JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A good day yesterday. Felt a little rubbish in the morning due to over drinking the previous day. But not that bad, probably because I had drunk a lot of water the previous day and had also eaten food with the alcohol. I managed to do my workout at lunch and to actually have a fairly productive day. We went to a really good concert in the evening and had some nice quality time together. So all in all a good day!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green with a deficit :smile:
    - No alcohol >:)Had two G&T at concert
    - 5+ bottles water :)
    - Exercise DVD :)

- No eating while standing :smiley:
    - Savour every bite >:)I need a plan for doing this, just doesn't happen naturally
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Finish work at 6.30pm :smile:
    - Do 1+ thing in French >:)Ran out of time
    - Email car company :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to pre-logged food and drink
    - 4+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Prepare for coffee with colleague
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Gratitude journal

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    zrz60zmx7njo.png

Omg what amazing outfits!!!
    And she's just adorable!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Don't have much time atm so just gonna do goals.

JFT, 11/1/19

1. Log all my food (good, bad, and ugly)
    2. Drink 84oz
    3. Don't be nervous with the boys
    4. Write 1k words of story
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 968 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 31st October

Back exercises yes
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Gratitude yes
    No snacking okay until evening when I had some crisps
    Pay car insurance, just do it! forced myself, long phone call
    Plant tulip bulbs yes, best part of the day
    Get winter duvet from loft ran out of time, don't like going up after it's dark
    Stick down new rug, try to stop "the creep" tried, will see if it works
    Dog sit yes
    Nurse visit for Mum yes. Mum keeps telling people she is managing fine, it's only because I'm doing everything!

JFT Friday 1st November

Back exercises
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    No snacking
    Lots of parent stuff
    Do some work on my own little business, pack tools for visit tomorrow

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 1/11 180.5 -1.5lbs
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday. Well except food wise. Chocolate took over my life yesterday. I did cook dinner though. That's a huge accomplishment after I get home from work.

I have the whole next week off from school. The only problem is I work per diem so I won't get paid. However, I may be able to pick up a few hours at the ABA clinic I work at in the afternoons. Also, Dad is off from his job and is doing a few side jobs so I'll see if he can use me and kick a few dollars off the rent. Lol. So we'll see.

I'm definitely going to do some writing this week and this whole month because it is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWrMo). Which is a huge thing in the writing community. The goal is to write 50k words on November. I'm definitely going to try to hit that mark!

Okay, enough chatter! Back to work I go.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Review and print study guide. Review Machiavelli plans.
    3. Class 1: Writing prompt: NoRedInk. Malala ch 1-4.
    4. Class 2-3: Goodreads, view friends of friends. Follow at least 5. NoRedInk? Machiavelli Day 1.
    5. Planning: MEETING. Ugh. Call parents if students have not returned PRs. Work on open enrollment. Work on Malala plans. What assessments for Machiavelli?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting. Dinner: ?? Put jewelry away. Fold clothes.
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads. Weigh and prep celery.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm feeling discouraged today. And I'm not sure why.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 188.8
    Loss - 2.6

JFT - Thursday oct 31
    2L of water - >:)
    Log all food - >:)
    15 minutes of exercise - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Friday Nov 1
    2L of Water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

I am starting November at a lower weight and about an inch lower than I was at the beginning of October. I am hoping to stick to my goals better in November and really get the exercise part in.

My hip is bothering me but I can't just not use it for months, so I will suffer through.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Only 2 candies ✔ ✔ none! And on Halloween nonetheless!!!
    3. Log all food ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Waters ✔
    6. Close all sales orders 👎 bigger project than expected
    7. Have DH ice hand in bucket of ice water ✔
    8. Pack lunches 👎 on DH's ✔ on mine
    9. Bed by 930 ✔ but a terrible nights sleep as it was v windy, smoke alarms went off twice probably due to power surges but scary and adrenaline at 11pm and 3am was not what I needed. Thankful it was a false alarm though!!!

JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Log all food
    3. Waters
    4. Finish sales orders
    5. QT with DH
    6. Only 2 candies, only after fruit.
    7. Print hospital tour tickets
    8. Be kind
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    I'm down to having only 2 goals, and I still haven't managed to meet them. I guess I'll write them again and see if today I do better. Okay I already failed at the first one, but the other is still in play.

