Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Recap M 10/21

@Bex953172 I love meatloaf! I use recipe on the Quaker Oats container.

I use oats in my meatloaf as well.

I think we followed a Jamie Oliver recipe (we don't really like JO but this was nice!) his said put 12 Jacobs Cream Crackers in, we were amazed when we ACTUALLY had them in the cupboard lol!!

Okay, I am going to equate this to Gordan Ramsey as I have no idea who JO is, lolol And what the heck are cream crackers? I wonder if that's what we call a butter cracker here in the US...round, sometimes rectangular, buttery cracker?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jznmqewznzq0.jpeg

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    22/10: CW: 153.9 - 2.1 🌻

JFT: Tue 22 Oct
      New Daily Goals
      Food
      • log All food and drink; stay under goal🌻
      • balance macros/micros🌻
      • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!🌻
      Exercise:
      • Knee Physio🌻
      • 7,000+ Steps daily 🌻
      • 30 + minutes intentional exercise🌻😎
      Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
      • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation 🌻
      • Practice Self-care🌻
      • Positively reframe thoughts 🌻
      • Learn something new🌻
      • 15 mins Daily Declutter session🌻
      • 10.30 am: Craft🌻
      • 2 pm: Antiques/Collectibles Group🌻
      • 7 pm: Crochet Group🌻

JFT: Wed 23 Oct
        New Daily Goals
        Food
        • log All food and drink; stay under goal
        • balance macros/micros
        • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
        Exercise:
        • Knee Physio
        • 7,000+ Steps daily
        • 30 + minutes intentional exercise
          • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
          • Practice Self-care
          • Positively reframe thoughts
          • Learn something new
          • 15 mins Daily Declutter session
          • Laundry
          • 10.30 am: Chinese Writing Workshop
          • 2 pm: Play Reading Group
      • TerriRichardson112
        TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
        edited October 2019
        Options
        JFT Monday21st October

I forced myself out in the dark, now can I do it regularly?!
        @Snowflake1968 , I must have a look at walking online, I just cant imagine how it is as good an exercise in the house!

Once you try it, you'll realise that it can be better than outside, especially if you do a 4 miler! Some of the videos do all sorts of exercises using weights/resistance bands while you are walking, so you get a double boost.
      • chemjenny
        chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
        Options

JFT 10/22
        Finish letters :)
        Work on slide presentation :) but didn’t get as far as I wanted
        Exercise :)
        Track :)
        Stretch :/ not yet

Yesterday I was doomed by a brownie.
        And then I hurt my back AGAIN just by getting up. I should just not get up, haha.
        But I was happy to go to the gym anyway. Standing is not a problem. Sitting is awful.

JFT 10/23
        Get tree estimate
        Work on slide presentation
        Take cat to vet
        Track
        Fast
        Exercise
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
        Options
        Checking in tonight to say hi. I’ll update my goals in the morning before work.

@cory17 - I am not the biggest sweet fan, there can be chocolate, cookies, cake, even ice cream and I can resist. My issue is chips, cheese, crackers and just general junk food. I would prefer to eat a burger and fries over anything. Oh and Coke, I love an ice cold Coke!

I am devastated tonight, I have a daughters pride ring my parent bough for me in 1988, I had been begging for one for a lot of years before I got it. When my girls were little I had a babysitter steal my rings and Mom and Dad replaced my ring, when the babysitter got caught I got the original back so I had two, but the second one had the stones set differently than the first and I like the original placement better. A few weeks ago I decided to go have my original ring resized so I could start wearing it regularly again. I picked it up last week. Tonight I lost it again. I’m pretty sure it’s buried in my couch but without actually tearing my couch apart I can’t feel it. It’s either that or I lost it at the grocery store. I will check the office tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure that I had it on when I left work tonight.

I hope I find it, if not I’ll go get the second one resized and start wearing it, but I really want the both of them.
      • Bex953172
        Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
        edited October 2019
        Options
        cory17 wrote: »
        @bex meatloaf is so good! & yours sounds great! My mom used to make it, used oats as well, that's a good memory. Nowadays, I refuse to pay $5 for ground beef and it's mostly chicken. Are cream crackers like saltines?

