What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Options

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If someone occasionally uses a filter because they find it fun or cute, cool. If every photo is filtered, I would probably think they are insecure about something. The same is true if someone won’t leave the house without makeup. But, we all have some insecurities. We’re human.

I don’t judge women who use filters, get plastic surgery, etc but I am a big fan of natural beauty. Wearing a bit of makeup is way different than getting surgery or completely transforming your face with a filter. I feel like with all of the fake enhancements and special effects, some people have forgotten what real beauty is.

I live in L.A. where there are beautiful people everywhere and there is a lot of pressure to be fake and more beautiful than the next woman. I do feel these filters and things are overall detrimental and contribute to these unrealistic ideas of what beauty should be. But, to each their own.

to each their own, use of filters, makeup, surgeries, distortions and whatever else, BUT ALSO to each their own opinions, judgments, rights and wrongs.

Agreed

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Bragging about good deeds you've done. Cool, good deeds are awesome! But no need to post it for attention.

I'm thinking that it depends on the scale of the good deed.....

Help out an old lady reach a top shelf at the Grocery?
    Leave it alone.

Donate 3 million dollars for medical equipment in a Children's Hospital?
    Go ahead, put your name on the building.

but when the check bounces?

..... have I told you about the time I gave up my seat on the Subway to the pregnant lady ??

Was your stop wasn't it?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Bragging about good deeds you've done. Cool, good deeds are awesome! But no need to post it for attention.

Leave it alone.

..... have I told you about the time I gave up my seat on the Subway to the pregnant lady ??

Was your stop wasn't it?

No. Of course not.

well...

maybe.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Leave it alone.

Was your stop wasn't it?

No. Of course not.

well...

maybe.

Also you get fewer points if she’s hot 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Leave it alone.

Was your stop wasn't it?

No. Of course not.

well...

maybe.

Also you get fewer points if she’s hot 🤷🏼‍♀️

you know me too well.

deduct 7 points

okay, 9
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    having a mo-foing loud motorcycle
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Okay, dumb kid story time:

Once upon a time, I was extremely insecure and liked to blend into the background as much as possible. I was an overweight, unattractive teenager compared to my peers, couldn't wear makeup and hung out in baggy clothes. That is what I became known for (depressed art kid aesthetic sans makeup).

When I transitioned to college, I decided to throw it all out the window and start fresh since no one at my school knew me as I had moved states to attend. I started dressing like the photo below. Still never embraced makeup (unless glitter counts as makeup), but was very "out there" compared to the average college kid (at the time).

e1vlz4k9fsss.jpg

Point is, did I get stared at and a bunch of rude/mean comments? Yep. Did I get people approaching me, talking to me about what I wore and being amazed that I could wear it as "regular" clothing? Also, yep. I wore the clothes like someone would wear makeup. It was my makeup, more or less, only outlandish. But it got people talking, for good or ill. And it taught me that what I was wearing as a security blanket of sorts others thought I was wearing because I was secure in my self-image and just didn't care. And honestly? It did become that way by the end of my four years, but it didn't start out that way.

What was nice was that it gave people permission, more or less, to approach me, to start a conversation with and engage with me (even if it started off with bad intentions). And in the end? We learned more about one another. I learned more about perception in those four years than I had before.. or since. So many things that you admire might come from a place of insecurity.. and so many things you see as insecurities may not be at all. You really just can't know.

What's really amusing to me is when you see "your style" become more mainstream. People wearing cat ear headbands like it's totally normal.. meanwhile, I'd been doing it for ages. Things that were seen as weird or unsavory are no longer seen that way (think about tattoos and some body piercings). They're becoming commonplace.

It's just an interesting bit of observation.

Sorry, story time over!

❤️ I really appreciate having you around here
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    1fvso528rrke.png
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    1fvso528rrke.png

😆
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1fvso528rrke.png

... but he's very secure, Clarice. :laugh:
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    1fvso528rrke.png

... but he's very secure, Clarice. :laugh:

Not the fellows that put him in it
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Once upon a time, I was extremely insecure and liked to blend into the background as much as possible. I was an overweight, unattractive teenager compared to my peers, couldn't wear makeup and hung out in baggy clothes. That is what I became known for (depressed art kid aesthetic sans makeup).

When I transitioned to college, I decided to throw it all out the window and start fresh since no one at my school knew me as I had moved states to attend. I started dressing like the photo below. Still never embraced makeup (unless glitter counts as makeup), but was very "out there" compared to the average college kid (at the time).

e1vlz4k9fsss.jpg

Point is, did I get stared at and a bunch of rude/mean comments? Yep. Did I get people approaching me, talking to me about what I wore and being amazed that I could wear it as "regular" clothing? Also, yep. I wore the clothes like someone would wear makeup. It was my makeup, more or less, only outlandish. But it got people talking, for good or ill. And it taught me that what I was wearing as a security blanket of sorts others thought I was wearing because I was secure in my self-image and just didn't care. And honestly? It did become that way by the end of my four years, but it didn't start out that way.

What was nice was that it gave people permission, more or less, to approach me, to start a conversation with and engage with me (even if it started off with bad intentions). And in the end? We learned more about one another. I learned more about perception in those four years than I had before.. or since. So many things that you admire might come from a place of insecurity.. and so many things you see as insecurities may not be at all. You really just can't know.

What's really amusing to me is when you see "your style" become more mainstream. People wearing cat ear headbands like it's totally normal.. meanwhile, I'd been doing it for ages. Things that were seen as weird or unsavory are no longer seen that way (think about tattoos and some body piercings). They're becoming commonplace.

Sorry, story time over!

Fantastic post. 😊
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Women that do their makeup to go to the gym.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    And we're back to square one

Thanks for covering. I was exhausted from earlier
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

...but with less energy
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Leave it alone.

How many times do I have to say.. Thanks I appreciated it but I'm not pregnant, I just had a big lunch 🙄

😁
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Did anyone say selfies yet? Or filtered selfies? 😏😇
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

e1vlz4k9fsss.jpg

Sorry, story time over!

Super cute