The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited November 2019
    Morning old folks....

Im still 46 (for at least 6 months)
    I saw the allergist yesterday..anyone following my eye saga...he doesn't think the swelling is allergy related but he did an arm test anyway...not allergic to dogs, cats, mold , grass, or mites...he wanted to do a back patch/2 day test anyway...if that is neg which I will find out win Wed its back to the eye Dr
    Im back on steroid gel and antibiotic drops

As far as working out..Im sticking with a 4 day a week routine ...1.5hour session
    I was doing 45-1 hour 6 days a week but its easier for me with my current routine...
    Anyone have any feedback on the number of sessions or duration...does it make a difference, as long as at the end of the week u logged in so many hours of exercise?
    My diet..thats another thing

\Kim
  • B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Hi guys, I'm 40 next year so I really want to get myself in shape. I think having friends on here to comment on and have comment on my actions will help. Please feel free to add me anyone. I live in North West England.
  • 52 feel free to add me
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Hey what's up I'm 34, not new to MFP. Been on it since roughly 2014/15ish. Lost 90lbs at one point. 272-178...sittin pretty at 211 at the moment.
    I know what I need to do but I need to get my *kitten* together haha.
    Just lookin to kill time at the moment. Message or add me if you're up for it. Fyi I'm not much of a motivator.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    Hey what's up I'm 34, not new to MFP. Been on it since roughly 2014/15ish. Lost 90lbs at one point. 272-178...sittin pretty at 211 at the moment.
    Just lookin to kill time at the moment. Message or add me if you're up for it. Fyi I'm not much of a motivator.

Good to see you back.. 🙂
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Two more wakeups till my holiday break. It's going to be a low key week at home, but I'm looking forward to the break. Have a great week!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    CajunTess wrote: »
    Two more wakeups till my holiday break. It's going to be a low key week at home, but I'm looking forward to the break. Have a great week!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday break.
  • wagmtcocom_pb
    wagmtcocom_pb Posts: 11 Member
    Why do Bologna Sandwiches with mircle whip taste so so good. Help!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Yikes I'm not sure I agree with any of this statement
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member

That's definitely acquired taste
  • wagmtcocom_pb
    Maybe miracle whip and baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?
  • infobiker
    infobiker Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, been using fitnesspal for several years and just now checked out discussion group. I'm an 80 year old relic, but still an active cyclist. That and this website have allowed me to remain actice and fit.
  • Marqiiz

Good to see you back.. 🙂

Wow, it's been so long. How have you been?
  • Marqiiz

Who clicked DISAGREE lol and what are you disagreeing with?
  • wagmtcocom_pb
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Maybe miracle whip on a baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2019
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Maybe miracle whip on a baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?

I know In the Backwoods of Virginia we eat fried bologna sandwiches with mustard and onions
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

Better if the bologna is fried.. 👍
    And not from the midwest.
  • javaking9
    javaking9 Posts: 12 Member
    48 here, please add me, thx!
  • AliNouveau
    Maybe miracle whip and baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?

Just as gross
    If I personally had to have Bologna would have to be with mustard
  • AliNouveau
    I just had physio today
    I'm exactly 5 weeks since my rotator cuff surgery. I'm happy to say I've regained full range of motion when I lift my arm to the side and I'm so close to full when I life it to the front. I'm very excited I was told most don't expect this until week 6 so yay me. It is hard work and like a full time job to have gotten it to this stage but I really want to be better quickly. I get to start strengthening it next week which make me super excited since it's so incredibly weak.

I'm a very happy person today