Online dating

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    threewins wrote: »
    Do they work? It depends on your gender, age, race, location, etc. Generally, the older you are, the less people you could date are making profiles online. If you have specific requirements (such as wanting someone who is childless or into sports) that's going to reduce your dating pool.

My opinion - use them but don't be surprised if you don't start a relationship with someone you met on a dating app.

What does race have to do with anything? 🤔
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I get a lot of men who match with me but don’t say anything or give one word answers and take forever to respond. I actually think a lot of these men on apps are not really single.

I have met a few cool people though.
    A friend of mine does the same. He is married but he is on every dating app. He said he won't get divorce until he finds the next right fit 🥺

What an asshat
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Back in the day, like 7 years ago, I used POF and OKCupid. Definitely liked OKC better. POF was a total crapshoot. But not a lot of luck on either tbh.

Met my husband here on mfp over 6 years ago when and where I least expected it 😂
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I met my wife on FarmersOnly.Com

( the 2nd cousin edition )

LMAO!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I get a lot of men who match with me but don’t say anything or give one word answers and take forever to respond. I actually think a lot of these men on apps are not really single.

A friend of mine does the same. He is married but he is on every dating app. He said he won't get divorce until he finds the next right fit 🥺

What an asshat

Agreed. I don't think I could even stay friends with someone like that, honestly.

Yep. Me too
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    edited October 2019

Horrible

Some people can't handle being alone so they don't let go one hand until they are holding other.

I agree, that is a horrible way to act.
  • CalgaryMac
    CalgaryMac Posts: 19 Member
    Internet dating is like a blind date without someone introducing you to the other person. I have used and it works - we have been married 15 years.
  • opaquekat4000
    opaquekat4000 Posts: 5 Member
    I've used it before. Never met anyone in person from Tinder. It seems too sketchy in my opinion. I liked talking to the people on OKC more.
    I ended up finding my S/O on Craigslist lol
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    I've used it before. Never met anyone in person from Tinder. It seems too sketchy in my opinion. I liked talking to the people on OKC more.

In all seriousness ...craigslist is less sketchy than tinder???
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I don't recommend the site:

TheseGirlsAreBatGuanoCrazy.com

... live and learn

*shrug
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited October 2019

... live and learn

*shrug

I've not known where to go since jailbabes.com ceased their services

eta: I'm such a fool! They're back!!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

... live and learn

*shrug

I've not known where to go since jailbabes.com ceased their services

The last incarcerated girl I dated gave me a list of what she wanted for her birthday:

1. File
    2. File
    3. File
    4. Shank
    5. File

• kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2019

In all seriousness ...craigslist is less sketchy than tinder???

My thoughts exactly.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    kerrysjunk wrote: »
    One bloke on my Management Committee has been taken for over $40,000 by two ladies in the last three years. They start slow - then ramp it up. You would think he could learn a lesson - right..??

So this friend of yours... Still got money to burn?? Asking for a friend 😏
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

... live and learn

*shrug

*swipe down if you like crazy and fun and ...
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Speaking of Catfish, I used to love that show. But then I got annoyed at all the people who were falling in love with people with broken cameras. I do remember one guy though, he was chatting with an ipod touch which doesn't have a camera. That episode was surprising because everything he said was true.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    What's the worst thing that could happen??

*listening*
  • People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

I'll just wait for a sheildmaiden to walk into my life 😂😭
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

I'll just wait for a sheildmaiden to walk into my life 😂😭

It’s been the norm for a long time. I think it’s odd to want an exclusive commitment right from the start. Seems controlling. Maybe there’s a middle ground?