P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Due to traveling, I did not work out Fri and Sat, so did Legs and Back, Kenpo plus I rowed on my C2 for 6.8 kilometers today - and yes I am sore
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    chest and back done, ab ripper done too, felt that last one though, it's not the best I ever did, but we had pizza outside today as we lost power, and even though I played it safe, my body could tell it wasnt a good food for a workout!
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all,

Completed c/synergistics today and an hour of stretch yesterday – nice alternative to yoga for flexibility. . How’s everyone else doing?
  • Alderaic
    Options
    tonight is plyo.. already logged it to help me focus! Though I have to say that so far it is the workout that I dread a bit, it's definitely the toughest for me
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Tonight was chest/back for me. Last week I could do 11 "real" push-ups and tonight I did 16! Still can't do a pull-up but I will honestly be amazed if I can do 1 at the end of 90 days. How is everyone else doing? Plyo tomorrow. :)
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Weekly Plyo is over, it is definitely the toughest workout so far. I could not do the bonus round yesterday, I was over my 85% for the whole last round, and I guess I pushed too much, maybe I should have modified some at that point.

I also had pizza for lunch, and even if it was a small piece, it doesn't fuel properly your body for a plyo workout. I need to focus a bit more on getting more fruits and veggies every day.

Thinking of getting a juicer, but I fear that the cost is too much (in veggies and fruits, not the machine itself)
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @unfitunhealthy - At my one month mark, I had only lost 2 lbs and 3% bodyfat.. which wasn't even close to what I was hoping to lose... however the actual inch loss was much more motivating. Did you experience the same type of results?

Kenpo today - my favorite!!!
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    @achasnis: no, not even close. I’ll keep on going, see what happens. Have decreased my cal intake as not burning recommended cals. Fingers crossed will start seeing some changes.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Great job so far everyone!
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Plyo done. Shoulders & arms tomorrow - legs will appreciate a break! :smile:
  • Alderaic
    Options
    shoulder and arms over, ab ripper checked, done 20/25 mins of insanity cardio & base, not enough time to do more, I need my sleep and had to run a lot of errands tonight.

Yoga X tomorrow, it should be a good one, again! :)

KPP play guys!
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks bjgenwright, unfitunhealthy, and lisa451999 for your words and motivation! I am working on the classic sched. Thanks you all for your support. This morning i was thinking i'd like to take a bit of a break by doing cardio x instead of plyo x. Then as i was about to put Cardio in i changed my mind. Plyo went by a little faster and i have really improved from week one. Although, i still must say, i am uncoordinated when it comes to the pitching/catching moves. As for shoulders and arms, the bands are slightly not cutting it. I dont have heavy enough weights so i'm going to try adding my 5lb dumbells...i'll update tomorrow. Good sleep everyone!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Have been missing for three days due to illness.
    Back at it now though...Loved the session of legs and back + Ab ripper today.

Hope your all well and ache free.
  • achasnis
    Options
    XStretch. Not a particularly exciting routine, but man do I feel awesome after finishing. Good Luck on todays workouts everyone!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Good news! I am starting to hate Ab Ripper X a tiny bit less. :-)
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Anyone else really sore after the Yoga? You can truly tell that some muscles are really solicited by some poses
  • achasnis
    Options
    Yes, yoga definitely makes me sore! I feel the burn EVERY time during the last vinyasa sequence.

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps today! Enjoy your workouts!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just got done with Day four... the dreaded Yoga X - At 15 minutes I was mad, saying this was stupid... at 30 minutes I stomped out of the room... at 31 minutes that stupid Tony Horton was on my shoulder saying "If you hate it, and it is hard... that means you need it more...." so at 32 minutes I went back in and finished.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    I just got done with Day four... the dreaded Yoga X - At 15 minutes I was mad, saying this was stupid... at 30 minutes I stomped out of the room... at 31 minutes that stupid Tony Horton was on my shoulder saying "If you hate it, and it is hard... that means you need it more...." so at 32 minutes I went back in and finished.

Nice, I only get mad at him on Plyo! But yes Yoga is tough and long, but you feel so good when done!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Way to hang in there mcdonl! Does anyone else just kind of collapse to the ground during the vinyasa when he tells you to keep your elbows in tight? Just me??? :-)