November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    JMNagain wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 I looked at Suuntos, and I like them, but I can't really wear a plastic or rubber watch strap. Can you change the strap?
    On some of the models you can change the strap, and it looks like there is a textile strap available, but yeah... most of them appear to be made of silicone.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @rheddmobile I know what you mean about the birds. My house has huge windows on both sides and you can see all the way through, so the birds often don't see the windows and wind up stunned or with a broken neck. I hate it when they kill themselves. It's so cool that you got to hold a cardinal though.

@kirstymm Great race and race report! Congratulations on your 2nd place in your age group! Loved the pictures!

@Avidkeo Glad the bike ride with well and the kids enjoyed it! Looks like a great time was had by all!

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Finally sat down and worked out my plan for the month. Goal is 55-60 miles. I'm meshing together a marathon recovery plan and another HH HM plan to get back into it after my race over the weekend and resulting soreness. Not to mention the 10 or so miles of walking everyday we we're at Disney. Then I wanted to do something different leading up to my next HM in January. Just mix it up a bit.

11/3: 13.1 miles

How's your neck? Did you see anyone about it?

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I think I lied in the above post. While taking a shower after I posted it I remembered that when I was at Officer's Training School for the Air Force, we had to run 3 miles for our PT. If the first mile wasn't in 10 minutes, it didn't count. So, I know I did some BARELY under 10 minute miles then. But, hey, that was in 1984 and I was only 24 years old. I'm still stoked about the 10:45 pace. (Why do I have to do my best thinking in the shower? I could have blissfully lived with the fantasy that I'm the fastest I ever have been.)

WAY TO GO!!! YAY!!!