@snowflake I try to eat from home as much as possible. Then it's about controlling quantity. Outside, there are desserts, and too much salt in everything. You still have cookies in the freezer from the wedding?? Applause for your restraint!!

So Sept and almost Oct are past and I'm trying to get motivated (again) and keep trying (again). I want to end this year in a better place then it began.

Lol you don't know what cream crackers are and I don't know what saltines are LOL!
        Recap M 10/21

@Bex953172 I love meatloaf! I use recipe on the Quaker Oats container.

I use oats in my meatloaf as well.

I think we followed a Jamie Oliver recipe (we don't really like JO but this was nice!) his said put 12 Jacobs Cream Crackers in, we were amazed when we ACTUALLY had them in the cupboard lol!!

Okay, I am going to equate this to Gordan Ramsey as I have no idea who JO is, lolol And what the heck are cream crackers? I wonder if that's what we call a butter cracker here in the US...round, sometimes rectangular, buttery cracker?

Jamie Oliver is a tool. British chef, supposed to be healthy and was the face of changing the school menus to healthy foods. Except they weren't healthy and his meals tend to be v high in calories!

Gordon Ramsey though, absolute legend 😍😍
        He has a restaurant in vegas an when I eventually get married we're gonna go eat there! It's on the wedding list LOL!

I love watching Kitchen Nightmares USA
      • ZizzyBumble
        ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
        Options
        Wednesday 23 October

Log accurately
        Stay in the green
        5 fruit and veg
        WATER!
        Fitbit exercise goals
        Attend to Happy Scale trend - be at a deficit rather than maintenance.

Today I need to Clean and tidy the kitchen, go shopping then cook the Christmas cake without sampling much of the mixture!
      • littleblackskirt
        littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
        Options
        JFT Tuesday 22nd October

Back exercises yes, but only one set, must do more!
        Do not buy chocolate none bought
        Gratitude yes
        Walk yes

@Snowflake1968 , I took your advice and tried a Leslie Sansone video, I see what you mean about adding in extra bits. I started with a one mile, and oh my goodness, I am so uncordinated! Felt so odd "walking" inside.
        @TerriRichardson, 4 miles! I'm not there yet lol.
        I finished up with a 20 minute walk round the houses before bedtime, and then spent an uncomfortable night with pain in my hip and leg. It's occurred to me that nighttime is not the best time to walk as I'm not getting any sunshine, so will try to move it to daytime soon.

JFT Wednesday 23rd October

Back exercises
        Do not buy chocolate
        Gratitude
        Walk

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
        SW: 181
        GW: 176
        CW: 23/10 178.5 -2.5lbs
      • awhit4842
        awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
        Options
        JFT Tuesday
        1. Log all food 👎
        2. Gym👍
        3. Meditate 👍
        4. Figure out how to take nap under my desk without colleagues noticing.

I made it through yesterday and slept a solid 8 hours last night so I’m feeling much better and ready to tackle today.

JFT Wednesday
        1. Log all food
        2. Workout at home
        3. Drink 150oz water
        4. Meditate
      • aubyshortcake
        aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
        Options
        Good morning! I did it! I hit all of my goals yesterday! I am in shock but so proud of myself.

The last few weeks have been really rough so it feels good to have a bit of control back. We now have three dogs again, a long story that I will go more into later, but this week I started walking each one of them individually as they all get upset if they don't get to go but I can't walk them all at the same time because two of them pull a lot. So, for the last two days in a row I've gotten 8,000 steps which is awesome and gets me more of the night time snacks that I always want.

@Snowflake1968 I really hope you find your ring!

Yesterday 10/22:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
        2. Leave work by 5:20😁
        3. Go for a walk😁
        4. Light cleaning😁
        5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 10/23:

1. Stay within calorie goal
        2. Leave work by 5:20
        3. Walk the dogs
        4. Light cleaning
        5. Cook dinner
      • Bex953172
        Options
        Checking in tonight to say hi. I’ll update my goals in the morning before work.

@cory17 - I am not the biggest sweet fan, there can be chocolate, cookies, cake, even ice cream and I can resist. My issue is chips, cheese, crackers and just general junk food. I would prefer to eat a burger and fries over anything. Oh and Coke, I love an ice cold Coke!