- Be on time for work
    - No more than one reasonably sized chocolate treat.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Recap R 10/31 Morning started off crazed. I had forgotten to set alarm, and overslept. I had to rush through getting myself ready, taking care of pets & prepping pork roast in crockpot. Only 1/2 hour late to work, but since we're in our lull period, no big deal.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,089 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 43 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / no evening snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = Not too bad for Halloween. Did eat 1 fun size candy & string cheese after choir and logged G/B/U. Net cals -399 :s I miss workout calories! sodium -819 :( , sugar -33 :( , fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    3) Review GA-R(ROP) & be ready to observe Fri. = :)
    4) Evening: put squash in oven as soon as get home :) / trick-or-treaters 4:30 until I leave :) not as many due to snow & freezing cold, so I was handing out candy by handfuls! / choir 6:30 (take funeral luncheon donations) :) / write thank yous (overdue) & J's bday card :) / put clean dishes away :) / review Frontier order wish list no time / other? hauled in remaining 19 gallon jugs of rain water & stored in basement (wanted done since temps are 10-15 degrees below normal this week) :) / emptied kitchen compost bucket in bin :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 >:) 11:00 (workout F a.m.)

JFT F 11/1 ~ No a.m. workout again. I feel rest is more important for me with extra-busy days, and I will restart this weekend/next week.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / at party don't go hog-wild w/ food / enjoy 1-2 adult beverages / net calories ??? water???
    2) Remember to leave 4:00 for appt. / nurse practitioner 4:30 / mail cards & bill on way home
    3) Eat something at home before party / feed pets / remember GPS for drive
    4) Get home at reasonable hour / no alarm for first Saturday in months

Today will be mostly sedentary: I am sitting in Surveillance all afternoon to observe ROP for my audit. Have 4:30 appt. with nurse practitioner. Then driving 35 miles to nearby town for friends' double-milestone-birthday & retirement celebration. Will see friends I haven't seen for several years so excited for that. Just don't want to overdo tonight (especially since my designated driver hubby will be at work).

@cory17 My retirement "countdown" list is pretty simple:
    • age 62 & eligible for SS benefits = done (Oct. 2019)
    • vest 100% in 401(k) at work (Jan. 2021)
    • age 64 for increased SS benefits (Oct. 2021)
    • age 65 for Medicare (I am health insurance holder for myself & hubby and he's 2+ years younger ~ we may purchase coverage for him ourselves, we've done that when I was consulting)
    • age 66 higher SS benefits (Oct. 2023)
    • age 66 1/2 my full retirement age for SS (April 2024)
    • I do not intend to work past April 2024 & hubby will be 64
    We don't have any plans to downsize until we feel we don't want to maintain our two-story house and the yard. We have never considered relocating, since we love living in WI, and both our families are here. Hubby and I both have personal hobbies that have been neglected during our working years that we want to take up again. I will continue to sing in choir and volunteer, and hopefully we will travel occasionally. That's it! What's your list like?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday
    1. mindful eating :) -- except I have been drinking tons of orange juice, and pretty much laying in bed. I hate being sick. WIth the hard freeze last nite ... I NEED to get out and dig up my canna bulbs or I will lose them all. But today is suppose to be 54, so hoping this afternoon I feel good enough to do that.
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :/ Just needed the caffeine
    3. 8+ water :)
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack :/ My appetite was starting to come back, but at least it was healthy snacking .. a orange, then popcorn.

I LOVE all the halloween costumes! Thanks so much everyone for sharing. Kids are so cute, and @snowflake... I love yours!!!

JFT, Fri
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on drinking water
    4. rest ... trying to get over this cold by next week!!

