WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    Options
    Just catching up. At p63. Nothing to add to what has already been written so far except:

(((Hugs))) and positive vibes to all. It's a lovely day here today, but not sure how long it will last. No scheduled activities today so catching up on chores and accounts.

☘️
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Machka: With you on Christmas. Far too early to think about it!
    Heather: I prep everything for Christmas dinner, which I host. Nobody has died yet! 😂
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kelly tell me more about the challenges you are doing. My treadmill is all set up and I'm ready to take a mileage challenge on, so excited!

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Pip - ((((HUGS)))) My heart is breaking for you and Kirby. Just saw your post that came in a couple minutes ago. I am crying here with you.

Okie
    - dang me girl, you have your Christmas cards finished already? My goal was to get them done before Thanksgiving and I thought I'd win the early bird prize, lol. I don't have that many. Other than a few family members, I'm turning into "sending one in return". I agree with Tracey, postage is expensive plus the time it takes when a person is working full time.

Barbara AHMOD
    - shoot! Sorry about that water heater, so glad to hear you were able to get it replaced in the same day. Your thanksgiving plans sound perfect. I have looked high and low for turkey legs and/or hindquarters, will likely have to head to the "big city".

So sorry to hear about all of you with roofs that need replacing!

I fell off the low-carb wagon last night- hit the ice cream HARD, lol. But back on it today. Really liking not being hungry thanks to eating more fat and protein. Last night was a culmination of things - DH is in a lot of pain right now with his RA, very quiet. I miss my guy who used to laugh and joke all the time. :(

Speaking of pain.... last week I'd been waking up with headache-back of the neck type and sinus. Thought about what I had around here other than Ben-gay type stuff. Then... aha, Flexall 420!! Good old medical cannabis cream. Rubbed some of that on the back of my neck before bed and voila, have been sleeping like a baby. Oddly, sinuses not hurting either. :o . Apparently there's CBD/only cream that has similar effects I want to try, available locally, that a friend is using and I'll meet up with her tomorrow to see if she still likes it.

OK, time to hustle here.

Make it a good day, dear ones. <3

Lanette
    Foggy SW WA State

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    (((Pip)))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Pip - I echo all the love sent to you. <3<3<3

Barbara - Oooouuuuffff! What a pain! That kind of expense is a real downer. :'(

Enjoyed going out last night, even though the lecture wasn't brilliant. It was nice to put my face on, wear a dress, and I even got out my smart winter coat and my knee length boots. I put a brooch on the coat lapel that DH had bought me this year. And I wore a heart necklace he had bought me.
    Learnt a little bit about Switzerland. Mainly that the different language groups don't much like each other and prefer to speak English rather than the other's language. :o

On the way home I felt like making use of my finery, so we got off the bus at the music pub and I had a small beer. We didn't stay long as the music wasn't brilliant, but it made more of a night of it. We don't often go out at night.

This morning I was writing my memoir (hooray!) to the very annoying sound of building work from behind us. High pitched grinding. :# Then it started absolutely pouring with rain, which put a stop to it. :p

I'm going to row this afternoon for my bonus calories. Got to catch up with the Hairy Bikers before tonight's last episode. I can watch it on my tablet while I am rowing. Got to burn enough for a small portion of pasta tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Pip:So sorry to hear about Floyd. You’ve done what you can for him. (((Hugs)))
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Pip- Netter that your here for it will make it easier for the pup.

Found I can change my diary names- So finally it says Brunch,Dinner,Drinks,Snacks,Restaurant,y meal w/Hubby. Instead of ones I can’t use.

Trying hard today to stay on track winter 🥶 munchies are my foe every year. Trying to stay focused egg whites on wheat toast instead of munchies that don’t fill me up enough.Veggies y Salads as side dishes as my ch as my stomach condition will allow.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Pip and Kirby
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    New Recipe I created:

Fall Apple 🍎 Pork y Beans
    1.Apple use half sweet not sour
    2.spinach 2cups
    3. 3 cans pork y beans 4 if tiny cans
    bake 45min At 400* degrees

Chicken baked with g Hughes bbq sauce 10calories on the side

Crystal light peach tea 8-16oz only 5-10calories

Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My heat breaks for you Pip. Having just put one of mine down, I can’t imaging twice so close together. Just know he loved you and knew you helped him cross over with the least amount of pain.

RvRita
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    Hugs for Pip. So difficult!
  • webersusan558
    webersusan558 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pip: sorry to hear about your fur babies. You have had a rough year. Cheers to you.
    One more day closer to Christmas and Thanksgiving and still no plans, no shopping and no clue what we will do this year...
    Happy Almost weekend lovely ladies..
    Susan E Washington
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    ((( Pip and Kirby)))

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Pip--Sending hugs and prayers.

Cold Fall day here and looking forward to tomorrow off then I work a 12 hour shift on Saturday .

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    Pip- Sorry to hear about Floyd!
    <3 (((Hugs))) <3

Mary from Arizona/Minnesota