I don’t know how to relate to people who..

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I agree its really infuriating when drivers dont pay attention to people in crosswalks, but its also very annoying when people are too lazy to walk to the end of the block to the crosswalk and pop out in the middle of the street to cross through traffic.

Oh, those people? I always thought they liked playing frogger, i never slow down for them

Frogger..... :lol:
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I agree its really infuriating when drivers dont pay attention to people in crosswalks, but its also very annoying when people are too lazy to walk to the end of the block to the crosswalk and pop out in the middle of the street to cross through traffic.

My typical response for this type of crossing is "Hey, whatda*kitten* you doing! Use the da*kitten*n crosswalk!" At least in a crosswalk if they get hit, they have the law on their side.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

Where I live now crosswalks are often a quarter of a mile apart where they exist at all. I feel bad for pedestrians of any type around here but especially old people and people trying to fit everything in on their half hour lunch.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Where I live now crosswalks are often a quarter of a mile apart where they exist at all. I feel bad for pedestrians of any type around here but especially old people and people trying to fit everything in on their half hour lunch.

Where I live, crosswalks are about a half mile/mile apart in some areas because of urban sprawl. It's part city, part open swamp/delta and there are no sidewalks. So I totally understand why the pedestrians cross in the middle of the highway that runs through our city when there's a break in traffic instead of walking one or more miles to the nearest crosswalk.

Still, they take a risk every time they cross.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Crosswalks are generally placed at the safest point in the road to cross.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited October 2019

Maybe. But I believe taxes and catering to car culture have something to do with it

ETA: I also live in a rural area. The crosswalks in towns are very sporadic.

When I lived in a city they were at every intersection and intersections were frequent.
  • GymGoddessGoals

Maybe. But I believe taxes and catering to car culture have something to do with it

There is the ability for the public to petition for a crosswalk to be installed in a certain area. We had that situation occur here recently. DOT installed cams to monitor the area as well as reviewed accident history in the area and agreed to install a crosswalk. So here at least the people do have a voice.
  • your_future_ex_wife

There is the ability for the public to petition for a crosswalk to be installed in a certain area. We had that situation occur here recently. DOT installed cams to monitor the area as well as reviewed accident history in the area and agreed to install a crosswalk. So here at least the people do have a voice.

I’m wondering if that’s what those wire looking things stretched across the roadway are. Are they monitoring traffic? I’m not describing this well. They are actually on the asphalt and traffic drives over them
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

I’m wondering if that’s what those wire looking things stretched across the roadway are. Are they monitoring traffic? I’m not describing this well. They are actually on the asphalt and traffic drives over them

I've always assumed that's what those were for, to measure traffic flow over certain areas/intersections. Or to see if anyone is popping a wheelie
  • GymGoddessGoals

That's usually a traffic flow monitor. Occassionally here it is also used for law enforcement to measure traffic speeds to let them know if they need to patrol the area a little more often or setup a speed trap.
  • stopthat35
    stopthat35 Posts: 24 Member
    I can't relate to ppl who feel it is ok to blast their music or have the bass so loud it causes buildings to vibrate.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    iMago wrote: »

Reckoner68 wrote: »

I've always assumed that's what those were for, to measure traffic flow over certain areas/intersections. Or to see if anyone is popping a wheelie

That's usually a traffic flow monitor. Occassionally here it is also used for law enforcement to measure traffic speeds to let them know if they need to patrol the area a little more often or setup a speed trap.

thats just what they want you to think

Conspiracies - they're everywhere!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I don’t know how to relate to people who hug. Like on purpose

Post hugged

On purpose

You’re the worst

Post hugged

On purpose

Good idea, I did the same

And you’re the worst

Post hugged

On purpose

Good idea, I did the same

Well you *kitten* know that's how I roll🙋😉🤗🤘

And you’re the worst

Post hugged

On purpose

Me too

And you. I thought the canadians were my people but now I’m rethinking my entire relationship with your country

😂 I'm sorry 🤗
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Those who play mind games.
    I’m way too old for that,
    not enough time left on the planet to waste on people who do.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    JJ3UK wrote: »
    people who don’t like chesse!

It smells like farts and feet. Not going anywhere near my mouth.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

Lol!!
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

Fartsfeet cheese is probably a delicacy somewhere
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited November 2019

Fartsfeet cheese is probably a delicacy somewhere

I remember going on a date to some swanky restaurant that had a cheese cart. The guy pushing it started describing the more “fancy” cheeses. He said “they smell and taste a bit like a wet barn”. 🥴
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    are inconsiderate and rude....geez...hold the door open if someone is behind you..say please and thank you, and have a nice day to someone that helps you at the store etc....
    basic stuff....blows my mind how more often than not..people are just *kitten*

We live in a "Me" society now.

It's sad but true..today I stopped for someone waiting in the cross walk and the idiots behind me started honking
    I just have to shake my head sometimes

I smile and wave at those folks. Or...flip them off, depending on how I'm feeling that day.

I must be crazy but I thought the pedestrian had the right of way at a cross walk..so I just sat there...the poor guy waiting to cross smiled and waved me to go, than gave the *kitten* behind me a thumbs up

I can't count the number of times I've nearly been run over by people who have no concept of crosswalks and/or pedestrians while driving. I run daily in the city and it's one of the most frustrating things I encounter on a daily basis. It's crazy. I find I'm better off wearing incredibly bright clothing even if it's midday. People just don't pay attention/are distracted.

I have a neon orange high-vis jacket for walking. No way I'd ever wear earbuds, I need to be able to hear traffic potentially getting too close to me. I've almost been hit several times crossing on the green at a controlled intersection... one was so close, another driver offered to go after him and teach him a lesson.