Our son posted some pictures of his napa valley wedding -- they are just beautiful! Now, I just have to get well, and hope hubby and daughter do not get sick.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Just for Thursday:
    • Only eat between the hours of 10:00/10:30a and 6:00/6:30p :)
    • No sugar/no flour/no dairy >:) Ate a few candy bars from the Trick-or-Treat bowl. Don't regret it either!
    • Log every bite :)
    • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down :smile:
    • Drink 80+ oz of water >:)Why, why, why, can I NOT drink enough water??????? ARGH!
    • Get my To-Do folder caught up by end of day :)Did what I needed to by end of day
    • Finish up my NVT's for new version of Epic :)YES! Happy to have these exams out of the way.
    • Scheduling rounding :#Move to Friday
    • Create workflow handout to present at next Tuesday's meeting :)Outline done. Add finishing touches on Friday.
    • Walk dog / Leslie Sansone video / Dance Groove - pick one and do it! :smile: Dance Groove! It's my new guilty pleasure! Dancing around and doing moves she tells you to do, but doing your own spin on them so you cannot get it wrong! Quite the work-out too (for me, anyway)!
    • 20 minutes of strength training - need to Google for easy strength training start-up activities :) Worked on arms and also did some wall push'ups.
    • Set coffeemaker for tomorrow morning. :smile: Pack tomorrow's lunch. :# Pre-journal tomorrow's food except dinner. :# Set out tomorrow's work clothes. :)
    • Bedtime routine, gratitude journal, JM or DO reading & Simple Abundance, Calm app & then read mystery. Lights out at 10:30. B)Totally passed out when I hit the bed last night. Turned on Christmas version of the British Baking show and only saw about 10 minutes of it!

Happy Friday! I am so tempted to take half a day of vacation today and get some errands done, but I know when the time comes that I actually want to take a real vacation, I will wish I didn't use half a day up. So, I'm sticking it out and trying to remember the end goals today. I'm trying to remind myself today to not eat candy because I want to retire healthier than I am today. So, what is really more important to me--Sugar today? Or healthy retirement years to enjoy later? Don't ruin future years by doing what will make me happy short-term today. That's my theme today.

Everyone's pictures of their littles were adorable in their costumes! Very creative everyone! I gave out candy last night and there sure were some adorable kids! So fun!

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 185 -3.6 Gained a pound back from yesterday. DANG IT!
    GW: 183.6 will be a 5 lb loss

Just for Friday:
    • Only eat between the hours of 10:00/10:30a and 6:00/6:30p
    • No sugar/no flour/no dairy
    • Log every bite
    • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • Scheduling rounding
    • Finish workflow handout to present at next Tuesday's meeting
    • Complete rest of to-do's that I have been procrastinating on at work
    • Catch up on Bible study - Losing Weight God's Way
    • Walk dog / Leslie Sansone video / Dance Groove - pick one and do it!
    • 20 minutes of strength training - need to Google for easy strength training start-up activities
    • Set coffeemaker for tomorrow morning. Set alarm for early morning. Set out tomorrow's outfit.
    • Bedtime early, gratitude journal, DO reading, JM podcast, Calm app. Read. Need to find a new book. Finished my last mystery series. Lights out by 10:00.

WOY 2019: TENACITY -- I will NOT give up!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    31/10: CW: 151.6 - 4.4 🌻

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,000+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Fri 1 Nov
    Goals: 🌻
    Activities:
    • 10 am: Latin Study Group 🌻
    • 2 pm: Parchment Craft 🌻
    JFT: Sat 2 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities
    • Local grocery shopping
    • Chores/gardening: Weather dependent
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    Just popping in... I'm giddy with love and joy as this is the season that I truly enjoy. Feeling that special holiday spirit of a child who's trying to figure out how to put a smile on the faces of others. How creative can I be I wonder? If I lived near you, I'd love to have a suggestion box that I could pull from each day to do a surprise something for each of you. Like for example. For Bex I'd give her a ticket to redeem for free babysitting for one night so that she could do something special with Ash... or give assistance to some with organizing, or chores so that they can use that time to do things they need to catch up on.
    Anyway. Tis My Heart towards my sisters.

I would take all of those things LOL!!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    JFT 1st November

Back exercises not enough
    Do not buy chocolate bought a bar for the weekend
    Gratitude not really
    No snacking snacked several times
    Lots of parent stuff yes, all day apart from mealtimes
    Do some work on my own little business, pack tools for visit tomorrow yes, done last minute in the evening

Yesterday was a big fail all round. What I learned from it is that after not eating any chocolate for several weeks, even a little bit made me feel "yuck". I suppose that's a good thing :) and I need to remember that.

It's just after 7am, and I'm ready for a long drive (well, long by UK standards lol) and a day doing DIY and sorting out some issues at my business. I'm already tired!

So JFT Saturday

Drink enough (often a failing when I'm out all day)
    Gratitude

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 2/11 179 -2lbs
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 188.2
    Loss - 3

JFT - Friday Nov 1
    2L of Water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Saturday Nov 2
    2l of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

This is the 3rd time I’ve tried to post goals today and I’m now running late. Be back later