I am devastated tonight, I have a daughters pride ring my parent bough for me in 1988, I had been begging for one for a lot of years before I got it. When my girls were little I had a babysitter steal my rings and Mom and Dad replaced my ring, when the babysitter got caught I got the original back so I had two, but the second one had the stones set differently than the first and I like the original placement better. A few weeks ago I decided to go have my original ring resized so I could start wearing it regularly again. I picked it up last week. Tonight I lost it again. I’m pretty sure it’s buried in my couch but without actually tearing my couch apart I can’t feel it. It’s either that or I lost it at the grocery store. I will check the office tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure that I had it on when I left work tonight.

I hope I find it, if not I’ll go get the second one resized and start wearing it, but I really want the both of them.

If it's gone right under the sofa into the base then try tipping the sofa to see if you can hear it rattling around. We got rid of our sofa and when we tipped it we heard SO much stuff on there!!
        We ripped the bottom and there were hair clips, toys, socks (sooo many socks).
        But if you hear it, you could make a small cut like 2 inches on the very bottom (where no one will see it) and try manouvre it to the cut then stick your finger in to see if it's the ring and then just do a quick stitch up.
        Will be a complete ball ache to do lol! But I'm sure it would be worth it if it was in there!
      • clicketykeys
        clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
        edited October 2019
        Options
        JFT Wednesday
        1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
        2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Pull progress reports.
        3. Class 1: Set up Handouts folders. Return progress reports. Finish graphic organizers. Tomorrow: Go over grammar work.
        4. Class 2-3: Set up Handouts folders. Return progress reports. Finish graphic organizers. Update class websites.
        5. Planning: Grade narratives. Parent calls. Ask questions that respond to comments on senator list. Encourage students to look at issues from multiple perspectives.
        6. Lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
        7. Dinner: Pizza. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Put jewelry away.
        8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
        9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.
        10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. Retirement planning Oct 23 2:00.

Scale goals
        End of 2017: 174.6
        End of 2018: 189.2
        January 2019: 186.0
        February 2019: 187.0
        Today: 197

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
        1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
        2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
        3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
        4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
        5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
        6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
        7. Theater: What's next?
        8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
        9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
        10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Yesterday was stressful as we had to pick up the check for the car I wrecked, but we had to get to the office by 5:00 and we BARELY made it. Plus I had a checkup with my oncologist, which always goes smoothly but inevitably gets me subconsciously thinking about death.

I really, really hope I outlive my parents. I'll miss them, of course, but burying a child has to be the worst thing in the world.
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
        edited October 2019
        Options
        5lb Challenge
        Oct 9 - 191.2
        Today - 189.6
        Loss - 1.6

JFT Tuesday Oct 22
        2L of water - ☠️ only 1l
        Log all Food - 🌻
        15 minutes of exercise - ☠️
        Gratitude Journal - ☠️ - completely forgot before going to bed

JFT - Wednesday Oct 23
        2L of water
        Log all food
        15 minutes of exercise
        Gratitude journal

The grands came for their weekly visit last night it messes me up terribly because for 8 years we have done it on Wednesday and now because of schedule changes it’s on Tuesday. Makes me feel like it’s a long way to the weekend.

The Administrator ordered lunch again yesterday, pizza. I only had two slices and drank water with it. This is better than I have been doing.

@Bex953172 - I tried that after Rodger went to bed last night. This couch is so well made! It was given to us, I probably couldn’t have afforded it new. Anyway there are two layers underneath and one spot of it I can’t get to at all as the frame is there. I figure before I get rid of it, which I hope to do soon as the leather is torn in places, I’ll rip it apart in good shape.

@littleblackskirt - I’m happy to read you tried it. I hope they soon find what’s wrong with your back. My daughter had two slipped discs and it took them two long years figuring it out. I was so upset for her. Now she is 7 years in with prosthetic discs. She was case study number 5 for the surgery and has had no issues since.

@TerriRichardson112 - I love the little quotes you post. They always speak to me.

@clicketykeys - you’ll have to explain the “buying a child” statement to me. I’m glad you got your cheque and the oncologist appointment went well.

