The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago
  • eelgnoy
    eelgnoy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m 48. I had a heart attack last year and got stents put in. (I was the youngest person in my cardio rehab classes last year.) I’m in the low 170s at 5’8”.

I want to get down to 160, so have started using this app. This seems like a good community, and I appreciate how supportive you all are of each other. Good luck to all on your fitness journey.
  • H2OisGood
    H2OisGood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being Proactive to a Healthier Life.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    eelgnoy wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I’m 48. I had a heart attack last year and got stents put in. (I was the youngest person in my cardio rehab classes last year.) I’m in the low 170s at 5’8”.

I want to get down to 160, so have started using this app. This seems like a good community, and I appreciate how supportive you all are of each other. Good luck to all on your fitness journey.

Hello. Welcome to the club.

All the best on your fitness journey.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago

I've always wanted to learn to curl!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday.
    Mine started off nicely so hoping it stays that way.
    :)
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Good morning all!
    Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday.
    Mine started off nicely so hoping it stays that way.
    :)

Slow start to the day here but trying to push through it. Have a productive Saturday peeps!
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    All this talk of coffee has given me an idea… off to make coffee!

Then I REALLY will start cleaning the house up, honestly, really. Maybe. I will…
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options

If I were younger, I’d play cricket. Not too many sports where you get lunch and tea. 😁 and beer after.

Congrats on the win.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    eelgnoy wrote: »

Welcome. Glad you made it. Other than me, this is a great group of supportive people. Just stay away from the selfie threads. They are quite cliquey.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

If I were younger, I’d play cricket. Not too many sports where you get lunch and tea. 😁 and beer after.

Congrats on the win.

My club has a cricket pitch. You don't have to be young to play. It's funny though there will be a match on and we'll sit on tha patio having lunch and pretending we know what's going on and the team not at bat will start filing in and returning to their clubhouse with lunch. It's so civilized
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    mwalle09 wrote: »

I've always wanted to learn to curl!

You should if you have a place nearby. It's fun and super social. Curlers are very welcoming to anyone new wanting to try
  • allisonhamaker
    allisonhamaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting out - new today to the app. I'm 57 now and have always been energetic but I'm getting really fat so that has to stop. I'm 5'3" and 220 now. Wish me well on this journey back to health. Next year I'll be able to do a lot more with a sleeker body. I don't want to be that fat grandma. I want to be like the slim older ladies I see who are active and strong.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I lifted with my youngest son this morning and our bench press was heavier than its ever been. I’m now 10 pounds away from my end of the year goal. Have a good Saturday all.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

Congrats on the win.

My club has a cricket pitch. You don't have to be young to play. It's funny though there will be a match on and we'll sit on tha patio having lunch and pretending we know what's going on and the team not at bat will start filing in and returning to their clubhouse with lunch. It's so civilized

There is a club in my state. A coworkers husband used to play for them. She said they’d take anyone but at 48 weighing 255 and asthma, I’m not so sure. Plus I’ve never batted and I wonder if they’d be willing to teach. It’s tough being a cricket fan in the States. I didn’t have the chance to grow up with it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Congrats on the win.

There is a club in my state. A coworkers husband used to play for them. She said they’d take anyone but at 48 weighing 255 and asthma, I’m not so sure. Plus I’ve never batted and I wonder if they’d be willing to teach. It’s tough being a cricket fan in the States. I didn’t have the chance to grow up with it.

:) I grew up playing cricket, but never at a competitive level. :D
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Congrats on the win.

:) I grew up playing cricket, but never at a competitive level. :D

To be honest, I’d love to just play at a fun level. Like a pick up league or club vs club. A fat middle aged office workers league would be perfect 😆. I’m just in love with the sport and would love to do more than be a spectator.
  • jwdman
    jwdman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Jeff I’m 39 I’m new on here looking forward for life changes
  • kellymseely
    kellymseely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    41 and very active but always working toward goals! Add me!
  • heatheranddominic
    Options
    Hi I’m a 46 year old women, recovery from a scad heart attack and need to lose weight. I’m 5ft 2 and 83kg and wanting to get to 62kg by using mfp and eating healthily and sensibly.