The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kanyah2002
    kanyah2002 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hello All! I am 35 years old and I have been in this fitness thang for alittle under 3 years. I have lost about 100 pounds and I have comfortably 50 more to go so feel free to add me....Let's motivate each other!!!
  • midnightlol
    midnightlol Posts: 4 Member
    Hey, you can add me too.
  • BigJohnBigLife
    BigJohnBigLife Posts: 4 Member
    I think I just about qualified for this group! 36 next year. Do feel free to add me!

A lil bit about me, started doing DDPYOGA about 3 months-ish ago, lost about 20kg (44pounds) so far, changed my life and decided to break up with my long-time mistress...FOOD! And oh, I am from Singapore.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I thought I had an operation scheduled for this Monday. I was waiting for my insurers to confirm payment. I contacted them 14 days ago.

They still haven't confirmed it, apparently waiting for information from my doctor's typing pool. The pool have had the letter for at least 5 days, but have not typed it yet. The doctor's office cannot hurry the process, as it's an external company.

The upshot is I still have no idea if it will approved, or if it is when it can be scheduled,
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I have to reduce caffeine--I drink it all day. This is going to suck. That is all.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I thought I had an operation scheduled for this Monday. I was waiting for my insurers to confirm payment. I contacted them 14 days ago.

They still haven't confirmed it, apparently waiting for information from my doctor's typing pool. The pool have had the letter for at least 5 days, but have not typed it yet. The doctor's office cannot hurry the process, as it's an external company.

The upshot is I still have no idea if it will approved, or if it is when it can be scheduled,

What a ridiculous process leaving you waiting in limbo.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Friday, have a great weekend!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! TGIF.....lets all have a great day!
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    Happy Friday to those who get to celebrate them (not me 🤣). I hope everyone has a great end to their week!!
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning. Everybody have a great day!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    To add to the above, we learned to use a slide rule and an abacus in school, the first calculators were just coming out and were very expensive. How many people can use a slide rule or abacus, or even know what they are? Now you can do everything on your phone(except make a good voice call).

Yes. I sometimes wonder why they taught us all that stuff that we no longer use. I still remember my Sharp EL-507 scientific calculator I got around 1980 when the school allowed us to start using them in class.

I have baffled a few youngsters on construction sites by pulling out a pencil and doing some old fashioned arithmetic on a notepad. I find their reactions amusing. HAHA! :D

Back in the 1980s I had a customer who wouldn't accept computer generated invoices. He always double checked with pencil and paper, just in case of errors.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Good morning peeps!
    A chilly one here in the UK.
    Stay warm. :)
  • slimpicknjan
    slimpicknjan Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! 36 year old SAHM of 4. Feel free to add me. I've lost 56 lbs looking to lose 6 - 11 more. Took a break to reassess my goals.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy weekend everyone
    We went to our winter agricultural fair today. Lotsa walking
    I am keeping up with my shoulder rehab and I already can feel a difference. I definitely have more range of motion. It's all very exciting haha
    Have a good Sunday when it comes
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Rainy day today, so not a very productive Saturday. Ended it with 30 minutes on the treadmill to compensate for all that inactivity.
  • kerrykirby9794
    kerrykirby9794 Posts: 2 Member
    Morning all it's been a week since I started my weightloss journey hubby is no support keeps saying nah your fine
    But for me it's a personal thing to get fit and healthy for myself I've got 10 Kilos I want to lose
    I gym it 3 to 4 days a week but weight just wont budge thinking it has something byo do with leading into the dreaded menopausal age 😭😭😭
    But I'm determined I will succeed 😁
  • changeisnoww
    changeisnoww Posts: 15 Member
    Please add me too.
  • Nikkiwozere
    Nikkiwozere Posts: 7 Member
    Hi my name is nikki
    I am 51 recently had a big operation
    So need help to get back into a healthy lifestyle
    Lots of motivated friends pls
  • GypsyJanie
    GypsyJanie Posts: 2 Member
    Hello....working on losing the last 15! I've managed to maintain a 50 lb weight loss for two years now and I'm ready to get to my ideal weight. Could use some support. Why is the last 15 sooooooo hard?? LOL