Ok I’m off to work.
        Have a great day

• Bex953172
        Options
        5lb Challenge
        Oct 9 - 191.2
        Today - 189.6
        Loss - 1.6

JFT Tuesday Oct 22
        2L of water - ☠️ only 1l
        Log all Food - 🌻
        15 minutes of exercise - ☠️
        Gratitude Journal - ☠️ - completely forgot before going to bed

JFT - Wednesday Oct 23
        2L of water
        Log all food
        15 minutes of exercise
        Gratitude journal

The grands came for their weekly visit last night it messes me up terribly because for 8 years we have done it on Wednesday and now because of schedule changes it’s on Tuesday. Makes me feel like it’s a long way to the weekend.

The Administrator ordered lunch again yesterday, pizza. I only had two slices and drank water with it. This is better than I have been doing.

@Bex953172 - I tried that after Rodger went to bed last night. This couch is so well made! It was given to us, I probably couldn’t have afforded it new. Anyway there are two layers underneath and one spot of it I can’t get to at all as the frame is there. I figure before I get rid of it, which I hope to do soon as the leather is torn in places, I’ll rip it apart in good shape.

@littleblackskirt - I’m happy to read you tried it. I hope they soon find what’s wrong with your back. My daughter had two slipped discs and it took them two long years figuring it out. I was so upset for her. Now she is 7 years in with prosthetic discs. She was case study number 5 for the surgery and has had no issues since.

@TerriRichardson112 - I love the little quotes you post. They always speak to me.

@clicketykeys - you’ll have to explain the “buying a child” statement to me. I’m glad you got your cheque and the oncologist appointment went well.

Ok I’m off to work.
        Have a great day

Damn lol, ours were gifted to us too, Ash's mum moved house and the new one didn't have a conservatory. So she had 2 extra sofas (she had 4 at the old house lol!)
        They're really nice, ones £1200 and the other £900 so we're under very strict instructions to look after it and the girls get in trouble if they try climb the back!!

We would have NEVER afforded anything like it. Our last sofa was £50 from a charity shop lol! And it was okay but the kids destroyed it and it just stank. It was vile, no amount of cleaning could get this horrible smell out of wee where one of the kids has had An accident!
      • toaljasa
        toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
        Options
        Okay, so a cream cracker IS like a saltine but its a bit bigger, thicker and doesn't have salt.

It's called a 'cream' cracker because of the way the ingredients are creamed when being made

We can get butter crackers over here too. Sp it's similar to them but no butter lol!!

tcixgyuqylqw.jpg

A saltless cracker??!! UnTHINKable!!! :D
      • clicketykeys
        clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
        Options
        @Bex953172 - BURYING a child, not buying one ;D
      • PackerFanInGB
        PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
        Options
        Wednesday 23 October

Today I need to Clean and tidy the kitchen, go shopping then cook the Christmas cake without sampling much of the mixture!

Good luck! I cannot bake anything sweet without sampling it at least half a dozen times!

JFT Tuesday 22nd October

@Snowflake1968 , I took your advice and tried a Leslie Sansone video, I see what you mean about adding in extra bits. I started with a one mile, and oh my goodness, I am so uncordinated! Felt so odd "walking" inside.
        @TerriRichardson, 4 miles! I'm not there yet lol.
        I finished up with a 20 minute walk round the houses before bedtime, and then spent an uncomfortable night with pain in my hip and leg. It's occurred to me that nighttime is not the best time to walk as I'm not getting any sunshine, so will try to move it to daytime soon.

Leslie Sansone videos really get my heart pumping. I can actually tell that I'm working harder walking inside to one of her videos than when I walk a mile outside with my dog! I need to get back to doing those videos again too. Like you, I am pretty sure I'd fall flat on the floor if I tried to do the 4 mile one! LOL

I have the same issue about walking outside in the dark. It gets dark pretty darn early here in Wisconsin now and by the time I get home from work and finish dinner, it's dusk and I cannot get a walk in without it getting dark. I actually love walking at dusk because that is when I hear the owls and see the little creatures, but we have no street lights on most of our streets and it is pitch black and kind of scary actually. So, I get it. My goal is to get up earlier in the mornig and get a walk in before work but we'll see if I EVER manage to do that....even once. :smile:

JFT Wednesday

WFTY: Climbing. Yesterday was stressful as we had to pick up the check for the car I wrecked, but we had to get to the office by 5:00 and we BARELY made it. Plus I had a checkup with my oncologist, which always goes smoothly but inevitably gets me subconsciously thinking about death.

