SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER TRIATHALON SIGN-UP THREAD (**CLOSE

Options
123457»

Replies

• lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the 100lbs to lose thread and thought it sounded like a great challenge (if it's ok to join in) - also thought that sounded like the right group to join. My name is Laura, I live in England and started with 102lbs to lose. I'm almost halfway now, and think doing some challenges like this will keep me motivated to keep losing. If it's alright to be part of it, I'd like to do the individual iron man triathlon. The cycling I'm ok with, swimming I think I might manage, but the running is gonna kill, so I think I'll opt for jogging on that one. Good luck everyone.
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    is it to late to join?

My name is Nancy and I will be doing the individual Triathlon here. I will be doing Running/walking, Swimming and Jump roping for the month of September.

I will be doing the full Ironwoman as well.

Nancy -- please review the events... jumproping is a substitute for the swimming. Are you not able to bike? If not, then I will need to look at what we might be able to have to substiture for biking... so please let me know soon. THANKS!

-Becky

Yes, I can do biking but it will be on a stationary bike. I don't have an actual bike
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Icewolf I will be happy to sub if needed. But if I get called up, the others better bring it on too! I'm so ready for this challenge.
    I never heard of that store, but I might look in Houston. I live in a small city.

Meerkat I'm doing the 5000 calorie per week challenge too. I don't see that one failing while doing this one. Good luck to you.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    *GONG*

You have been naaaammmed Team 5

See dawdling just doesn't pay...

You shall await the unvailing of the sheet to meet your fate..

muhahahahahahahahahahha

Oh...I am going to enjoy this.

Ok, now I'm a little scared *chews finger-nails*
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...I don't know why you all are in such an uproar...Tri-Ceratops are going to ram right through the competition!
  • fossette
    Options
    I just joined the 100+ support group a couple of weeks back and would love to do the challenge as well. I'd definitely be a swimmer, though if need be may be able to help some with biking. I need a team though :)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Greg don't chew your fingernails! You don't know how many calories are in them!!!!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't hit my August challenge target and haven't been in the gym for a week so I am super set to go! As soon as I get back from the airport I will be in the pool and these WITCHES are gonna sew this thing up!!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    Options
    Greg don't chew your fingernails! You don't know how many calories are in them!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :mad: HONEY BADGER are the team to watch!! We're Fierce - we're Fast - and we're MEAN! :grumble: :mad:

Other teams will be :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: all the way home.

We would wish you all luck -- -- -- but we're not that nice.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Is there a spreadsheet like there was for the August challenge?
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    :grumble: :mad: HONEY BADGER are the team to watch!! We're Fierce - we're Fast - and we're MEAN! :grumble: :mad:

Other teams will be :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: all the way home.

We would wish you all luck -- -- -- but we're not that nice.

We don't need your luck. We have the skillz to wrap this thing up...in a pretty bow. The Stitch Witches will be bringing home first place. You can have second place though. No hard feelings? :bigsmile:
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the spread sheet link?? Because once the Wabbid Wombats get going, there is no stopping!!! Watch out you other teams you!!!! :laugh:
  • BRISAjustAltered
    Options
    Spreadsheet? Donde esta??
    And just to be clear, do we post our progress on this tread or another tread? And how often? Daily, weekly, or do we pick a day to post?

Btw all of us going at it solo, good luck to you!

AND HERE WE GO!!
  • NancyMoedt
    Options
    Did the biking portion of the triathlon, 6.3 miles in 20 minutes. :love:

I may be single but I can be deadly.

Have fun all.:heart:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    New Thread is posted...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332495--closed-skinny-chics-a-rooster-triathalon-closed?page=1#posts-4456066

Cynthia: I made a couple adjustments to the spreadsheet by deleting the people that I didn't have registered... didn't undo the formating, in case I was doing that in error. But, I only had 20 people fully registered, and 1 person I was waiting to have answer a couple questions...

If you do not see your name on the spreadsheet, please PM me and I will look at that. Do NOT add yourself to this spreadsheet! Thanks!
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I probably looked more like the tin man than the iron man, but I did do the first 1/30th of my triathlon activities. Woo Hoo!
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    OK I found you.

I cant find the site to the spreedsheet. I'm not sure what team to be on. I will bike and walk if that helps.

Thanks Becky and Lexie

I will change my September miles if I need to just let me know how many miles for the bike and walking.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    OK I found you.

Almost! This is the sign up thead...the active thread with the triathalon challenge is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332495--closed-skinny-chics-a-rooster-triathalon-closed

You can read the rules and see the spreadsheet link there.

Come on over!