Online dating

145791023

Replies

  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,688 Member
    Tinder, yeah it works sometimes and can be a good platform to get started. But most of the time it goes nowhere. Might give Bumble a go.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Nope..... never will.....
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,140 Member
    People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

    That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

    I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

    I'll just wait for a sheildmaiden to walk into my life 😂😭

    It’s been the norm for a long time. I think it’s odd to want an exclusive commitment right from the start. Seems controlling. Maybe there’s a middle ground?

    I also expect exclusive dating. I can't even chat with two guys at the same time without feeling bad about it. If that means I will be alone, so be it. I've taken sloppy seconds before and never again. I am worth it for someone. Or I'm not and that is fine too

    I hope you find what you’re looking for and that it turns out well ❤️

    Eta: fwiw, of course you’re worth it if that’s what you want. From my point of view though, it’s about getting to know someone before making what I see as a serious commitment.

    2nd edit: I feel as though I am worth the patience and the effort. Though tbh, it might be a long wait.

    :heart:
    Its for this reason I have given up on online dating. How much can you really get to know someone online? And how can you trust them? Maybe its just me, but I am tired of all the effort with no results. I would rather be alone than in a constant state of doubt
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,111 Member
    threewins wrote: »
    People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

    That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

    I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

    I'll just wait for a sheildmaiden to walk into my life 😂😭

    It’s been the norm for a long time. I think it’s odd to want an exclusive commitment right from the start. Seems controlling. Maybe there’s a middle ground?

    Nah I'm far from controlling, I just like loyalty, I wouldn't be messing around with other girls if I was dating someone, my interest would be in her, if they want to date multiple people it's fine but just don't involve me.

    I understand monogamy but in what you’re describing it’s the logistics I don’t understand. If you’ve just met, how does that work?

    If I went on a date with someone I really liked, I'd stop seeing other people, or planning other dates with prospective partners. I can understand that this method is complicated when you are going on first dates with multiple people, that usually doesn't happen for most men.

    Ah ok. That does explain that aspect of it.

    Do you not feel it’s a red flag when someone demands exclusivity right from the start? Perhaps that’s primarily a worry women contend with?

    I guess there is a difference between demanding and asking. No one likes being told what to do. But if a lady suggested that the only way she'd be giving it up to me is was for me to stop using an app, that sounds reasonable.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 894 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Nope..... never will.....

    I used to say the same....
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,111 Member
    I think that the reason why so many men find Tinder useless is because it's a hookup app. Not many women are looking for a hookup.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,354 Member
    threewins wrote: »
    Not many women are looking for a hookup.

    21_MadelainePetsch_Wink.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    threewins wrote: »
    I think that the reason why so many men find Tinder useless is because it's a hookup app. Not many women are looking for a hookup.

    🤨
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 894 Member
    edited October 2019
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Went out on a Tinder date last night. It went really well and he actually brought me flowers. That has not happened in years. I was shocked. Lol

    That is so nice!!! Let us know how it goes.

    PS does he have a friend like him:-)?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited October 2019
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Went out on a Tinder date last night. It went really well and he actually brought me flowers. That has not happened in years. I was shocked. Lol

    Ooohhh! Nice! Sounds promising. Keep us posted please. I'll have to live vicariously thru you 😆
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because of this thread I just signed on on tinder. This like a hot or not exercise isnt it?? Anyways, if I end up getting a match I will report back.

    Good luck!
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2019
    I only use them for ONS‘s. Wouldn‘t expect to find someone for a serious relationship
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    I only use them for ONS‘s.

    Finally.
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    I only use them for ONS‘s.

    Finally.

    😀