• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    fu96j5vc6jfe.jpg
    Edie and Max in Cornwall. I think the weather has taken a turn for the worse since this photo was taken!!!!! :o
    Looks horrible on the TV weather forecast.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My big accomplishment this afternoon was to wrangle my cat and cut his toenails. What a job. He fights it all the way but it has to be done. Otherwise he snags every soft surface he walks on.
    Shirley
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Watch out - it's Haunted Refrigerator Night!

"Coming the day before Halloween, Haunted Refrigerator Night celebrates the horrors lurking in the back of refrigerators. Often we place leftover food in a container to eat later, and it ends up getting pushed to the back of the fridge, where it transforms itself into a scary sludge, and waits to frighten us when we eventually find it again, months or years later. On this day, family and friends join together, open the fridge door, and brace themselves for the worst as they search the bottom shelf for leftover food haunting the refrigerator."

Katla - Oh, no, I hope the missing keys turn up before you have to replace them!

Sue - You're so lucky to have a place for lap swimming nearby! That is on my list of things to investigate before we move again, because I've really missed it.

Tina - "Taco" eggs sound pretty good. I'll bet Philip would love that for a weekend breakfast. I'll have to try it.

Heather - What an awful thing to happen to your DH's aunt. A broken bone would be challenge enough at that age, without the prolonged exposure. Will keep her in my thoughts.

Many thanks to you all for the book recommendations!

I confess that we are overdue for a good refrigerator cleanout at our house. I really want to buy a new fridge so I've been putting it off.

Speaking of refrigerators, apparently all of our Texan whining about the hot weather worked because we got a cold front and it's really chilly out today. Think the overnight forecast is for just above freezing, so I had to run out and close up the greenhouse this afternoon.

We're going out to dinner with friends tonight and I know I'll eat more than I normally would for dinner, so I kept calories to a minimum today and also made sure to do my Nordic Track. I recently added five minutes to my at-home cardio workouts.

It's always a high spot in my day to see what you all have to say!

-Yvonne in TX
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

Although I was frustrated with MFP over the past few days I will say the support team does respond. MFP was aware of the issues many users were having. All seems to be resolved.

I have a Windows phone which is no longer supported by MFP so I cannot use it like an app on my phone. I access using Chrome (Google) and/or Internet Explorer on my laptop. I won the phone via a contest at work and phones here in the US are so darn expensive I will not upgrade until this one no longer works.

Thank you all for your feedback and MFP statuses.

I cannot believe tomorrow is the last day of October! Where has the time gone?! :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) New thread will start sometime tomorrow
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol- 40 minute drive to my Dads church theirs nothing for kids I watch JR during service y Sunday school when we attend.
    City Churches here’s rules are scary I feel sorry for kids forced to go !
    1. Security system with eye y finger scanner plus ID to drop off y pickup.
    2. No notice to parents if child becomes ill might have a piece a paper 📝 in bag at pickup
    3. No food substitutes even for diabetes or allergies
    4. Cannot check on child or pickup early
    5. All 2yr olds up (some churches say 4) must be potty trained
    6. Cannot know who workers are or see play area
    7. Doors are locked until pickup times
    8. Lots of questions like discipline they refused to answer.

So nope 👎 not an option

He’ll be in school soon enough anyways
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited October 2019
    Options
    c6rh3meayflp.jpeg
    o2w2yw78d45t.jpeg

Dads church out in the country side older folks a baby or 2 occasionally. No workers just parents taking care of baby a nice nursery if you need to take baby out with toys in it all clean y nothing sharp but old of course. Here’s hubby ,JR,my Uncle (my side of the family Tio Dan) ,y his friend in a blue jacket on Sunday School. Other main services JRs getting a back rub

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Heather – So sorry to hear about DH’s aunt. The poor dear. How terrifying for her! I keep trying to get in the habit of carrying my phone everywhere just in case, but like most leave it laying around. I must try and get better at it even if I am just taking a shower. Sending positive thoughts for her quick recovery and hoping she can continue an independent life. Happy one-year anniversary in your home!

Rebecca – Thank you for sharing the pictures. Tucker is adorable. Athena has such a personality. She is a cutie!

RvRita – Happy for you and the scale moving in the right direction for you. Those plateaus can be frustrating. Love the fact you did not derail and stuck to the plan!

Vicki – Hope the new neighbors work out. I always get a little antsy when one of the units around me sells and I have to anticipate getting to know the new neighbors. Sorry to hear you have had such an awful experience. The last unit sold to a much younger couple and I said to myself, “oh no, lots of parties and such”. My internal thoughts proved to be incorrect and reminded me not to judge before I get to know. They turned out to be a lovely couple and when parties are going on I am always invited. I actually call the husband, the mayor. He knows everyone and keeps abreast of everything going on in the community.

