to post things because I don't want anyone to think I'm posting things for "internet sympathy". It couldn't me more further from the truth. Some people may not like to read my story and that's ok... but when I share stuff I share it because this stuff is hard, and I post it in Hope's that if someone out there is going through what I'm going through, I want them to know that they can get through it too..even if they feel like they can't.

Am I positive? Yes, but not always. Do I cry? Yes, everyday... this stuff and this awful word is scary as *kitten*.

The difficult thing about Cancer is that is robs you of so much choice. People say I'm a fighter because I have cancer, but I didn't choose this. I'm a fighter because the alternative is dying. People will say I look good with a shaved head but that wasn't a style of choice, I choose to do it because I didn't want to watch my hair come out in handfuls. People will say I will get through this...and I will! But not without sacrificing my body, my self image, my idea of a "normal life" and some precious time out of my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I dont always have a positive spin on this. I know it will all be worth it but that doesn't mean each day isn't hard. On days like today it's hitting me that my life and my familys life isn't what I though it would be at my age... but I'm going to keep smiling 😊

I don't know you, but in the short time I've seen you here, I've come to the conclusion that you're courageous and humble.

People don't know what you're going through even if they have been there themselves. It's called personal experience for a reason.

Your attitude toward it has been amazing. I've known people with health issues that aren't even comparably dealing with something like you are that had more issues dealing with that kind of change.

Keep smiling and keep fighting.

Your smile brightens things up, wherever you're at. You're a great example of how to handle things beyond our control.

I haven't had to see much from you to see that.....it seems pretty obvious to me.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Wang Chung

Everybody's doing that tonight🤷
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    i Can’t relate to people with no substance

We all matter, though.

mat·ter
    /ˈmadər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

Yep everyone matters. Everyone is matter. My matter is magnetically repulsed by some others matters.

Electromagnetically?

Yes. Figuratively, literally, and hypothetically. Maybe metamorphically.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Food, I’m hungry! 🌮🌮🌮🥤

Mmmmm tacos :love:
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My Grandma turns 90 tomorrow. Her health hasn’t been great these last few years. Three strokes, a broken hip, several falls and now a non cancerous brain tumour that is stealing her independence. She’s lost both her sisters recently, her grand daughter, her son and her best friend. She’s having dizzy spells and she falls all the time now, yet she still lives in a two storey house and needs a motorized chair to get up and down the stairs. And she walks very slow now so she’s struggling to get stuff done. I think she’s experiencing some depression, both from her losses but also that her independence was stripped away from her so quickly. Two weeks ago she fell face first and busted up her face. Nearly broke her nose and her whole face was black and blue. She doesn’t like the idea of going into a care home or moving into a flat so I have gotten her an aid for her house. I’m just really really worried it won’t be well received. But she won’t take it if it doesn’t come in the form of a gift.

That is very nice of you to do ❤ it's hard for them to leave their homes and give up their independence at their age. I hope she gets well taken care of and that everything goes well.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Wang Chung

You beat me too it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Wang Chung

Tonight?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Wang Chung

Dang.

Maybe I should read the entire thread before stream of consciousness posting.

That being said.... Great (albeit filthy) Minds Think Alike.

• CaliValleyGirl
    Options
    I don't know how some of you ladies get up early and do your makeup every single day.

I did my makeup today, and it will probably be the only day I do my makeup.

Otherwise it's just light foundation and a little eye makeup.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I don't know how some of you ladies get up early and do your makeup every single day.

I did my makeup today, and it will probably be the only day I do my makeup.

Otherwise it's just light foundation and a little eye makeup.

I see many taking care of that in the car.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Ever since the "incidents" here a few weeks ago, I'm almost scared to post things because I don't want anyone to think I'm posting things for "internet sympathy". It couldn't me more further from the truth. Some people may not like to read my story and that's ok... but when I share stuff I share it because this stuff is hard, and I post it in Hope's that if someone out there is going through what I'm going through, I want them to know that they can get through it too..even if they feel like they can't.

Am I positive? Yes, but not always. Do I cry? Yes, everyday... this stuff and this awful word is scary as *kitten*.

The difficult thing about Cancer is that is robs you of so much choice. People say I'm a fighter because I have cancer, but I didn't choose this. I'm a fighter because the alternative is dying. People will say I look good with a shaved head but that wasn't a style of choice, I choose to do it because I didn't want to watch my hair come out in handfuls. People will say I will get through this...and I will! But not without sacrificing my body, my self image, my idea of a "normal life" and some precious time out of my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I dont always have a positive spin on this. I know it will all be worth it but that doesn't mean each day isn't hard. On days like today it's hitting me that my life and my familys life isn't what I though it would be at my age... but I'm going to keep smiling 😊

Whatever you post, I like that you post real thoughts and feelings. When my heart feels something with what you post, it’s because I know you’re a genuine kind hearted soul. I’m just happy you’re here and with whatever you share, thank you for showing your true self. ❤️
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Options
    Tried to give my hair a pep talk, just not feeling it.