I really, really hope I outlive my parents. I'll miss them, of course, but burying a child has to be the worst thing in the world.

I didn't realize you were a cancer survivor. You go, girl! I am coming up on 8 years out from breast cancer, so I completely understand the anxiety that goes into the check ups. I don't think I even realize how anxious I am until I get the "all good" and walk out of the office. I catch myself doing the big sigh of relief, and I hadn't even realized how shallow I had been breathing. I also understand the hope of outliving your parents. I actually prayed for that while going through chemotherapy and treatment. My parents have already buried a child. It would be devastating for then to have to bury a second. It's just not the natural order of things in my mind. (((HUGS))) my friend.

@TerriRichardson112 Love the inspirational pics you post! It was the first thing I saw when I logged on today and made me smile! :smile:

@Snowflake1968 I hope you find your ring soon! When we moved to town, I lost the mother's ring my kids had given me for Christmas one year. I cherished it more than my wedding ring, actually. I have never found it and it makes me sad everytime I think about it. (((HUGS)))
      • PackerFanInGB
        PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
        Options

Just for Tuesday:
        • Get up when alarm goes off...NO SNOOZE! DO NOT PRESS SNOOZE! NO, NO, NO! :s
        • Only eat between the hours of 10:00a and 6:00p :)
        • No sugar/no flour :sI ate 2 TBSP of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
        • Log every bite :)
        • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down :s
        • Drink 80+ oz of water :s
        • Be patient and do my best with new provider tomorrow again :)
        • Update the letter template by end of day :s
        • Walk dog after work :s
        • Prep for Wednesday :)
        • Prelog Wednesday's food diary :s
        • Update 2 week food diary for doctor follow-up on Wednesday :)
        • Bed at 9:00, gratitude journal, JM or DO reading & Simple Abundance, Calm app & then read mystery. Lights out at 10:30. :)

Didn't do so well yesterday as far as smiles, BUT the smiles I did get were important to me, so I'll take it!

It's Work-At-Home Wednesday! I love working from home. I am so grateful that they let me do this once a week. It kind of rejuvenates me. I find the older I get, the more quiet time I need to refresh.

I have been working really hard at finding a happy place inside and rid myself of the worry and anxiety over everything and everyone. I'm feeling much better emotionally as long as I really stay cognizant of what I can change and what I cannot. I've been praying over things I cannot change and trying to hand them over. I've been writing 5 things in my Gratitude Journal at night before bed again and that really helps me keep my head in a place of gratitude versus attitude.

Yesterday's 5 gratitudes:
        1. Good day at work.
        2. Text from granddaughter just to say she loves me
        3. Coffee
        4. Supper with Tim
        5. Cuddles from my dog when I got home

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
        SW: 188.6 on 10/8
        CW: 186.4 -2.2
        GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

Just for Wednesday:
        • Get up when alarm goes off...NO SNOOZE! DO NOT PRESS SNOOZE! NO, NO, NO!
        • Only eat between the hours of 10:00a and 6:00p
        • No sugar/no flour
        • Log every bite
        • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down
        • Drink 80+ oz of water
        • Update the letter template by end of day
        • Walk dog or do Leslie Sansone video after work
        • Prep for Thursday
        • Prelog Thursday's food diary
        • Bed at 9:00, gratitude journal, JM or DO reading & Simple Abundance, Calm app & then read mystery. Lights out at 10:30.

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• cschmitz110515
        cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,513 Member
        Options
        @aubyshortcake I don't know if you walk your dogs using a harness, but I do. When she was a puppy, she pulled so hard! The harness saved both of us, and I still use it 7 years later. She knows right where I hang it, along with her leash, and gets so excited when I reach them both. It doesn't hurt her at all, and I have so much more control of her, especially if I have the clip on her chest (vs. her back).

@Snowflake1968 Hoping you find your ring!