Rori – I would be as traumatized as your DB. I cannot remember the last time I saw snow!

Michele – Hopefully the permanent bridge will be installed soon! You have had your challenges with the replacement process. Sorry about Loki. If this is unusual behavior Loki may be ill and it may be time for a vet visit. I still do not know how you bake so much and manage to not partake. If I made brownies they would never make it to the freezer!

sh0tzz99 – I have always been a napper but also an extremely early riser. My favorite thing to do during the weekends is to take a decent nap each day. Sounds like some mediation and/or visualization exercises may assist. 100 years ago I used to stress out and an old timer at work said to me, you have to start thinking differently. When you go through that door (leaving work) pretend you’re a duck and just let it roll off of your back like water runs off a duck’s back. I started visualizing the day rolling behind me every time I left work and it helped. Enjoy Disneyland – maybe the break is what you need!

Katie – Sorry about your dad. Poor guy. How many soft foods can someone eat before it is entirely boring! Hoping he has a quick recovery.

Evelyn – Hope your mini-goals are working out. I think sometimes we stress ourselves out trying to tackle too many things at once. Changing one small thing can make such a big difference.

NYKaren – Love the penny idea!

Mallie – Congratulations on your weight loss. Wow, 51 pounds down! What a fabulous milestone. Hope all works out with the doctor and he is reasonable and realizes you’re an asset. If not, it sounds like you have a solid plan in place.

Amber – I do not know how you and DH keep up with JR! Wow, I see how some of the City Church rules are related to security, but wow! And, parents cannot know workers and/or check on their child. Sounds like a set up for abuse. It’s great you have options, but I imagine other parents do not. And, simply just scary to me!

Pip – Hope you have a great trip!

Lisa – I just love when Smokey the cat complains about something he is not happy about. He is strictly an indoor cat and will sit and meow at the window when he wants fresh air. He’s pretty good about not waking me in the wee hours of the morning.

Grocery Delivery – I haven’t tried it. Living alone it’s best for me to run out to the stores to make sure I am amongst humanity every now and then. Reading through the positive comments I will consider if I am ever sick or just too busy to properly shop.

Whew – I think I am caught up for the end of October. If I missed anyone it was not intentional – see you next month!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Options
    Drat!!! MFP just shut down on me and I lost my comments post! Now I can’t remember most of what I was typed before!
    Briefly:
    Heather: Regrets re DH’s aunt. Hope she gets her op soon and recovers her independence.
    Amber: (((hugs))) That JR is a live wire.
    Yvonne: I exorcised my Haunted Fridge by buying fridge drawers. Now it’s easy to check and dispose of out-if-date leftovers.

Can’t remember any more 😂

☘️Terri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Terri it’s doing the same to me got to write super fast y push post then I’m booted off it reloads.

Suzi- exactly my fears if I can’t pop in to know stuff then or ask questions to workers if a bruise is present then how do I know what they wrote on paper is true? JRs still learning to talk so definitely not doing it plus had a bad feeling guts never wrong.
    I survived a Daughter who climbed like a goat 🐐 (she never fell was miraculous how she could stand side ways almost on slippery surfaces never even stumble!) just got to survive a clumsy boy now lol. I’m not as young as before but I know quicker solutions like out it higher,locks,in another room storage,etc were not buying furniture until he’s older lol less to climb or bump himself on that way or hide food in!

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Allie – do you think my gums would recede in three weeks? Or my teeth shift in three weeks? Now if this was forever, I would say that they might, but in three weeks? I’ve already had the bridge put it back in place once and less than 24 hours later it came out as I was having soft cheese.

How I wish Vince would replace some of the bushes. He has to stand on a ladder to trim a few of them. A couple don’t bother me, but there is one that I get scared to death every time he trims it. Yes, it’s only once/year that he trims it. But it’s on a slope, I have to hold the ladder while he’s using the electric hedge trimmer. It really does scare me. Maybe now he can do it, but what happens if he can’t. If he can’t, I’ll have the bushes replaced with bushes that don’t grow real tall so that I don’t have to trim them.

Jess is going to have a white Halloween….what a change from the Caribbean

I feel so bad for the trick or treaters. They’re calling for thunderstorms tomorrow. Rained all day today. We don’t even have the inflatables out, and we probably won’t get them out. Well, for us that’s good because before you can put them away, you have to dry them. At least we won’t have to do that.

