The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• positivevibes4u
    positivevibes4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It’s the holidays 😭 The motivation just isn’t here ....sigh..
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and just getting back into MFP after a 6 year break. I need friends here so please add me. I do my workouts at home and through walking.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Have a wonderful day!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ☺️

Might have two kiddos home today. Tis the season for allergy triggered asthma. 🙁
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ☺️

Might have two kiddos home today. Tis the season for allergy triggered asthma. 🙁

Sorry to hear that. I have asthma too. It's no fun. Hopefully an inhaler can help them feel better.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Have a wonderful day!

You too, Anna
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    It’s the holidays 😭 The motivation just isn’t here ....sigh..

I know the feeling. Take smaller portions of things to minimize the damage. Remember, it's OK to enjoy the holidays, including holiday food.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday.
    Final curling game of the week and only the fifth in five day. I should complain next week I'll have four games in three days thanks to a festive bonspeil

Physio morning and then my skating group's holiday lunch and I'm bringing a special guest. The maintenance guy who had kept our ice perfect for like 20 years retired in the spring so I invited him to come to lunch. That will be fun
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's Tuesday.
    Final curling game of the week and only the fifth in five day. I should complain next week I'll have four games in three days thanks to a festive bonspeil

Physio morning and then my skating group's holiday lunch and I'm bringing a special guest. The maintenance guy who had kept our ice perfect for like 20 years retired in the spring so I invited him to come to lunch. That will be fun

That's a nice thing to do, Ali. Enjoy it all.
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and joined about five months ago. Feel free to add me as well.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago

Love curling as well. It is one of the things I do throughout our long cold, winter months.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago

Love curling as well. It is one of the things I do throughout our long cold, winter months.

It's a fun game isn't it
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Today I get a curling break. I had wanted to go shopping but looks like my son will be home with a sore throat he seems to have woken up with.

On Monday the skip I had for that game gave me his number saying call him he can come out and give me some pointers. He showed up to watch me play last night. He basically wouldn't tell me what I need to correct until I said ok I practice Thursdays why don't you show me then. It was a bit creepy he showed up to watch but I think he might be a bit of a lonely old man. Why do I always get the lonely people befriending me. I'm a sucker
  • MindfulKim
    MindfulKim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm "going on 50" :) , and I'm bound and determined to get this fitness thing figured out, so I can age with more grace. I love Zumba, Yoga, and Bicycling. I will include strength training because I need to and I hear it helps with weight loss. Best wishes to everyone!
  • _JustKev_
    _JustKev_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just hit the big 50. Could use more friends to help motivate and encourage.
  • sdereski
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

It's a fun game isn't it

Sure is! :smiley:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Keeping up with my burpee challenge. I did 90 on Monday (3 x 30 sets). :)
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on here for a few days after a huge break. (years) I fell off the health wagon after some injuries and health issues. So far so good a few days in. Last time I tried several different ways to lose weight, and finally found a way for me to make it work. I eat most of the same things, just alter them a bit and cut the serving down. I eat about 6 small meals a day. So far so good. I'm rarely hungry and that's a plus. Please add me as I really liked the encouragement last time.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Ok my mid age peeps hope everyone is having a good hump day!!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Ok my mid age peeps hope everyone is having a good hump day!!!

Yes, it's halfway through the night now.