The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago

If I were younger, I’d play cricket. Not too many sports where you get lunch and tea. 😁 and beer after.

Congrats on the win.

My club has a cricket pitch. You don't have to be young to play. It's funny though there will be a match on and we'll sit on tha patio having lunch and pretending we know what's going on and the team not at bat will start filing in and returning to their clubhouse with lunch. It's so civilized

There is a club in my state. A coworkers husband used to play for them. She said they’d take anyone but at 48 weighing 255 and asthma, I’m not so sure. Plus I’ve never batted and I wonder if they’d be willing to teach. It’s tough being a cricket fan in the States. I didn’t have the chance to grow up with it.

:) I grew up playing cricket, but never at a competitive level. :D

To be honest, I’d love to just play at a fun level. Like a pick up league or club vs club. A fat middle aged office workers league would be perfect 😆. I’m just in love with the sport and would love to do more than be a spectator.

Look into it. We have a "travellers" I think team and one person on it has a visible physical disability so I'm sure they are happy to have anyone try. Worth investigating
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    So I'm a nerd and I curl and love it. Like the sport curling. The one where after games you are expected to sit at a table with your opponents and have drinks and chat.

We won out game today 12-2. While I missed a couple of shorts miserably i had some amazing ones too and many stuck around and were what scored us points. It's a really fun game. I'm glad I was forced to take it up 4 years ago

If I were younger, I’d play cricket. Not too many sports where you get lunch and tea. 😁 and beer after.

Congrats on the win.

My club has a cricket pitch. You don't have to be young to play. It's funny though there will be a match on and we'll sit on tha patio having lunch and pretending we know what's going on and the team not at bat will start filing in and returning to their clubhouse with lunch. It's so civilized

There is a club in my state. A coworkers husband used to play for them. She said they’d take anyone but at 48 weighing 255 and asthma, I’m not so sure. Plus I’ve never batted and I wonder if they’d be willing to teach. It’s tough being a cricket fan in the States. I didn’t have the chance to grow up with it.

To be honest, I’d love to just play at a fun level. Like a pick up league or club vs club. A fat middle aged office workers league would be perfect 😆. I’m just in love with the sport and would love to do more than be a spectator.

Look into it. We have a "travellers" I think team and one person on it has a visible physical disability so I'm sure they are happy to have anyone try. Worth investigating

Hi Ali,

I am going to for sure. My wife is supportive but won’t come to any matches. Something about 6 hour long games 😆
  • maxtzis1
    maxtzis1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...36 .... its official.....I'm middle aged.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Congrats on the win.

Hi Ali,

I am going to for sure. My wife is supportive but won’t come to any matches. Something about 6 hour long games 😆

Good.
    If you end up joining a league she might find some other wives she would like to hang out with and socialize with while you play.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a lovely Sunday y'all!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!!
    Third curling game in as many days is today. This is getting a bit obsessive haha
  • MamaShelia
    MamaShelia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 and HATE the tummy bulge and extra baggage that has joined me via menopause!! I hope to lose about 30 pounds and am trying to use this app to overcome my laziness!!! Maybe I can even make better food choices if I keep entering too many calories before lunch! Feel free to add me, I’ll try to keep you accountable, too!
  • Billy7613
    Billy7613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi middle-aged trying to lose weight and get my health back on track.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!!
    Third curling game in as many days is today. This is getting a bit obsessive haha

But it’s a healthy obsession
  • FatCrankyGoat
    FatCrankyGoat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’m in my early 50’s and I have been on MFP for 120 days now, managed to lose 22 pounds so far AND already have some great MFP friends who are supportive and very motivational - some truly inspiring folks out there.

I’m trying to lose bodyfat while at the same time build muscle - a challenging balancing act of proper nutrition and sufficient workout routines. Watching my macro nutrients and trying to maintain optimal protein levels with minimal amount of processed / packaged foods. Utilizing a home gym with focus on compound exercises; calisthenics and bodyweight routines supplemented with dumbbell weighted workouts.

Seeking like minded MFP ‘friends’ who are consistent MFP users - I find it can be immensely helpful for providing self motivation to workout and stay consistent; plus it also helps to explore better fitness and dietary routines. If interested, please send me a ‘friend’ request and I’ll gladly accept you. Thanks
  • Cjohnson294
    Cjohnson294 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    52 yrs old and struggling to lose. Keto is the path I'm trying but since I have trouble staying in ketosis it's more like low carb.
    No metabolism I swear god forgot to give me one. Daily moderate exercise.
    Looking forward to chatting
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!!

But it’s a healthy obsession

This is true. Luckily two of my favourite things are sporty.

Three game son three days is a lot and inhave two more games to go before I get a break. I'm hoping I get to skip tomorrow. I need a bit of a break. To top it off I've a bit of a cold so it's hard work
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday M agers looking to keep Motivated this week !!!!
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow old-but-not-THAT-old-yet folks :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's a new week!!!!
    Happy Monday.
    Second last curling game this week and I'm ready for a break.
    Just books to see santa on my girls weekend in NYC this weekend. Can't wait I need a little getaway
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Happy Monday? Is that a thing?

Anyway, for today, I'm getting back on track with my tracking. So I'm just trying to be successful today. Tomorrow I'll worry about being successful then.

This weekend we took our dog to see Santa at the pet store. He did better than I thought. We had an elf costume on him so he fit right in.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    37 here and wanting to get into the shape, lose fat, and build muscle. Feel free to add me, always open to more friends and support
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Laundry. Done. Guitar practice. Done. Stayed within calorie goal today. Check.

Good night my friends. We beat Monday. 🎉
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Won curling today. Was interesting

Convinced my girls I'm going to NYC with we need to go out Saturday nite so I can wear my leopard stilettos

Good day today
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Won curling today. Was interesting

Convinced my girls I'm going to NYC with we need to go out Saturday nite so I can wear my leopard stilettos

Good day today

Congrats on the win.