Bought this item, skinny pasta. Think I’ll give it a try. Someone at bowling suggested it. Well, it can’t hurt. It’s not something that needs refrigeration like shirataki noodles The package says that they’re made of konjac. To be honest, I’d never heard of konjac. It says that it is a plant native to Japan and has been used there for hundreds of years. The roots are harvested to create noodles. Konjack contains fiber and absorbs water to help you feel full.

Regarding Haunted fridge: I make things and then portion them out and put in the freezer. The only thing in the refrigerator are the meals that we’re going to eat the following week

Michele in NC
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've had to jump a bunch of pages...just couldn't catch up. I had several attempts at reading when mfp was down. I don't know if I just have terrible timing or the problem was really my computer. Regardless, sorry for missing a lot of info. Hope everyone is okay!! I did see Pip's sad news with your fur baby! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Cold and rainy here in the mountains. I guess it's preparing me for the trip up north next week. I'm enjoying my electric throw!

Luci in NC :#
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Readers (and non-readers) thank you for the great list! I’m going to read reviews and then check a few out of the library.

Today was a total busy crazy day! Gardened for 3 hours, embroidered, meet with clients, unloaded and stacked a cord of firewood, then took my ½ nephew and his girlfriend (they are in high school) out to dinner. Totally shot any chance of calorie count – we had fish and chips (but really fish and fries) for dinner.

I had not met the girlfriend before, she seems very nice, bright and looking to be challenged at school and in a career. She’s 17 and isn’t sure which direction she wants to go. Mike (my ½ nephew) is much less forward looking, he is constantly looking for a get rich quick scheme at just 16 – the current one is he is trying to find someone to sue for something/anything. Much of dinner conversation was about what a stupid lame idea that was; I’m not sure he understood that all the “just because” suing just costs everyone money and there is no magic bucket of money he is dipping into. I will be coming back to this idea in the future.

Kim from N. California
  • jrsepe12
    jrsepe12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Weekend was a little rough, was at a birthday party Saturday and a buffet on Sunday. Thank goodness shrimp doesn’t have a lot of calories! Back on track during the week, walking more and consuming fewer calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Regarding posting while using a phone or tablet ... if you move the phone or tablet mid-post, it will disappear. You've got to keep the phone or tablet still.

Also, there was a time that if you used emojies in a post, while using a phone or tablet, the post would disappear. I don't know if that has been fixed or not.

But that's why I find it easier to post using my desktop or laptop.

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Super busy week this week. Between work and home feels like I haven't stopped. Got to PT for leg. Believe knee itself is stable, IT Band, adductors, quads all a bit messed up. Less strength and flexibility. Plan is to work on stretching and strengthening. Trying to follow instructions. After first pt when I got home I stood on one leg and left seized up and pain in knee was intense. Walked it out and iced, etc. Yesterday a bit better. Put off doing exercises until evening (once a day instead of twice). No problems. Going to give them a try this am.

Happy Halloween all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Second time this fall that it's been below freezing in the morning morning, but not far below, just one degree here - they were thinking they'd get snow on the north side of the mountains (we're in the southern foothills), but that didn't pan out. At least it's dry, and supposed to be for the next four days. Then the rains start up again.

I try not to post on phone or tablet because I'm so blinking slow with that dinky virtual keyboard, but never had issues losing posts other than the fact that I'd hit the "done" button instead of the "post" button, so it was my own fault.

Good day yesterday - mini-reorganization at work, but little to no impact on me. During weekly one-on-ones on Mondays, still slugging it out verbally with my new boss, but she used to write grants, so while she pays lip service to me being valuable, she still thinks I'm doing it wrong, because I'm not doing it her way. Lots of words. Trying to capture what value I can from it, but most I simply let roll off. Upper management is happy with what I do and how I'm doing it, so I'm less worried than I might be.

I am trying to adjust to honestly being happier than I've ever been in my life. That sounds a little weird, and may be yet another outgrowth of all the endorphins from exercising daily--but I find myself just beaming at people for no reason. Stresses roll off my back. I love my husband, love our house, love my job, love the fact that he loves HIS job. Can't remember ever being in a space where I wasn't pushing up against something large to try to change it. Which is why the whole struggle with the new boss is quite minimal. She's what she is, I can't change her, all I can change is my attitude toward her.

OK, time to go put on my gym shoes and head down the mountain. If I don't stop in later, we'll see you all in November! For the new ones, Barbie will post a link at end of her day which will lead you to the new monthly thread.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies 💐💐💐!!Just wanted to pop in say Hey,and wish y’all Happy Halloween 👻🎃!!Things have gotten so busy,there’s No time to sit or read everything here that’s been going on with y’all.😔😔 Prayers,hugs,love ❤️,and much gratitude for y’all!!
    Debby In Va